The Encore

Concert Memories

 

~Seungri’s POV~

 I grab out my phone, as I always do in our Galaxy Tour concerts, and start to video… the panda.  You know how I like pandas, eh? Right.  While  Jiyong-hyung starts with his fanservice, I steer away from the panda and start videoing him.  I know what comes next, and I smirk at his coyness. He removed his shirt and revealed… a muscle shirt.  Before we started, he was telling me that he will strip off his shirt on the encore, revealing his beautiful body.  I STRONGLY disagreed, to the point that we almost had a fight.  It’s for my eyes only, people.  MINE.  So in the end, my decision reigned supreme. 

Yup, read that right.  GD’s mine.  All mine, and I’ve proven that too many times, the fans may be indifferent with our advances to tell it to them.  We have called ourselves “Nyongtory”. C’mon, people, we ship ourselves.  BELIEVE.

I continued videoing him, even if it is YoungBae-hyung’s part.  He just looks so heavenly.  I followed him till the edge of the stage.

“Na na na na na na na na na na… Say what? Wow, Fantastic Baby!”  Jinyoung-hyung screamed with the sea of VIP as we performed.  We were all happy as it was the first time we have performed here in the Philippines.  I like the energy of the people.  Anyway, we were all hyper, but.. wait.  Can I call him GD here?  Okay.  So GD performs for the camera, and he dances for the camera.  Oh. Looky there, Nyongtory moment again.

I steer away as GD sings his part, and goes to Daesung-hyung’s part of the stage.  He says “Hey!” and does this killer smile that leaves people (particularly girls) swooning for him.  He does faces in the camera, and I go to the center stage, where TOP-hyung and YoungBae-hyung are there.  YB-hyung did smile for the camera, and I breathe a sigh of relief.

You see, this may be one of the most difficult trials I’ve ever been through as a member of Big Bang.  YoungBae-hyung is very protective of me.  But the scandal that happened was just too much for him.  He accepted me and GD together, but this has just gone too far for him.  On the day that news broke out, I was in my room sulking when he barged in, shook me and said:

“Ah, DONGSAENG! What did you do? What the hell were you thinking?  That girl… she was the type I wanted you to stay away to.  But what did you do?  Seungri, I trusted you to do the right decisions in life!  And this is what you give to me in return? This was NOT what I expected of you.  You need to learn your lesson.  And until you don’t, I won’t be here for you.”   Then he walked out, and after that he really restrained from any verbal contact with me. 

The thing is, TOP-hyung was kinda oblivious to the camera.  He turned his back, and I don’t know if that is because he just planned to do it or he is just ignoring me.  I don’t know.  I’ll talk to him later. They shout and scream and say “TOP OPPA!”  I’m really envious of his “Matchless beauty”, as I called his charisma once, but that’s about it.  I have a high regard for Hyung. 

YoungBae-hyung was interacting with the audience, and when he looked at me-I mean the camera- he smiled.  This painful, gut-wrenching smile that sank my heart.  He flipped his microphone, and I just continued smiling, for the fans.  That was my mantra that night.  For the fans.

On the center aisle of the stage, the fans saw TOP-hyung, dancing.  Well, actually, attempted to dance.  He only dances when there are few or no people around, at least in his sight.  Of course, we are all watching, as the true dancing machine of BigBang struts his stuff in the dance floor.  Believe me, I’ve seen it personally.  We always tell him to let it out, but he always contradicts it by saying “The VIPs know me not dancing; I don’t like to kill their imagination of me REALLY dancing by dancing in front of them.”  He has a point.  Besides, he has the charisma to replace it.

                .  So, while TOP-hyung says the very popular “Boom Shakalaka”, I go to-where else?- to my one and only GD.  I circle him with the camera and then… he tries to KISS the cam.  And me.  Because the cam is in MY face.  So, yeah.   Nyongtory right there.  People shout and scream, and I can just imagine their expressions later on: “Nyongtory is so true!” and stuff like those.   

                And since I have my part next, GD got the camera from me.  And since he has made me blush from the kissy face thing, I revenge back.

                “Mama, just let me be your lover.”  That line is really for him, and so I dedicate it to him.  I point at him and there he goes, blushing and lowering (slightly, ever so slightly) his shoulder:  a sign of sweetness.

                He goes on and records TOP-hyung and after that, proceeds to record himself in his verses.  You all know it is Daesung-hyung and YB-hyung’s turn, right?  But NO.  GD proceeds to record me, in all my hyperactive glory. 

                The next he videoed (I saw the video right after the performance) was Daesung-hyung.  And boy, was he soaked when GD proceed to drench him in water.  He whipped his hair in this dog-like manner, and then after that smiled.  Just smiled.  The last parts were of GD videoing the crowd.   Very interactive, hyperactive crowd.  The sea of yellow and blue envelope us, all of us, and I am so happy to be part of something like this.Then Dae-hyung proceeded to say “Salamat”, which is “Thank You” to the Filipino crowd, and “Mahal kita”, which is “I Love You” in the Philippine language.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Daesung-hyung.  He was the one who came to me after Young bae-hyung.  Wanna know what he said?

                “Seungri, I heard Young Bae-hyung’s speech.  He does really sound furious.  Care to tell your hyung what really happened?”

                I told him the story, he understood my “needs” as a man and advised me that as soon as Young Bae-hyung’s anger has been pacified, I should go talk to him.  Apparently, his anger is still there.  I can’t even approach him, for heaven’s sake.  I’m just glad that Daesung-hyung was there and is there to understand the members, even those older than him.  I also know for a fact that he and YB-hyung are close, so I don’t know if he would tell him.  I think he did not.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Backstage, we were all shaking hands and thanking each other for doing a great job, all but me and YB-hyung.  I summed up my courage and approached hyung first.

                “Hyung, I know I did something that you did not like, and I apologize for everything.  Can you please forgive me?”  I said loudly for the whole group to hear.  I heard the deep breathing of Hyung and slowly, he faced me.

                “Are you sure you’ve learned your lesson?” He asked me.  I nodded, and he embraced me, a simple gesture that he has forgiven me.  I let out a sigh of relief and hugged him back.  Suddenly, all the members came and hugged us.

                GD was waiting for me outside our dressing room.  I went out because someone said GD was searching for me, and when I came out, he kissed me right on the cheek.  “Ya, so you and Yang are friends now, huh?” He said, a smug look across his beautiful face.  I held his cheeks and pinched them.  “Yeah, and now I can breathe freely.”  I continued.  I kissed his beautiful lips, but it was just a smack.  “I need to get dressed.”  Before I can go, he pulled me for another kiss, and I gladly accepted.  After a few minutes, I pulled off and told him to wait until later.  “Love you, babe”.  He said, and went to his own room.  Oh, I can’t wait until later.