Four

Delirium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The misunderstanding was easy to laugh at now that the two boys were sitting at the kitchen table. Hyukjae had kept his promise to Sungmin and went to the local drugstore to pick up the medicine for Yesung, and let himself in with the spare key left in the mailbox when no answer was heard to his knocks. 

Yesung was kicking himself over and over that he had completely forgotten about this promise made earlier. It was delirium from the fever, and the adrenaline from waking up in the fashion that he did. Living alone in the city makes one paranoid.   'Better paranoid than dead,' Yesung would always quip.   "...So I got you that instead, I hope that's okay. Sungmin gave me a list and the money, but I added a couple of things I thought might help, too," concluded the boy with deep brown hair. Despite being jumped/attacked in his friend's kitchen in the middle of the night, and being exhausted from previously working a full-day's shift at his job, he was happy to do the kind gesture for Yesung. They had been good friends after all, so why not?   "I really, really appreciate you going out of your way like that, Hyukjae. Really. I know you had a long day before all this. I'll pay you back for it when I'm better," Yesung promised. Hyukjae smiled a big, gummy smile and made a hand gesture to forget about the favor.   "No sweat, really. But how about I make us something to eat? Would that be okay? I didn't get a chance to grab anything at the end of my shift,"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter