People make mistakes sometimes, right?

I'd Still Be Blind If You Weren't With Me [One Shot]

 

Today would have marked our 2nd year together.. But you're not next to me, you're not even mine anymore. I pushed you away for a stupid reason, my hurt and insecurity got in the way of my love for you. I'm so stupid. I haven't talked to you since that day last month, my heart feels like it's stopped beating and I've forgotten how to smile. I heard the door to my apartment open, it's probably my best friend coming to check on me again. 
 
"Yah, Lee Donghae, have you seriously not left this damn apartment yet to go be outside for something other than work?" Eunhyuk asked me while letting out a sigh. I just shrugged my shoulders, I haven't felt the need or desire to go out and do anything enjoyable. He sat down on my couch next to me, "You know Charlotte is planning to leave for America tomorrow. She won't be coming back to Korea for quite some time, or well at least that's what she told me." My eyes widened.. She's leaving? B-but she can't go.. "She misses you Hae, and you obviously miss her. I think it's time you stop mopping around your house like a loser and go get your lady back! I don't want to see my best friends hurting anymore. But anyways, I'll catch you later. I needa head to work now." he said as he patted my shoulders reassuringly before leaving my apartment. 
 
I looked at my clock, it's was 5:45PM. Charlotte would be leaving the library in about 15 minutes, she always used to stay there until they were about to close. I need to get there to see her, I need to apologize before she leaves Korea.. I quickly put on my shoes and ran out of my apartment. The library is about a 30 minute walk from here but I don't have that kind of time, I begin to run as fast as my feet would carry me. Aboout half way there it starting down pouring. Isn't my luck just wonderful? When I finally made it to the library my lungs were on fire, I thought they were going to explode. I leaned on the railing of the staircase to the library trying to cathch my breath. "Donghae, what are you doing here?" I heard the most angelic voice ask me. I looked up and saw Charlotte looking at me with an extremely confused look on her face. I took a deep breath and climbed up the stairs so I was only a few steps away from her, "I'm here to apologize for everything I said to you.. I know it probably won't fix anything between us but you deserve an apology from me. I'm sorry for assuming you were cheating and for the cruel things I said. I should have talked to you before letting that idea get to my head. I made an awful mistake thus causing me to lose the most important person in my life, you. I just wanted to tell you that and I hope you have a good flight tomorrow.. I'm not going to ask you to stay with me because I don't have the right after what I've done. Bye Charlotte." I sadly waved to her before leaving, not wanting to see her look upset anymore and knowing I can't comfort her because it's all my fault. 
 
But if I had stayed after my apology, I would have heard my angel say the words I wished to hear the most at that moment, "I forgive you". I walked around aimlessly in the rain to places where our memories burned the brightest in my mind. The ice cream shop where we first met, the park where we shared our first kiss, and even when I finally got home,  the bed we first made love on. Her presense is every where I look, I cant believe I lost her. After I changed into some dry clothes and laid on my couch, the realization hit me and I cried myself to sleep for the first time since my father passed away.. I ended up sleeping most of the day when I woke up it was already pretty late into the afternoon. I guess my lack of sleep the past few days finally caught up with me. I reached over into my jacket pocket and pulled out a small case. Inside was the ring I was going to give Charlotte when I asked her to marry me. Too bad it's going to spend the rest of its days forgetten and untouched since I'll never have the chance to ask her. I heard someone unlock the door and come in, "Eunhyuk I'm really not in the mood for company." I said while shoving the box into my pocket not even bothering to look up at who came into my apartment. "Should I leave then?" said not Eunhyuk, but Charlotte who remained next to the door. "I asked Eunhyuk if I could get my key back so I would be able to come talk to you.." she said shifting her eyes between the floor and me. "I thought you were leaving for America today?" I asked her, confused as to why this lovely creature was standing in my livingroom.
 
She looked at the clock on my wall, "Yes I was, but my flight left about 5 minutes ago actually." Charlotte said staring back down at the floor. I walked over and stood infront of her, "Why didn't you go? I thought that's what you had planned, Eunhyuk told me that you were going to go live there for a few years." I asked still feeling quite lost. Charlotte finally looked up into my eyes, I missed her beautiful green eyes so much. "I couldn't leave you.. Seeing you look so broken yesterday broke my heart more than I ever thought possible. I wanted you to know that I forgive you, I can't stay angry at you at you" she said and paused to take a breath. I didn't even know what to say. She forgives me? After what I did, I honestly don't deserve her forgiveness. "I know you don't think you deserve this Donghae, I know you too well. But in any case you are wrong. People make mistakes sometimes and that's alright. This past month without you has been awful. I missed your smile, how you used to call me just to sing me to sleep, and how you'd send me flowers cause because it was Wednesday. I just missed you! I love you so much Donghae, I can't picture leaving you.. It hurts too much." she said as tears poured down her face by the time she had finished talking. I pulled her into a tight hug, "Charlotte I love you so much. You're my whole world, without you every light in Seoul could be on but I'd still be blind if you weren't here with me." I said sincerely while being on the verge of tearing up myself.
 
I got down on one knee and took her hand. I gulped nervously and with my other handed pulled out the box in my pocket. "My love, my angel, I don't know what I did to deserve your love or forgiveness but I won't ever take it for granted. I love you with every fiber of my existence," I paused and looked up to see her staring at me with wide eyes. I smiled nervously and continued, "I probably have no right to ask you this but will you let me spend the rest of my life proving to you how much I love you as Mrs. Charlotte Lee?" I opened the box and held the ring out to her. "Oh Donghae.." she cried and I began to think that this wasn't a good idea. Well that was until I tackled onto the floor by Charlotte. "Of course I'll marry you Donghae! I love you so much!" she exclaimed as she showered my face with kisses. "WOOOHOOO" I yelled happily and held her tightly as I kissed her with everything I had.
 
~A year and a half later~
 
I'm waiting here at the alter, my hands are getting sweaty cause I'm so nervous.. I hear "Here Comes The Bride" beginning to play, I looked down the aisle to where Charlotte would be entering from. Her father brought her out and began to walk to her towards me, god, she looks breathtakingly beautiful. I can't believe today is the day we finally say "I do."
 
 
A/N: So, what'd you think guys? I worked really hard on this, so I hope you all liked it! :D