Final

An Alternate Reality

Song used for this songfic - Alternate Reality by J.R.A


Your POV:

Shoulda coulda woulda
that's the theme of this story

cause I could swear in another time you were made for me

 

Is it bad to fall in love so easily? I still remember when we first met. It’s funny how we met through Skype. Chunhei introduced us when she asked for our opinion on her moving to the USA to further her studies on psychology. The both of us clicked instantly after having agreed that she should just go and chase after her dreams. We continued to talk up until the early mornings and eventually got closer.  I swear, whenever we talked, I thought that you were meant to me. You knew me so well.

In a short amount of time
laughs & smiles were exchanged
after this certain situation
never felt quite the same
cause we know we just can't be baby

When we officially met at Chunhei’s reunion for a short break of hers before she went back to the US, I didn’t recognize you at first. The only image I got of you was through Chunhei’s Facebook. I saw you talking to a few close friends of mine and I wasn't sure that you were well, you. It was confirmed when you suddenly did the promise we made if we ever met. If one of us spotted spotted each other first, we were to use the pick-up line "How much does a polar bear weigh?". When you said that, you didn't know how happy I was to know you cared enough to keep that silly promise. After you did that, through the reunion, we were stuck to each other like glue for sometime. We exchanged laughs, smiles, and cheesy lines. I thought that, that night was all a fantasy. I thought that maybe… Just maybe, there could be a chance that there would be us. I kept telling myself that it was just a minor crush or that I was just infatuated with you. You fit my ideal type so well, yet why did it hurt so much when reality hit me in the face? The both of us went to different universities on different parts of town, you had your own friends and I had mine. When I realized that, it decreased my carefree attitude throughout the party and everything just didn’t feel the same anymore. I slowly lost hope.

But, maybe an alternate reality
where it's just you and me
I'm talking where you and I
make each other complete

I’m just fooling myself. Thinking about how we can be together. In some ways we do complete each other and whenever we had a conversation; it seemed that the world around us disappeared. It was just you and I. Whether it’d be getting into deep debates about dancing, teasing each other, or even talking about our old school life it was just us two. In reality, it was obvious that your feelings were towards another girl. A close friend of mine to be exact. I find it ironic how all the guys that I like always go to her. I admit, I’m jealous. But I can’t deny that there were sparks between the both of us when we bonded throughout the reunion.

See baby I know
You got your life & I got mine
It's just the timing ain't right
and so the story goes
of a love that could've last
but we never could try

You’ve got your life and I’ve got mine. What can we do? I can’t stop you from chasing after her. After all, throughout the time we went to school together, I was always in her shadow. Our peers would always choose her over me. Even if I didn’t show it, the scars are still healing themselves. I felt as if we all had a close bond, but I didn’t expect much because I wasn’t stupid. I knew what their feelings were towards me. I wonder what would happen if I met you before her? What if… we developed our friendship and had those sparks before she came into the picture. How would our love story turn out? As life goes on, maybe my feelings for you are just infatuation. Even if we do complement each other immensely, it just couldn’t work. If a miracle happened and we were to get together it just wouldn’t work out. The distance is one obstacle, our schedules, family, limitations, etc. Our timing just wasn’t right and never should we try.

Maybe we’ll find a place & time
where everything’s as it should be
Where all of our hopes & dreams don’t exist
because it’s reality
but for now
I’ll leave it in my mind
and I’ll be living through these thoughts

 

In an alternate reality, maybe we’ll find a place and time. A place where everything is where it should be… Just me and you in our own world where are feelings are evident and mutual. Our hopes and dreams of what it could be would be dissolved because it had become a reality. But for now, I’ll just keep my feelings to myself and leave all the happy memories in my mind where I can reminisce the happy times we’ve had. It’s pretty stupid how my feelings for you had grown so much after just one night. But what can I do? The heart wants what the heart wants.