Step 2

How to confess your love to Jung Jinyoung




"Do we really need to do this?" Gongchan growled. "I have a class in less than 30 minutes. I can't believe I'm wasting my time here!"


"I have a class too. But I think I'll ditch it for now. This is more important." I replied, looking around the area.


Gongchan found out (from his female classmate) that Jinyoung is a Music major. Gongchan said that we should wait for him in front of this huge building, where several music rooms are located.
We were waiting for him for almost two hours and despite of Gongchan's constant whines and grunts, I'm still planning to wait for him for some more hours.


"You'll ditch your class for this? Are you serious?" Gongchan asked incredulously. "In that case, that would be the first time in your life that you will do that."


My eyes widened in disbelief. "This will be really my first time? Oh. Wow."


"Duh." Gongchan muttered, rolling his eyes. "You're all about books, math, physics and calculator. I didn't know that the words "ditching class" or "absent" exists in your vocabulary, I was surprise. Really."


My lips pulled into a pout. Yes. I'm the kind of student who always attend my classes and make sure to pass my homework or project on time, and, uh, I never ditched my class before, well, this is my first time, and uhh. well, Gongchan wasn't wrong at all.


"Haist!" Gongchan exclaimed after a few seconds, "I guess we wouldn't see him anymore. I'll go now!"


He started walking away but I grabbed his arm to make him stop. "Can you just wait with me for few more minutes? I'm sure he will come out soon."


"But I have a class!" he flailed his arms around. "And we have been waiting here for two hours now! I need to go! Okay?"


"But you said you're going to help me?"


"I guess I have done everything to help you. I brought you here and stand here with you for two hours now. Isn't that enough?"


"But Gongchan!" I whined.


A loud grunt escaped from his lips. "You know what? I can't believe that I'm doing this! I think I already done my part so let me ho, okay?." He stood straighter and stretched his long arm lightly. "It's up to you if you still want to wait for him or not."


"But Gongchan. I can't confess to him if you're not---"


"I told you that this is not the right time to confess your what-so-called "love" to him." He said, patting my shoulder. "Try to befriend him first."


"That's a waste of time! I want to talk to him and ask him out a--- hey, is that him?" I stopped in mid sentence when I saw a familiar guy coming out of the building.


I pointed my finger to a tall red-haired guy who was taking a few strides away from the building while balancing his guitar in his back and books on his arm.


"Yeah. That's him." Gongchan nodded in approval.


My heart skipped a bit for a minute and all the things that I planned beforehand had vanished in a jiffy.


The original plan is to introduce myself and ask him out. But my mind suddenly went blank the moment I saw him.


"Hey. Hey!" I heard Gongchan half-shouted in my left ear. "Approach him now."


"W-what?"


"You waited for him right? Now he's here. Go, talk to him. But don't confess yet. Just try to talk to him like you're friends and...."


I'm sure that Gongchan said more things after that but I couldn't hear it anymore because my whole attention focus solely on the perfect guy who was getting far from us as minutes goes by.


The next thing I knew, Gongchan pushed me and mumbled something like: "Go now and talk to him before he gets too far." and then I found myself walking absent-mindedly towards to that guy.


I gulped down when I was already 5 feet away from him.


This is it. This is my chance. I need to talk to him now.  I said to myself, trying to cheer myself up.


And without thinking, I cleared my throat nervously and called him. "Uhh...e-e-e-excuse m-me..." my voice raised a little than unnecessary and I sounded like a horrible dying cat.


Oh Crap! If I wasn't near him, I would slap my face until it gets red and---


"um. hi?" a beautiful voice, that I was longing to hear, broke me from thoughts.


When I looked up, Jinyoung (Did I already say that he has a very beautiful name?) was looking at me directly in my eyes, a little smile tugging on the corners of his lips.


His eyes lit up in recognition when he saw my face clearly."Oh. You're the girl from the bookstore right?"


My entire body seemed to be frozen in place. H-he can still remember me!


"Are you studying here?" he asked again, grinning widely.


"U-uh. N-no. I-I just, w-well..." I burbled, too dazed to form coherent words.


"Oh. That's your co-worker right?" He was pertaining to Gongchan, who was quite far from us.


"Y-yeah. H-he's studying h-here."


"Hm. So you're visiting him?"


"Y-yeah." I stammered.


Silence fell between us. I can't rummage my mind for any decent words to say. Crap! This is my chance! I wouldn't let everything to be messed up.


I guess, I need Gongchan's help again.


So I looked back at my friend, who was just observing us and shot him a desperate look.


Please Gongchan, I need your help.


It seemed that Gongchan  read my mind as he quickly approached us at a jog.


"Hey." he greeted Jinyoung.


I let out a sigh of relief. I should thank Gongchan for saving me. Again.


Gongchan introduced himself formally to Jinyoung and to my surprise, the latter iniated quickly a casual conversation with the former.


Fumbling with the strap of my backpack, I can't help but to feel nervous...and quite envious that my blonde co-worker can talk to him casually. I was also beginning to think that they forgot about me until Gongchan elbowed me in the side.


When I gazed up at him, he wiggled his thick eyebrows at Jinyoung's direction and mouthed: "Introduce yourself." for three times.


Oh. I forgot to tell him my name. Craaap. What am I thinking? I can't ask him out if he doesn't even know my name!


I cleared my throat again, trying to gain Jinyoung's attention. He flashed a toothy smile at my direction and just like that, I forgot what I was thinking that moment. Again.


"Hey... I said, introduce yourself...don't just stand there.." I heard Gongchan whispered to my ear.


"Huh... Um, uh." a deep breath, I extended my hand shakily for a handshake, ready to introduce myself---- when a new high-pitched voice suddenly cut in.


"Hey Jinnie!" our attention was quickly diverted to a petite girl who suddenly appeared at Jinyoung's side out from nowhere.


"Our next class will start soon! Let's go!" the petite girl beamed happily.


My eyebrows pulled together in irritation. Who's that girl? Must be Jinyoung's classmate. Tsk. Can't she see that we're talking here? And cutting off our conversation was really rude.


"Oh. I'm sorry. Did I interrupt something here?" The annoying petite girl asked innocently, eyeing Gongchan and me in a bit uncomfortable way.


"Obviously." I replied quite loudly, earning a poke on my side from Gongchan.


I almost shouted in pain but I quickly calmed myself and shot my co-worker a glare.


Aish. Scratch that. This guy doesn't deserve my thanks! I'm going to make him pay for this later!


"Uh." Jinyoung began awkwardly. "It's okay, we're just chatting anyway." he turned around to look at me. "um, by the way, I think you have something to say?"


"uh. Um. Y-yeah." giving Gongchan a sideways glance, I shakily stretched my hand again and introduced myself in a normal way as possible.


He shook my hand with a smile and oh my god--- his hand was so soft, so perfect, that I just want to hold it forever and---


"I'm Jung Jinyoung."


"I know. And you have a very beautiful name." I blurted out.


I felt my cheeks go pink when I realized what I just said. Urg. That was very stupid and obvious thing to say moron! I reprimanded myself. "I mean uhh..." I tried to say something but Gongchan nudged me with his elbow and whispered,  "What are you doing? A handshake shouldn't last for a minute, blockhead..."

I quickly released Jinyoung's (perfect) hand when I realized that I was holding it for too long (and it was obvious that I don't want to release it anymore) and quickly bowed my head to apologize "I'm sorry! I just, uhhh..."


Jinyoung let out a chuckle and his oh-so-perfect smile flashed again. "No need to apologize. People always say that my name is really unique and beautiful. I'm really used to it." he winked at me playfully and I swear, I almost drop dead on my spot that moment if Gongchan wasn't there beside me.


But my joyous mood had simply vanished when the petite girl (I almost forgot about her because I'm busy marvelling at Jinyoung's perfection) whined (with her irritating high-pitched voice) and stomped her feet like an annoying five-year old kid and it was really irritating that it took me a lot of effort not to pull her hair that moment (even I really wanted to). "Jinnie! Let's go now! We we will be late in our class!"


"Oh yes." Jinyoung replied casually. "We better get going. See you guys around~" he gave me a last look and said, "Nice to meet you~" before waving a little at us and started walking away (with that annoying rude girl)



I didn't move from my spot and I just stared at their backs because I was still thinking about his smile, his eyes, his hand and the way he winked at me.


Gosh. Everything about him seems to be perfect-- and I know. I know that nobody is perfect but he is close enough for me.


And I want to know more about him. I want to see his smile again. I want to be with him.


I really fell for him.


Gongchan, who was still beside me, poke my cheek (snapping me from my daze state) with his finger with a silly smile


His smile was really unnerving, like he was teasing me or taunting me.


"What now?"


"I thought you're going to confess now huh?" he asked, still smiling like an idiot.
 

"Oh snap!" I exclaimed, eyes widening in realization.


That's the main reason why I was here and yet I forgot to ask him out! Oh. Why did I forget something important like that?


"Don't tell me you totally forgot about it?"


"Gongchan!" Ignoring his question, I grabbed him by the shoulder and gave him a shake. "What should I do? I need to ask him now!"


He pushed me away and scowled. "Stop dragging me into this okay? I had helped you so many times! That's enough!"


"But Gongchan..." I pleaded. "You're the only one who can help me..."


"Just. ARG!" he ran a hand through his hair impatiently. "Just talk to him! Okay?"


"But I can't..." I paused then continued. "I can't talk to him anymore. He's going to---"


Gongchan didn't let me finish my sentence because he started calling Jinyoung's name, gathering not only his attention, but also the attention of the students around us.


"What do you think you're doing?" I roared in disbelief.


"Just follow him and tell him what you want to say!"


"NO! I mean. Oh my god. No." taking a few glances at Jinyoung, my eyes widened in horror when I saw him approaching us. "He-he's coming here!"


"Then good! Confess to him or whatever, just stop bugging me!"


"How dare you." I swear, I wanted to strangle him that moment.


"I thought you want me to help you?" he shot me a weird look.


"That's not the help that I want!"


"Then what?"


"uh, is there anything you guys forgot to say?" a new voice asked.


I quickly straightened up when I heard Jinyoung's voice.


"Oh, my friend wants to tell you something." Gongchan said very casually (like it was nothing) and pushed me forward and whispered. "Just go tell him."


Jinyoung momentarily stared at me in puzzlement, making me more nervous.


"Uhh..." when I looked around, I saw some female students staring at us. And that's when it occurred to me that this wasn't the right place to confess to a guy.


Gongchan said that Jinyoung was really popular in their university and confessing in front of some girls (that might have a crush on him too) is a suicide.


Gongchan! I'm going to kill him for putting me in a situation like this! His help just put me in danger! Arg.


"Hey what are you waiting for?" Gongchan hissed quietly.


"Shut up or I'm going to kill you." I threatened him in a whisper.


"uhhh..." Jinyoung muttered awkwardly, as if to tell us that he's in front of us, and he can hear our whispering.


"I-uuh..um.. I just w-want to a-ask something?" I managed to ask even though I'm shaking anxiously.


"What is it?" Jinyoung asked, curiosity apparent in his eyes.


Damnit. Do I really need to confess now? From the corner of my eyes, I saw Gongchan staring at me intently.


I'm sure he's enjoying this scene! Aish. I'm really going to kill him!


"Do, uh..d-d..." I began too nervous to think of any right words to say.


"Uh, umm. D-do um." I tried again but my mind  doesn't like to cooperate with my lips.


Seconds later, I felt my cheeks flamed up when I noticed that he's looking at me strangely.


He's probably thinking that I'm weird! A weird girl, who can't even form a simple and comprehensible sentence.


I need to say something or else I will just look like a strange girl in front of him!


So without giving myself a chance to think and to chicken out, I blurted out the words that I never thought that I could say nor even think. The words that impulsively came out of my mouth. The words that would be the reason of my sleepless nights for days,weeks, months, or even years. The unforgettable words that gave me the most embarrassing day in my life.


"D-do. Um, D-d-o d-does unicorns exists?"


And I just want to disappear forever.


I screwed up.

 

 

---

 

 

A/N:

Um. Heyyy guys, sorry for the late update? I'm writing another fic, (Baro centric one-shot) so yeah. Anyway, I'm not sure about this. TT____TT Might be lots of errors (and I'm too lazy to proofread.lol) Um, might not be a good chapter at all. So sorry if I disappointed you or something? Okay, I really feel bad right now. If there's an spelling or grammar glitches, please do tell me in a nice way :)

 

And of course, I still accept comments :D

 

And Happy Hallooween!

B1A4 in Halloween costume for you guys :D

Disclaimer: Pictures are not mine. Credit: watermark