The girl without a personality

This Girl Isn't Shy, She's Spectacular

Narrator's POV

The first three years of high school at the all-girls Busan High had made it easy for Lee Hyun Ah to be perfect. The classes were interesting enough, but the best part was that there was absolutely nothing there to distract Hyun Ah from her perfect grades, her perfect behaviour, and her perfect attendance record. That is, until a girl named Choi Ji Eun showed up and made Hyun Ah feel like there was so much she was missing by trying to be "perfect". So, when Hyun Ah had received this rejection letter . . . where her idol told her that her story lacked of passion and that she should try writing from experience, she didn't lose hope. She would get into the program, and she would stop trying to be perfect - it didn't serve her nearly as well as she had hoped it would ...  

*knockknock*

" Can I come in ? " Hyun Ah's mother peeked her head in around the door.

" Absolutely, " Hyun Ah said, turning around in her chair as her mother walked into her room. Hyun Ah's mother was beautiful; she had red hair like Hyun Ah, but her mother's was a darker shade and she didn't suffer from freckles the way Hyun Ah did. She was elegant and nice and everyone who met her - from the guy at the grocery store on the corner of their block to the nurse at the doctor's office - thought that Hyun Ah's mother is charming.

" It never bothered me before, because I spent most of my time at school, " Hyun Ah said

" Well, now that you're home again " - Hyun Ah's mother shot her a briliant smile - " we should really do something about this. "

" I'm only home for a few months, " Hyun Ah said, turning back around in her chair. It was like her mother refused to believe that she was attending college. She looked up at the rejection letter above her desk and sighed.

" Hyun Ah, " her mother said, walking behind her, her eyes fixed on the rejection letter. " I know you're really disappointed. "

" No, itt's fine. "

" Hyun Ah, you've been talking about this school for years. You've been talking about Kim Jook Gun since you were little. "

" Well that's fine, " Hyun Ah said, not knowing what to say. She felt like crying. She was overwhelemd by the idea that she had tried as hard as she could and it wasn't good enough.

" Everyone makes mistakes, " Hyun Ah's mother said.

" I didn't make a mistake, Mom. I want to go there. I want to write. "

" I mean him, Sweetheart. "

" Oh, " Hyun Ah said.

" So you still want to go, you still want to reapply? " Hyun Ah's mother sounded both happy and sad.

" Yes, I'm going to write a new sample and see if they won't reconsider. If that doesn't work . . . "

Hyun Ah didn't want to say it. but she knew what it meant. Going somewhere else for at least a semester and then reapplying with no assurances that she would ever get in. Hyun Ah's mother leaned over and gave Hyun Ah a kiss on the forehead and left her alone with her thoughts.

Hyun Ah pulled out the " Things i have not done " list and added : 

  • I never get into the writing program at SM College. 

​This year was the year that Hyun Ah would do everything she hadn't gotten around to in the past three years of being Miss Perfect. This year was the year that Hyun Ah would figure out who she was. And then get everything she wanted.

CrispySotong's corner ; 

Sorry if it's super short .. rookie writer in the website >.< Currently looking for a poster & character chart. Suscribeeeee, commenttt please :') Every suscribers and commenters(?) are precious to me .. Wait up for another update (:

With lots of cookies&creams ;

CrispySotong(: