3 - How Mai Outwits Block B Crew

Party On Board

While all of this was going on, Kyung had finally cornered the chicken in a large, abandoned part of the building. He threw some rice at it to keep it busy. The chicken cooed and clucked uncertainly as it pecked at the little grains.

"That's right, princess, you just stay there now ..." Kyung said slowly, sharpening the wicked kitchen knife he had on a rock. He his lips expectantly. "I'm sure you'll taste GREAT ..."

The chicken stared at him some more. Perhaps through its little chicken brain, it understand that Kyung was trying to eat it. If it did know, however, it made no moves. Supposedly it chose rice over certain death.

When Kyung was certain the knife was sharpened enough, he slowly stood up, grabbing the frying pan. "Alright, little lady, you're going to make a man veeery happy tonight~" He took a step towards the chicken.

I'll just hit you with the pan first so you're dazed, then you won't feel a thing ... he thought sweetly.

Suddenly, he heard the sound of footsteps. Kyung looked up and saw P.O, Taeil, Zico, and B-Bomb bursting out from the door.

"Holy man they're right on our trail!!!" Zico babbled at top speed. He saw his best friend and paused enough to say, "Oh, hey, man." before running away, a suitcase in hand.

"What the --" Before he could say anything else, P.O shoved another identical-looking suitcase into his arms. "Keep this safe, hyung!" He said urgently, before running off after them.

Almost the second they were gone, four men with guns and yelling angrily in Vietnamese came running after. Kyung deftly slid the suitcase behind his back and watched them leave.

"Okay, now that the distractions are gone ..." He turned around cheerfully, frying pan still in hand. "Where are you, my sweet sugar plum?"

Unfortunately, all the noise had frightened Miss Chicken. She began to squawk and run this way and that.

"No -- no! NO!!! Princess, don't be scared!" Kyung immediately dropped the suitcase and began chasing after the chicken. He waved the frying pan around for a bit, but that did nothing. The chicken rounded a corner and went out of sight, Kyung going after it without a single other thought for the world.

At that moment, Mai burst in, breathing heavily and thoroughly pissed off.

That bastard! Nobody steals MY steal! I'll get him for that!

She turned and saw the suitcase just there on the ground. She smirked. "Did he seriously just drop it? What a loser."

She walked over to it and quickly grabbed it. Undoing the latch, she opened up the case and her face fell.

"Money? Damn ... not a bad haul, but you know what they say, diamonds are a girl's best friend ..."

Sighing, she closed the suitcase, picked it up, and walked away without a care in the world. "Now, where could white-eyes be with those jewels?"


Zico quickly separated from the others and ran off with the suitcase. He dashed into the nearest bar he could find, and just by luck, ran into Block B's very own Jaehyo, who was in a make-out session with a pretty Vietnamese girl wearing a revealing, short red dress.

"YAH!!!" He yelled, grabbing Jaehyo's shoulder and pulling him away.

"Hey, what the hell, man?" Jaehyo whined. "If you haven't noticed, I was kinda busy!"

"We got bigger problems, now let's split!" Zico said. shoving the suitcase into his hands. "We'll leave without you, you know. Meet up with U-Kwon at the Flag and get back to the ship pronto. Oh, by the way ..." He clapped his hands knowingly. "You did good, hyung."

He winked at the girl before running out the back exit. Jaehyo turned to the girl and gave her a charming smile.

"I'll see you someday, baby~" he cooed before running after Zico.

The girl giggled and waved goodbye at the two charming pirates.

Mai walked in just as the back exit door slammed shut. She saw the girl and walked over. "Hey, Yen Ly! Did you see some weird guys walk in? A guy with white eyes and dreadlocks, wearing weird clothing, around my age?"

Yen Ly nodded with a smile. "Yup! They just went that way." She pointed.

"Thanks." Mai said, before going the way Yen Ly showed her. "Oh, wait, before I go ..."

She opened the suitcase, peering left and right in case anyone was watching. "Can you send this to my place? I need the suitcase, but keep the money in your bag."

Yen Ly shrugged. "Sure, why not? That hot boy left with his friend anyways." She pulled out a large purse and quickly dumped all the money inside. "This is the least I can do for you. I still haven't forgotten that time when you saved me from those drunks two weeks ago."

Mai shook her head with a grin. "Are you kidding? I was just warming up my legs, that had nothing to do with it! Anyway, thanks! I'm trusting you!" She grabbed the empty suitcase and disappeared.

Yen Ly laughed a little bit at the cheerful girl. "Well, a promise is a promise, better get these to her house safely ..." With that, she stood up and hoisted the purse over her shoulder, exiting the bar.


Mai returned to the site where she found the suitcase, hoping that whichever idiot she stole it from would still be there.

And ... there he was. That weird boy with the blinding white teeth and messy red hair, who managed to look completely idiotic and kind of cute while chasing a chicken around with a frying pan.

Mai shook her head. What was with all these good-looking foreign boys today? She was no giggling, swooning schoolgirl, like the kinds she saw in the GOOD parts of Vietnam, but she was nineteen, and it was hard to find any decent-looking young man in THIS part of Vietnam.

She gently dropped the empty suitcase onto the ground and started to walk away. As the chicken came near her, she stuck her foot out and the chicken fell over it. It squawked pitifully and fell to the ground, looking a bit dazed.

"W-whoa!" Kyung stopped and stared at her in shock and admiration. "Lady! You just tripped a chicken!!!!"

Mai smirked at him. "Good to know. Don't you have anything better to do than go running after fowl?"

"Huh? Oh -- right!" Kyung's eyes landed on the suitcase. "Damn! I hope Zico won't be too mad ..." he grabbed the suitcase and ran off, completely forgetting about the chicken he's just spent at least an hour running after. At the last moment, he turned around and bowed deeply to Mai, giving her a big cheesy smile when she stared at him in confusion.

"Farewell, mysterious beautiful lady!" He said dramatically, before running off again.

Mai scowled, feeling her cheeks turn warm. "W-what the hell? Appearing out of nowhere and calling me that? What a weirdo ..."

She shook herself a little to get her head back in the game. "Alright, if he's really with those other Korean weirdoes, then all I have to do is follow him ..." With an evil grin, she sneakily ran after Kyung at a distance. It was easy to keep track of him, especially with that bright red hair. 


U-Kwon was waiting at the Flag for a long time before the old geezer met up with him.

Block B always called their secret meeting points the Flag, simply because they marked the meeting points with their very own flag. U-Kwon failed to see how this made it 'secret', but he never objected to his leader's crazy ideas.

The old geezer arrived, tiny and stooped and missing nearly all of his teeth. But in his youth, he was known as one of the greatest weapon makers in all of Asia. Even now, nearly eighty years old and bringing on his sons and grandsons as apprentices, he was still capable of producing weapons of mass awesomeness.

U-Kwon made sure he had his 'game face' on, which consisted of him NOT freaking out and squealing like a fanboy when Old Geezer showed him the newly-made guns, just for Block B. He paid the Old Geezer, and the old man made his slow way out of the building roof.

Once he was certain Old Geezer was gone, U-Kwon nearly spazzed with glee as he opened up the case and stared at the brand-new guns inside.

"Ohh yeah, baby, come to oppa!" He said greedily as he held one up. He practiced a few poses until he was satisfied. "Aw yeah, now B-Bomb won't be the coolest anymore! I'll be the coolest one of Block B! Mwahahaha!"

Kyung and Jaehyo appeared brushing through the tangled webs of ivy, each with an identical-looking suitcase in hand. "Are those the guns?" Jaehyo asked curiously.

"Yup, and they're MINE," U-Kwon grinned triumphantly. "Well, now we have the stuff, let's go and -- MOVE!!!"

Two men appeared, dressed in dark suits. One man held up a gun and pointed it at U-Kwon. Luckily, U-Kwon's reflexes were just as fast, and his own gun went up into his face.

They all froze.

"Now, gentlemen, let's be reasonable here," the one man without a gun said, his face expressionless.

Jaehyo snorted and said in Vietnamese back to him, "Old man, we have a gun and outnumber you three to two. We're also pirates who don't give a about the law. I don't think there's any reason for us to be reasonable."

The man scowled darkly. "You should learn to watch your mouth, boy. We work for Tuan, and if you know any better, you'd cough up the diamonds right now and run back home to your mommies."

Jaehyo didn't look bothered by the insults. "Block B crew doesn't fear ANY man. You can go tell your boss that we won't consider him a threat unless he gets off his old, weak and challenges us head-to-head."

U-Kwon's finger was still rigid over the trigger, but he allowed himself a few seconds to roll his eyes. Nice going with the bravado, Jaehyo hyung. If Tuan really DOES go against us, it won't be three to two. We'd be outnumbered seven to six hundred. We honestly don't stand a chance against the Vietnamese mafia ... no matter HOW awesome and cool I am.

Kyung looked around. "Wait, what? What did you say to him?"

U-Kwon ignored his question and jerked his head to the side, where there was another exit, an abandoned old stairway, just visible through the leaves. "Get going, I'll catch up."

Jaehyo nodded. "C'mon, Kyung!" The two ran off, leaving U-Kwon alone.

There was a long, tense silence where the three of them just stood there staring at each other. Then U-Kwon smirked and pulled the trigger.

Click.

There weren't any bullets in it.

U-Kwon's eyes widened. "Ah, --"

Before he could even say 'One Piece', the two men pounced on him and began to effectively beat the living out of him.


Mai was hiding in the shadows of the stairway the entire time, watching with amusement. She had to admit, the handsome, tall one with the messy hair had guts to say that to Tuan's men. Or maybe he was just stupid.

When Jaehyo and Kyung ran off, they went right by her without even noticing she was there. They were definitely foreigners, that's for sure. In Vietnam, where the old streets of the corrupt and evil were slowly becoming one with nature, it wasn't very smart to not pay attention to your surroundings. Any bush or leaf could hide something.

With a smirk, she casually brought up a hand and slapped the suitcase out of Jaehyo's grip as he ran by her.

"Agh! !" Jaehyo made a mad grab for the suitcase, but it went tumbling off the railing of the stairs and fell into the darkness below. He looked around wildly, suspicious, but Mai had already melted into the darkness of the abandoned old buildings, hiding behind the pillars and old vines belonging to creepers that had snuck into the architecture.

"Aw, crap! Zico's gonna kill me!"

"Don't worry about it, hyung!" Kyung said cheerfully. "It looks like it landed at the lowest floor anyway. Just pick it up again when we get down there!"

Mai fought back a snicker at their simple-mindedness. Were they really pirates?

As Kyung and Jaehyo began their super-dash down the seven floors of stairs, Mai simply pushed away a curtain of vines which revealed a shortcut.

Within a few seconds, she was already at the landing. The suitcase lay there right in front of her, as innocent as a newborn baby.

"Welcome back," she cooed at the two diamonds, tucking them into her jacket and running off.

Now she had both the money AND the diamonds. And she's finally gotten one over Tuan, too!

As she neared her home, a little flat of her own in the old, lopsided building owned by Miss Chau, her thoughts rambled on to her curiosity for those strange, attractive Korean boys she kept on running into.

I do kinda feel bad for them ... She thought, before an evil grin spread over her face. Pfft! Yeah, right! In the world of thievery, you snooze, you lose!

Then, with all thoughts of the boys driven out of her head as she was certain she'd never ever see them again, Mai rejoiced over her victory and went through a list of possible illegal exchange businesses to secretly trade the diamonds for cash.

The list was pretty long.


All seven of the Block B pirate crew members met up at a quiet, empty place near a pool.

"Whoa ... are you alright, buddy?" P.O stared at U-Kwon, who was bruised and battered. He swiped at his bleeding lip, looking embarrassed and pissed off (he still kept the gun, though). "Do I LOOK alright? I had my handed over to those bastards ..."

"Hey, you guys still got it?" Zico demanded to Jaehyo and Kyung, ignoring U-Kwon's misery entirely.

"Yeah, man, right here!" Jaehyo said with a self-satisfied grin. Zico grabbed the suitcase from him, a look of ecstasy on his face, and opened the latch.

His face fell, and he dropped the suitcase.

Taeil yelped and jumped forward, worried the diamonds might fall out and shatter. Then he stopped and stared as well, his half-eaten lollipop falling out of his mouth.

"... It's empty."

"W-WHAT?" Jaehyo yelped. Everyone else crowded around to look at the empty suitcase in horror. U-Kwon was so shocked he dropped the gun. "But ... how can that be? I've had my eyes on it the entire time!!!"

Zico glared at him, his eyes burning like fire and as cold as ice itself. "Did you really, hyung?" He hissed. "Did you?"

Jaehyo turned pale and gulped, looking the exact opposite of the dashingly handsome and over-confident man he was in the bar with Yen Ly. When Zico was this angry, it was best to run away and hide. As far away as possible and for a long, long time. "N-no ... I s-suppose not ..."

B-Bomb turned to Kyung. "What about the money?" He asked quietly. He knew that if they still had the money they won, it MIGHT make Zico feel better ... or at least, stop him from strangling Jaehyo to death.

"Yup, don't worry, I'm MUCH smarter than Jaehyo!" Kyung said proudly, opening the suitcase. His smile slipped off his face and he gulped, looking nervous. "Er, m-maybe I spoke a little too soon."

B-Bomb stared at the empty suitcase, his face stony and hard as usual. Only a slight twitch of his eyebrow betrayed any hint of irritation.

However, it wasn't B-Bomb Kyung was scared about (although B-Bomb might plant cucumbers in his bed later). Kyung turned nervously to P.O. "Er ... P.O, you're not mad, are you? I'm sorry P.O ..."

P.O just sighed, looking dismal. "That was hard-earned cheating money," he complained. Kyung sighed out loud in relief. Having the cute but tall maknae angry at you was something you DEFINITELY did not want happening.

Zico finally blew his stack. "YOU S!!!" He yelled, grabbing the gun U-Kwon had dropped. "YOU'RE ALL GONNA DIE TONIGHT!!!"

"GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!" The pirates all shrieked and ran for cover, Zico chasing after them and waving the gun around furiously.

It was only AFTER Zico chased them around Vietnam for almost two hours did U-Kwon remember the gun didn't have any bullets inside.