Breaking The Ice

Yes, My Lord

 

        Yaemin opened her eyes. It was a nightmare, wasn’t it? She sighed as she knew that nothing could be undone. She was working for her ex, Park Jungmin, even though they both swore not to meet each other ever again. Suddenly, her phone rang. Yaemin checked the screen and grimaced as she saw His name.

- Yes?

- Order a breakfast for me, Yaemin-ssi. A salad with tomatoes and one glass of orange juice.

- What?! I’m not... – Jungmin hanged up. – ...your servant.

        Yeamin cursed loudly and threw her phone on bed. He’s still so tactless! Order a breakfast, pfft. Yaemin stood up and made her way to the bedside table where the hotel phone was. She pressed the numbers and called the reception. Through her clenched teeth, she managed to make an order.

- One salad with tomatoes and a glass of orange juice, yes. Bring it to a room number 1012. Oh, one moment, please – she smirked devilishly. – Add mozzarella to this salad, ok? Thank you.

         Yaemin put down the receiver and started laughing quietly. Jungmin hated mozzarella: he’d be furious seeing that cheese in his salad. “Take that, JungMin, you should have ordered it yourself” – Yaemin thought mischievously. She started dressing herself up as Jungmin’s schedule was about to begin. No sooner had she done putting make-up, than she heard knocking at her door. Thinking it would be his manager, Yaemin opened the door without asking.

- I told you to order a salad with tomatoes ONLY! You know I hate mozzarella! – Jungmin looked as if he wanted to murder her with bare hands.

- No, I don’t – Yaemin answered plainly. – I thought tomatoes taste better with mozzarella, my bad. I’m sorry, sir, I will order it once again right away.

- No need for that, Yaemin-ssi – Jungmin’s voice became cold. – Be ready, we’ll set out soon.

- I will be, sir, don’t worry – Yaemin flashed a smile and before he could add anything, she closed the door.

          Yaemin congratulated herself on making him angry so early in the morning. If Jungmin had behaved properly, she wouldn’t have had to take such steps.  After a few moments, Jungmin’s manager called and she had to leave the room. They had a photoshoot and an interview today. When she entered the lobby, Jungmin was already standing there. Yaemin had to admit that he looked even better than before. His dark clothes emphasized his tall and slim figure, and sunglasses contrasted with his pale complexion. Yaemin cleared to give him a sign of her presence. Jungmin didn’t even bother to turn around. “He’s still annoyed about this breakfast” – Yaemin thought, smiling to herself.

- Have you eaten, sir? I was worried that you’d attend the schedule with an empty stomach... – Yaemin put an apologetic face.

- Don’t try so hard to piss me off, Yaemin-ssi – Jungmin hissed; a nerve on his temple throbbed wildly. – You’re doing just fine.

- Oh, the pleasure is mine. Actually...

- Jungmin-ssi, Yaemin-ssi, come on! – they both turned their heads to see Jungmin’s manager, mr Choi. – We need to go!

             Without finishing her sentence, Yaemin confidently made her way into a van which was standing outside the building. Jungmin swallowed saliva to give himself some time to calm down. “This witch is playing with me. With me, great Jungmin. She’ll regret it sooner or later!” – Jungmin contorted his lips and went after Yaemin. They got into the studio in complete silence. Even mr Choi sensed something was wrong between those two, but didn’t want to interfere. The trip was for 2 weeks only so everyone was going to survive, whether they liked each other or not.

             Without saying a word, Jungmin headed to a make-up room as the photoshoot was before the interview. Yaemin looked around curiously. It was her first seeing such a professional studio. She exchanged a few words with the staff and then took her place in the right corner of the room. Just as she sat down, Jungmin left the make-up room. He changed completely. He looked more like a... demon with the eyeliner and black, long coat. “So this is his concept, huh... Well, it suits him” – Yaemin thought. To be honest, she couldn’t look away when the staff started taking his photos. Jungmin seemed so natural and at ease in front of the cameras as if he had been doing it his entire life. Yaemin was so immersed in that photoshoot that she didn’t notice when it ended and how much time it actually took. When she looked at her watch, it turned out that taking photos lasted 5 hours. The staff had already prepared the place for the interview. Jungmin sat down on the couch, Yaemin took place beside him. Soon they were joined by the interviewer: a young woman with truly beautiful black long hair.

- My name’s Lee Sarah and I am the host of the programme “Korea Today” on MTV – she smiled sweetly at Jungmin. – I hope you’ve enjoyed the photoshoot, mr Park.

             Jungmin stared at her blankly hearing English and then hesitantly looked at Yaemin. She stifled a laugh seeing his lost expression. Yaemin took a deep breath and translated Sarah’s words. When she finished, Jungmin sighed with relief and answered:

- Yes, everything worked out just fine. I like this concept a lot as I can identify myself with it.

- Oh, please, mr Park I don’t believe you like such dark themes personally – Yaemin contorted a bit hearing her flirty laugh.

- Actually, I do. The life of an idol isn’t a bed of roses, you know. You need to work very hard to achieve something. I had to give up on many important things to be here – Jungmin’s eyes have become empty all of a sudden. – There is no such a thing as luck in this business.

              Yaemin blinked a few times upon hearing those words. It was rare seeing him like that. Jungmin cleared his throat and gave her a disoriented look. She blushed a little and translated his utterance into English. The interview went quite well, except for all the flirty looks and laughs the interviewer gave to Jungmin. Yaemin caught herself rolling her eyes as she saw Jungmin responding to this obvious seducing. When the interview ended, Sarah gave Jungmin her number, not even trying to be discrete with it. However, as Sarah walked away, Jungmin shrugged his shoulders and threw away her business card.

- Oy, Yaemin-ssi! – Jungmin called his translator out of the blue.

- Yes?

- Don’t worry about this Sarah. I don’t like her at all so you don’t have to be jealous.

- I... What?! What kind of joke is that?! – Yaemin looked away and red blush cover her cheeks.

- Well... – Jungmin stifled a laugh seeing her so flustered. – You seemed pretty annoyed about flirting. Even rolling your beautiful eyes...

- Stop it at once. I don’t want to listen to you anymore! – Yaemin cut him short.

               Yaemin turned around and started walking away. She didn’t have to wait long to hear his carefree laugh coming from behind. A carefree laugh that didn’t change one bit.