New Job

The Clueless Tutor

 

Your POV:
 
 
 
"_____! Can you help tutor me in Algebra today? I really need to bring up my grade."
 
"Hey, _____. I could really use some help with Spanish. Are you free after school?"
 
Well, that's me. Shinhwa High School's top student and most wanted tutor. 
 
"I'm sorry, everyone. I have to go to work tonight."
 
A bevy of grumbles and sighs could be heard throughout the cafeteria. 
 
One of the girls, Yoo Jin, looked the most upset. 
 
"Come on, ____! I'll pay you double the wage you'll get paid today! I really need help with Anatomy. The finals are coming up soon!" 
 
As tempting as a larger paying salary for the day sounded, I knew that it would backfire eventually. Ditching on my shift might anger my boss and end with me getting fired. 
 
That means no money to pay for my dream car.
 
It's not that my family is extremely poor, but I just want to lessen the load for my mom. She's a single mom, and it must be hard for her to raise three children all on her own.
 
That's why I wouldn't even dream of asking for money from her. 
 
Anyways, the school day was slowly coming to an end, and I would have to speed-walk to the nearest bus stop to make it to work on time.
 
The wind today was stronger than usual, so I had to work even harder to run to the bus. 
 
Just as the bus became in full view, a paper flew into my face. 
 
Normally, I would just crumple up the paper and continue walking, but the words "HIGH PAYING JOB" and "IN NEED OF TUTORS" drew me in. 
 
I placed the flier into my skirt pocket, and boarded the bus. After sitting down, I scanned over the paper more carefully. 
 
Hmm... Apparently, this tutoring center is only a few blocks away from my home! 
 
I'll check it out after work.
 
 
 
2 hours later....
 
 
 
After my shift at McDonald's, I headed for the tutoring place. 
 
As I had predicted earlier, it was only a few minutes away from my house. 
 
It was a three-story building surrounded by peonies and lilacs.
 
To be perfectly honest, I was worried this place would be sleazy and untrustworthy. 
 
Just by the appearance, it doesn't look so bad.
 
I guess I'll go in and give it a try.
 

 

Inside the building....

 

 

I entered the cooly air-conditioned lobby of the building, and noticed a female receptionist at the front desk. She had long wavy hair and wore a green cable-knit sweater.
 
"Hi. I'd like to apply for a job."
 
"Great! We were in need of some tutors. What exactly do you specialize in?"
 
"Well, I'm a straight A student. So, I guess I could tutor in just about anything."
 
To this, the receptionist with a name-tag stating her name was Hyo Mi, sat up excitedly.
 
"Really?! Can you start tomorrow then?"
 
Whoa. Someone's desperate.... Then again, I'm desperate for a job too.
 
"Sure. What subject will I be tutoring?"
 
"It's Mandarin."
 
I know absolutely nothing about Mandarin. Isn't there any other subject for me to teach?
 
Before I could ask her for another subject, she went ahead and talked instead.
 
"We're so lucky to have found you! Since, it was so hard to find a Mandarin tutor, we'll give you a salary for $11 an hour!"
 
Well, I guess there aren't any other open subjects to teach. Plus, the pay is amazing for only a high school student. 
 
"I'll take the job."
 
I know what I'm doing is wrong. That's why I'll quit when I've saved up enough money for my dream car.
 
What could possibly go wrong?

 

 

A/N: It's Peach of the duo PeachandDiamond! We're sorry for the extremely long wait! The first chapter is coming out after 2 months... Anyways, I hoped you all enjoyed my chapter, and stay tuned for more!❤ Please subscribe and comment~❤