Chapter 7

Denial Is Just A River in Egypt

Author's Note: *hides* Okay, so long story short, my laptop broke down and so I lost all my stories because I didn't have any backup. Yes, all my stories are now lost and I have to rewrite them word by word. A shame, really, because I'm almost done with this story up until the finished line and already got into about 50% to some of the others. Oh well. No point complaining about it now. This will teach me to regularly back up my stuff :D

Oh, and because I have no laptop, I'm updating this via an iPad (and write the lot of them here as well) so I want to apologize beforehand for any grammar mistakes or misspelling. I really need to buy a new computer. :(

 

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYUHYUN!!!

 

 

Chapter 7

By: zielddhy/Sharl

 

 

 

Kyuhyun scowled at his own reflection. His lips were still swelling a bit, and his nose still felt a little bit runny, but it was so much better now, thanks Kangin and his-apparently-real medical knowledge. The doctor had given him a shot and packed him away with two weeks worth of medicine for allergies.
 
Stupid Siwon with his stupid sunflowers. 
 
A knock on the door brought him back to reality. And there stood Changmin, literally laughing his off when he saw Kyuhyun.
 
"What the hell *snickers* happened to you, man?" The architect asked between guffaws. "Why is your face all looking like that?"
 
Kyuhyun scowled deeper. "You want to come in or I should just leave you here laughing at the doorway?"
 
Nearly one minute later, Changmin was sitting on one of Kyuhyun's comfortable sofa, with few giggles still escaping him. "Okay. So," Changmin cleared his throat, "let me guess, Siwon brought you sunflowers?"
 
"how do you know it's Siwon?"
 
Changmin gave him a look. "Dude, the only one that could possibly bringing you some flowers are either your fans or him. And I assume nearly all your fans know about your allergies and everything, that leaves only him. Siwon the lawyer who has been occupying your mind these last few weeks."
 
Kyuhyun glared at his smug-looking best friend who was countering his glares with a 'I know that I'm genius why the hell you look so surprised for' expression. The author finally sighed and admitted defeat. "Fine, you're right. It's Siwon with his stupid sunflowers."
 
Changmin smiled triumphantly.  "Has he apologized to you?" He casually reached for one of those magazines Kyuhyun always had lying around his apartment. He flipped the next few pages, before stopping at a delicious looking male Calvin Klein model. Looking at the footnote, he read the model's name: Park Yoochun. 
 
"He has, with endless text messages reminding me to take my medicine and all," Kyuhyun's voice brought him back to reality. The author then plopped down on a sofa across Changmin's. "Seriously, it's like he's acting like a mother hen or something."
 
"That man really got it bad for you, huh?" Changmin smirked, eyes looking up from the magazine to look at his best friend.
 
Kyuhyun shrugged. "I don't know. I mean, he can be like that with everyone and he's not treating me any different." He paused for a while because that thought somewhat made his heart ache. Somehow. Shaking his head a bit, "Anyway, I got a very good wine yesterday, want to open it?"
 
Changmin's phone beeped and he opened the text message. Reading whom it was from, unconsciously he cracked a smile. "Would love to, but can't, I need to go."
 
The author watched as his friend's face changed. Well, there was only one thing that can make Changmin refused wine: . "Who's the lucky lady? Or guys? Being able to spend a night with the great Shim Changmin?" He asked teasingly.
 
The architect blinked. "What?"
 
Kyuhyun gave a look. "Your partner tonight. The one who just sent you a text message."
 
Changmin made a face. "No, its from Junsu, that marine biologist I've told you about. We need to discuss few things and maybe we'll go to dinner afterwards. There's this great BBQ place near the coffee shop we're meeting and they make the best samgyeopsal."
 
Kyuhyun frowned. Changmin never refused a wine before, especially not for a mere dinner, no matter how good the food was. There must be something else, most likely something to do with that marine biologist dude. He decided not to press his best friend further though, and instead he protested.  "How come you never told me about this place?"
 
"I've only found out a week ago myself," Changmin answered with a shrug. "We'll go there next time, okay?And bring your lawyer with you."
 
The author rolled his eyes. "Don't tell me you're planning a double date or something. And he's not my lawyer, not anymore."
 
Changmin let out a laugh. "It won't be a double date because I won't be dating Junsu. Ever. Period." 
 
He was nearly out of the door when Kyuhyun suddenly called him. "Min, as cliche as this sounds, just be careful with your feelings okay? Don't play with fire."
 
The architect scoffed. "I know what I'm doing dude, and I'm not going to give up my happy bachelor life. Trust me," he added seeing Kyuhyun's doubtful look before closing the door behind him. "And drink your medicine," Changmin's voice shouted down from the hall.
 
Kyuhyun sighed. I really hope you're right Min, because if not then you have a big, denial issue going on.
 
 
***************
 
 
Jaejoong peered into the pot that had been shimmering under a low heat over the last two hours. It's done, he smiled in satisfaction. The consommé was clear, all the residues were in the bottom of the pot, leaving almost translucent liquid stayed at the upper layer. The color was a deep rich brown, like the way it should be. And now, came the ultimate challenge: the taste.
 
He took out a spoon and gently took a little bit of that clear liquid while making sure he wasn't touching those residue below. Blowing at the spoon to cool it down skittle, he was about to take a sip when an arm circled his waist.
 
"Hey, baby," a familiar voice whispered in his ear.
 
The chef scowled. "Yunho, which part of 'don't come into my kitchen while I'm working' that you don't understand?"  Without turning back, Jaejoong could almost see the other was pouting. He suppressed an urge to roll his eyes. "Yun, I'm serious." 
 
"How is it that I'm supposed to control myself when you're standing there looking so delicious and I know for sure you've just bought a new bench," Yunho replied looking a bit too wantonly at a shining stainless steel bench behind him.
 
Jaejoong wiggled around in Yunho's arms so that he was facing the CEO now. "Try this. and tell me what you think." He held out the tasting spoon. 
 
Yunho smacked his lips. "It's good, Jae. It's tasty, it's perfect, it's... really good. Is it a new menu?"
 
"It will be starting tomorrow night. I just need to come up with something else to pour the consommé into." Jaejoong then turned around again before taking out a big strainer. His mind was already whirling with few ideas of new dish. "Maybe some minced prawns mixed with garlic and coriander wrapped in wonton skin might be good. Or maybe some duck instead of prawns. Ooooh, what about some steamed snapper?"
 
Yunho sighed mournfully. There was no stopping Jaejoong once he's got his mind like this; might just as well going with that. "Changmin loves snapper," he offered while plopping down the bench, the same bench they were supposed to christened by now. Yunho sniffled a bit. Oh well, looks like he had to wait until the day ends then.
 
 "He does, doesn't he?" Jaejoong frowned. "You know what I haven't seen him these last few days. He's usually here every morning and almost every lunch or dinner but not anymore. What's up with him? Is he okay?"
 
Yunho chuckled. "I'm guessing he's more than okay. Remember that Junsu, that marine biologist?"
 
Jaejoong squealed and turned around facing Yunho, his mind had practically forgotten abut the consommé. "I like where this is going," he said with a big smile.
 
Yunho gave him a look. "The prospect of having with me on this new bench is less appealing than Changmin's love life? I can't believe you, Jae," he said dramatically.
 
The chef rolled his eyes. "We have every morning and every night when you're not on business trip or something. But Changmin is -wait, did you just say Changmin's love life? He's in love already? Are you serious?" By the end of the sentences, his voice had gotten an octave higher.
 
"I wouldn't know, would I? I mean, I'm not his guardian or anything," Yunho answered, still sulking a bit, "and we only did one round this morning because you said you needed to get here early."
 
"Come on, tell me what's going on with our dearest Minnie," Jaejoong poked at the other's side. "I'll let you tie me up later tonight."
 
"Deal," Yunho immediately grinned. "You know the whole thing with Howard and the construction and everything right?" At his partner's nod, he continued. "Well, I know for sure that Changmin has spent an awful lot of time with the marine biologist, more than what a business partner should have spent. Although he's always saying that there's nothing going on, I'm pretty sure something is."
 
Jaejoong squealed again. "Ooh, when can we see this Junsu?"
 
The other didn't reply immediately. "I don't know Jae, Changmin hasn't even admitted that he likes him, what makes you think he'll bring him to meet us."
 
"That's true," Jaejoong frowned and suddenly he grinned. "I know! Maybe we can blackmail him or something?"
 
Yunho gave his partner a grim smile. "I think when it comes to Changmin, he's the one who is blackmailing us, love."
 
Jaejoong immediately wilted. "oh yeah that's right." He remembered the last thing Changmin blackmailed them with and shuddered.  Lets just say that there was a particularly embarrassing thing that led up to a particularly embarrassing moment. Yunho and Jaejoong had to flew out of the country for three whole weeks as a result for that.
 
Yep, not something he'd like to experience again. Ever.
 
He heaved a sigh. "Well, looks like we just have to wait and see. With all the luck, we will meet this Junsu pretty soon."
 
"Or maybe it was the other way around, Changmin can be too damn stubborn sometimes," Yunho added. "Too stubborn for his own good."
 
 
 
*****************
 
 
Dinner was pleasant, to say the least. Actually the whole day was pleasant, full with interesting scenes. Some was funny (like how Kyuhyun's face was all swelled up because those after effect allergies), some was a little annoying (really, Jaejoong's constant text messages of 'how is Junsu, can we see Junsu, when will bring Junsu to meet us, etc. Junsu, etc. Junsu' were making his phone beeping all night until he was forced to turn it off). Some however, was downright... heart-warming.
 
Adorable, his gremlin had sneakily said.
 
Changmin had scoffed internally. No, it wasn't.
 
Oh, you are denying that the way Junsu's face went all scrunched up when his coffee was too bitter was not an adorable sight? And remember how he ended up putting too much sugar until it was terribly sweet and he couldn't drink it at all?
 
............
 
I knew it. 
 
Let's just say that the gremlin was having a massive field day. Or night. Whatever. Honestly Changmin couldn't care less, because right now he had better things to focus on. Like watching Junsu cutting those meats into smaller pieces, dipping them in some sauce before rolling them up in perilla or lettuce leaves. They both hated eating garlic so a dish of raw garlic left untouched. However, they both were up to the third portion of samgyeopsal now and Changmin had a feeling that the waitresses would be horrified if they ordered a fourth portion. 
 
But then again, watching Junsu eats always fascinated him. The man can eat as fast as Changmin can eat, maybe even faster and that was saying something. Still, it was nice to have someone sharing similar interest with him, especially in food. Changmin sipped on his beer before taking another rolled up lettuce leaves Junsu had prepared earlier; the marine biologist did all the cutting and rolling because he can do it better than Changmin. 
 
"That's the best samgyeopsal I've ever had in years," Junsu said as he leaned back in his chair. Taking his own beer, he sipped on it, while Changmin smiled at him. 
 
"I take that you're satisfied with the dinner then?"
 
"God, yes." Junsu moaned and the sound went straight to Changmin's crotch.
 
Clearing his throat, he asked instead, "So, do you want something for dessert?"
 
Junsu made a face. "I'm so full I don't think I can eat anything else." Changmin laughed at the other's answer. They stayed at the restaurant for a bit longer, doing some talking afterwards and the funny thing was, there was no awkwardness at all. Only a month ago Junsu threw a rotten egg at him and now they were enjoying dinner together, laughing together just like old friends.
 
Changmin asked for the check and waved away Junsu's protest. But it's my turn to pay, but you paid for the last three meals we've had, but I ate more than you do...
 
"So, do you want to go home now, or..." Changmin said once they were outside. He looked at his watch, it was still pretty early to call it a night so if Junsu preferred to go back maybe Changmin could drop by Kyuhyun's apartment and have some of those red wines.
 
The marine biologist thought about it for a moment, "I know where we should go next. You said you didn't know mola mola, so let's see one. Without you getting wet, of course," Junsu added with a wink.
 
Changmin groaned. "Seriously? Why you just don't kill me now?"
 
Junsu hit him playfully. "Shut up. It's not just mola mola you know, we can see other marine life as well. You're designing a tourism spot there my friend so you'd better know your game."
 
The underwater aquarium was closed already, but Junsu seemed to know few people and so they were granted exclusive viewing. The place was empty except for them both and with Junsu as his guide, they went straight to see what they came for.
 
Mola mola in Changmin's opinion, was a bizarre, ugly looking fish. It has two vertical fins and huge body, nearly four meter's long. And the head is so big, it looks like it has no body nor tail at all. Just a big, floating head.
 
"That is a mola mola?"
 
"Yup,"  Junsu nodded, "also known as the sun fish."
 
"It doesn't look like a sun to me. It's... ugly," Changmin made a face .
 
The marine biologist laughed. "It's called that because after hatching from their eggs, they then become some sort of larva with special protection around them. Those protection's shape resembles a sun, and thus the name."
 
Changmin felt like he was being transported into a different light. But aside from those weird ocean thing going on, it was probably because those water seemed to reflecting a really beautiful color and they shed a different light to Junsu's profile. It made him look so ethereal, so beautiful. 
 
He just wanted to kiss him senseless.
 
Right at that moment, something big swam by, but Changmin couldn't see what. He didn't need to anyway because Junsu immediately squealed, "Oh look, there's a dolphin! And another one! Aren't they pretty?"
 
Not as pretty as you, his gremlin lamely said, at which Changmin tactfully ignored.
 
"Here is dolphin fun fact number three: dolphin sleeps with one half of the brain at a time, with one eye open."
 
Changmin hid a smirk. "Really?"
 
"Uh-huh,"Junsu nodded and smiled, "a dolphin's hearing is so acute, it can pick up underwater sound from 24 kilometers away."
 
Changmin took a step forward, his eyes trained on Junsu's smiling lips. "Really?" his voice unconsciously dropped down an octave lower. He leaned closer and closer and Junsu seemed to realize what Changmin wanted to do and he's not pulling away so that was a good sign, and Changmin finally stopped; their lips were inch away from each other.
 
"Dolphin fact number five: when a dolphin is sick or injured, its' cries of distress summon immediate aid from other dolphins," Junsu his lips nervously and Changmin didn't bother to hide his purr because the sight of that tongue sneaking out was just so y, "they try to support it to the surface so that it can...breathe." The last word was spoken barely as a whisper.
 
Changmin circled his arms around Junsu's waist, he stared at the other's eyes and found himself captivated with the way they moved downward to the architect's lips. Without a second thought, Changmin pressed their lips together.
 
He half registered Junsu's arms wrapped themselves around his neck, and as Junsu kissed him back with equal fervor, Changmin didn't, couldn't think of anything else.
 
His tongue trailed along those soft lips, asking for permission and Changmin literally moaned when Junsu had not only parted his lips, but also sneaking out that slick muscle and soon they were dueling, dancing around for dominance. A desperate need of oxygen finally forced them apart.
 
Changmin was so aroused by now it was almost embarrassing how quickly he got . Both of his hands sneaked downwards to cup those sinful , bringing Junsu closer to him and pressing their s together while his lips continued their exploration to taste Junsu's lips again. Junsu tasted like a sweet nectar he would never get bored off. 
 
"Let's go back to my place," the architect whispered as he placed butterfly kisses at the other's neck, feeling how Junsu twitched and moved every time he touched the right spot.
 
"No," Junsu replied with a breathy moan. Changmin stopped moving hearing Junsu's answer. And then he heard it. That y, lustful tone as the shorter man's voice dropped down an octave lower to whisper in Changmin's ear. "My place is closer." 
 
 
-End chapter 7-
 
Author's note: Dear my fellow WonKyu shippers, I apologize for the lack of WonKyu in this update. There are two reasons for this:
a) I feel like both couples are reaching their tipping points soon and I want to focus on one couple per chapter, I don't want them to go into the tipping points at the same time/chapter because it might be too much. I promise that the WonKyu part will come in Chapter 8, the whole lot of them.
 
b) because my WonKyu muse is full with the werewolf storyline I'm working on (check out my blogs/LJ for more details) and so they are a bit reluctant to come out on this chapter. 
 
Anyway, enough rambling from me. The next chapter will be up exactly a week from now, I promise!