He Tasted Like Coffee, Only Better

He Tasted Like Coffee, Only Better

Minho POV

 

“Taemin…” I breathed, unable to keep my eyes off the beautiful boy sitting in front of me. “Taemin, watch out.”

Taemin only smiled, teasingly swiping his tongue across before once again putting his lips around it.

“Taemin, I’m serious,” I said more forcefully, grabbing his wrist to stop him. If he kept going… it could be bad for him. I didn’t know if he could handle it. Such a small, delicate mouth…

“It’s okay, hyung,” Taemin assured me, refusing to move away. “I’ll be fine.” With a long, intense look into my eyes, he whispered, “Just let go.”

Without another word, he quickly took it into his mouth.

“Taemin!” I cried.

And that was it. It was all over that quickly.

Taemin swallowed slowly and pulled away. As he stared up at me, he slowly slid his tongue across his lips, off the white liquid that didn’t find its way down his throat.

I was dazed, the leisurely movement of his tongue and the look in his eyes hypnotizing me.

“See, hyung?” Taemin said with a deceivingly innocent smile. “I told you I’d be fine.”

“Taemin, you shouldn’t have-“

“I wanted to,” Taemin interrupted. “Besides, I already knew it was cool enough to drink.”

“But they just made that,” I said. “You could’ve burned your mouth.” When Taemin only smiled at my concern, I sighed and sat down across from him at the table, reluctantly releasing my hold on his wrist. “You don’t listen very well.”

He only shrugged and set down his cappuccino. I looked into the steaming mug, unable to see the coffee through the thick, white milk foam. The foam Taemin off his lips earlier.

I couldn’t wait for him to take another drink. Maybe he’d get more foam on his lips…

I smiled at the thought. Leaning back in my chair, I glanced around the coffee shop. It was simple—only a couple paintings on the walls, a few little tables with only two or three chairs each, and, of course, coffee-making equipment behind the high counter. There was also a glass case that displayed some cupcakes decorated like animals.

However good they looked, I soon found myself staring at Taemin again. He gazed out the large window beside us, most likely watching the butterflies that were gathered around the flowers outside. The yellow sunlight streamed in through the window, causing his skin to glow beautifully and his long hair to shine. His loose shirt’s collar teasingly slipped down to expose his collarbone and part of his smooth chest. He rested his chin in his hand, turning his head in such a way that his jawline and long, graceful neck were perfectly on display. What caught my attention most, however, was his eyes. The usually dark eyes were now a warm honey color, seeming to shine brighter than the sunlight they absorbed.

It felt like a dream as I sat there, warm in the sun and drinking in his beauty, trying to commit every last detail in this perfect moment to memory. His skin looked so soft. His lips so plush. Every inch of him so touchable.

Having a sudden impulse, I stood. As I walked around the table, Taemin turned to face me. I took his hands and pulled him up.

“Hyung? What are you-“

“Shh,” I hushed him, gently running my fingers along his cheek and admiring the way it turned a beautiful shade of pink at my touch. I slowly wrapped my arms around him, pressing my lips to his in a tender kiss.

He tasted like coffee, only better.

After a few blissful moments, I pulled back, looking into his unfocused eyes. He slid his hands up my torso, resting them against my chest.

“Hyung?” he whispered.

“Hm?” I hummed resting my forehead against his.

“What was that for?”

“I really wanted to touch you,” I answered honestly.

“Oh…”

I smiled as he blushed and stared at the ground.

“Minnie,” I said softly. He looked up at me. “I love you.”

He smiled his beautiful smile. “I love you too.”

I kissed him again. I was sure I’d never tire of having him in my arms.

“YAH!”

We stopped kissing to see Onew, Key, and Jonghyun walk through the door. Well, two of them walked. The other stomped.

“This is a public place! Get your hands off him!” Key yelled.

“Let go of him?” I asked.

Yes, let go of him! NOW!”

I paused for a moment, looking at Key, who was incredibly angry, then at Taemin, whose face was flushed and eyes were wide in a way I found irresistibly adorable.

It was an easy choice.

I shook my head. “I don’t want to.”

When Taemin turned to me, shocked at my response, I smiled and kissed him again.

“CHOI MINHO, YOU’RE DEAD!!!”

I pecked Taemin’s lips one last time, then ran out the door, Key close behind. “Love you, Minnie!” I shouted over my shoulder.

“Minho-hyung!” Taemin cried, racing after us.

Jonghyun followed, shouting, “Yah, Kibum, wait up!”

Now only Onew was left in the coffee shop.

“ ‘Love you, Minnie’,” he mused. “At least we know what to write on his gravestone.”

Laughing at his own joke, he wondered if he should go stop Key and the others. But when his eyes fell on the glass case full of animal cupcakes, the thought flew from his mind.

“CHICKEN CUPCAKE!”

 

A/N: Haha, this was surprisingly difficult for me to write :P It's really a pretty meaningless, fluffy story, but I like it.

In case any of you were wondering, yes, if you had voted popsicle, it would've been a popsicle-centered one-shot. But I may end up writing that, anyway :P

I hope you guys liked this! I sure liked writing it :D

I have another question for you.

I'm thinking about doing a sequel to "Not So Crazy After All" in Minho's POV. Would any of you like to read that?

Leave your answer in your comment!

Please comment and let me know if you liked the story :D Thank you for reading!