Exeunt

Death Child

 

11.30. It was practically impossible to get out of bed. You tossed and turned to get comfortable and drift off into the heavens of dream land, but it was no use. Body aching and struggling to get out of bed, you fought the tension between your joints and headed for the bathroom.
 

You grimaced with dissatisfaction as you stared at the mess in the mirror. Clumps of hair were ripped out as you untangled the rat’s nest on your head and you winced, trying to refrain the tears which threatened to escape its glands. Running down to your chin was your mascara and eyeliner, which unattractively smudged from your eyes.
 

After removing every inch of make up from your face, you changed into a new pair of clothes; a simple white tank and opaque tights, along with your sheer black combat boots. You searched for your rucksack after dressing, under your bed and in your closet, to the kitchen and in the lounge, but it was nowhere to be found. Don’t tell me I have to go back there.
 

“Where are you going?” your step mother asked. “Aren’t you suspended from school?”
 

You blandly shrugged, pointed a finger towards the door and walked out, oblivious to your step mother who was telling you otherwise.
 

“Fine, but be back for dinner. And if you see your dad, make sure he gets his sorry home okay?” you heard your mother call as you trudged out of the house.
 

-          -
 

The kids in town were happily running about the stores, searching for materials and such for their costumes. You on the other hand, walked to the deserted pumpkin patch and searched amongst the various types; orange to white, big and small. You looked at the pumpkins staring at you from the ground and picked up a couple, running your fingers along the wax-like texture before bringing it to the counter.
 

“You have got very good taste young lady,” the old woman complimented. You smiled widely and nodded politely as you pulled out ten dollars from your pocket. “Have a great Halloween my dear, and don’t you worry about a thing because nothing is going to happen.”
 

The moment was indeed contradictory as a dark shadow loomed over your figure. Slowly turning to meet the person, you relaxed as Sherriff Park stood with a notepad in one hand and a pen in the other. What does he want?
 

“I have a few questions for you, sweetie,” he said, kneeling on one knee so that he was eye level with you. “It’s about your dad.”
 

The grip on the pumpkins tightened and your eye began to twitch. All the blood had drain from your already snow-white face. Sheriff Park noticing this gave you a look, raising his eyebrow in a questioning manner. “You know something don’t you?”
 

You opened your mouth to speak but quickly shut it. Do I tell him that he’s dead? That I HELPED a psychotic murderer end his life? That his body is in a collective basement with hundreds of other unresponsive bodies? Looking back into the sheriff’s awaiting gaze, you innocently shook your head.
 

Hesitantly he stood back on two feet and sighed, combing his hair back with his hand and wearing his cap yet again. “Alright then, but be sure to keep an eye out for him. And be careful, you know what happens during Halloween, you’re old enough to know.”
 

You nodded wearily and watched as he disappeared into the distance, muttering inaudible words under his breath. Get a grip of yourself, you wordlessly demanded as you wobbled on your feet and let out a breath you were keeping for too long.
 

-          -
 

You straightened your clothes and adjusted your posture as you stood in front of a polished wooden door. You raised your arm and knocked thrice before retreating and awaiting its opening.
 

“Oh hey,” Luhan greeted as he embraced you with his long, muscular arms.
 

Luhan was at least a head taller than you, his face perfectly framed with his shaggy, ash blonde hair. His eyes were round and big, warm and soft. He was a cute little puppy within that tall stature of his, which was shielded by his cool, attractive appearance. He was your best friend; one of the very few people you ever spoke to.
 

Luhan looked at the ornaments in your hand and laughed. “Those for me?”
 

You giggled and nodded. Luhan was about to grab both pumpkins but you slapped his hand away.  “Only one,” you said quietly as you handed him his rightful treat.
 

Luhan widened the door space and you followed him inside. “So why aren’t you at school?”
 

Luhan gave you an are-you-stupid look before realising that you actually didn’t have a single clue in the world. “My mum didn’t let me out of the house because, y’know, it’s Halloween. Legend or not, it’s better to be safe than sorry she said.”
 

For the next few hours the two of you talked (well mostly Luhan talked and you listned, adding bits and pieces here and there) and watched horror films on television. Although you were here safely, your mind couldn’t help but wonder about the dangers at Kris’ place, and your rucksack of course. After carving your pumpkins you decided it was time to leave.
 

“C’mon, do you really have to go already?” Luhan whined, his pink lips pursed. You giggled at his child-like gesture and pinched his cheeks before confirming your departure.
 

“I’ll see you at school on Monday then,” he grinned, enveloping you in an affectionate hug.
 

You glanced at the night sky as you walked. It was a tone of dark purple and slowly fading its way into darkness. “Night already huh,” you mumbled to yourself as you stormed through the woods into Kris’ backyard.
 

Still hiding in the bushes, you scanned the house for any signs of life. Relieved that it was empty, you trudged through the back door from your hiding place, when a peculiar sound pulsated in your eardrums. You quickly hid behind the couches in the lounge room and peered through the crevices between the furniture, intently watching and listening.
 

“We should do this more often,” a female voice cooed. She was standing on the steps of the staircase, merely dressed in her undergarments as she traced her fingers down her partner’s chest.
 

“Sure can do babe. I’m going to grab a beer, do you want one?”
 

“No but hurry back alright?” she answered.
 

Maybe this isn’t a good idea. I could come back tomorrow; I don’t have school for another two days anyway. You were going to exit the scene through the front door as the distance was shorter, when a shrill scream stopped you dead in your tracks.  
 

“Holy sh*t!” the guy screamed, watching a masked man plunge his knife into the centre of his girlfriend’s chest. He hovered over her lifeless body, her eyes staring back in its pure white form and her body limp in his arms.
 

Kris gripped on the howling man and slammed him into the wall. Raising the guy’s hands above his head and clasping it with one hand, he raised his knife in the other and prepared for the killing of his next specimen.
 

“Run kid!” he screamed as his eyes darted into yours, worry and concern registered on his face.
 

Kris looked from the corner of his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows before returning to the guy before him. You watched as he mercilessly stabbed the guy as he kicked and swore beneath him, before he no longer had any strength to protest. Kris let the body drop to the floor and kicked him so he was beside the other victim.
 

He diverted his attention towards you and he immediately softened. You beckoned him to come forward; a smile spreading across your face as he complied, the clomping of his boots becoming louder and louder as he neared.
 

You tip-toed to whisper something in his ear, and he responsively knelt down to make matters easier.
 

Close your eyes.”

 

 

 

Hello my beautiful readers, old and new!

This chapter is indeed poorly written but I hope you enjoy it nevertheless. Anticipate what is to come! Be sure to comment, share and SUBSCRIBE for further updates! [I'm officially a senior now hoho] [Which sadly means I will be much more busy]