Ever After...

My Angel

YOONA : ( picking up the phone after a small pause ) hello ~

LUHAN : Hello yoong ~

YOONA : ah..Oppa… aren’t you sleeping already; look at the time. ( she spoke out with a hushed voiced that sounded like a whisper at the other side of the line )

LUHAN : I have to tell you something…it’s really important, I cannot wait till tomorrow ( His voice held a serious note to it and Yoona could tell that whatever he was going to say now wasn’t going to be pleasant. )

YOONA : I’m listening oppa ~ ( it was a short reply but it was enough to understand that she was really listening to him seriously. )

LUHAN : ( sighing a little he bit his tongue  before letting out a deep sigh trying to hold back the tears in his eyes. ) let’s call off the wedding ! ( he hurriedly blabbed fearing that his voice would give way into revealing his true feelings )

YOONA : what ?~ ( she clearly heard what he had just said as her eyes started getting watery ) huh ? what do you mean ~

LUHAN : ( taking in a deep breathe again he pursed his lips  into a tight line. Pearl like tears started wetting his cheeks but he continued talking ) Le…Let’s call off th…this wed…wedding Yoona ~

YOONA : ( she got of her sit as she pressed the phone more to her right ear ) call off the wedding ?! what are you talking about !! why ?! ( her tears gushed out as her face started to get a little pink from the sudden tension )

LUHAN : i…i…don’t think I’m ready for it ~ ( he stammered trying to explain the lady his situation. He never wanted this to happen but this had to happen )

YOONA : but you said you loved me ~ ( after getting her heart broke by the absence of her angel now her fiancé was breaking up with her ) are you also going to leave me now ?

LUHAN : I’m doing this because I love you.. you stupid girl !!! ( suddenly shouting on the phone he got Yoona’s attention to his side once again. His soft hiccups revealed his state as he paused for a second to bring back his composure. ) Listen to your heart for once Yoong, stop listening to your brain since you’re not that bright !!!~

YOONA : ( clasping with her hand; with tears still falling from her eyes… she could clearly understand what Luhan was trying to tell  her ) oppa ~

LUHAN : I loved you Yoona…so much that it hurts to let you go now. But I’ll be okay…we’ll  be okay.

YOONA : I’m so sorry oppa ~

LUHAN : ( chuckling bitterly he smiled weakly at her apology ) there’s nothing to apologies about ; there’s some things in life that cannot be changed.

YOONA : I didn’t mean to hurt you… I really loved you ~ ( she replied with a weak voice; still crying profusely. She couldn’t imagine how painful it would have been for him )

LUHAN : I want you to cry yoong… I want to cry a lot tonight, for losing such an amazing and great guy like me. ( he joked trying to lift the mood up but soon his smile fell again )  and after tonight; I never want to hear you cry ever again. If Minho makes you cry; I’m really going to punch him in face…really hard.

YOONA : … ( hiccups of sadness could be heard through the phone as she closed her eyes )

LUHAN : Don’t worry I’m not mad with you; all I want is for you to be happy. I’m a handsome man; I’m sure I’ll find someone who would fall in love with me soon enough. ( when he didn’t get any answer from Yoona he sighed and continued. ) I don’t want us to live together with a mask on our faces for the rest of our lives. I don’t think I deserve that, It’s better for the both of us this way….

YOONA : I’m so sorry… I’m really sorry ~

LUHAN : ( taking a deep breathe again ) Let’s meet each other again soon enough Yoona… I’m flying off to Canada first thing next morning. When I come back 2 years later; I want to see you happily married to your angel okay ?

YOONA : ( dumbfounded by Luhan’s mention of her angel, she nodded her head with a small ‘um’ sound telling Luhan that she understood )

LUHAN : Very well then yoong… goodbye we’ll meet soon.

YOONA : Goodbye oppa and thank you…thank you for everything.

( Luhan just smiled a little wiping his tears off. This time he knew what he did was right; she belonged to Minho and only him. There was going to be someone waiting for him somewhere in this world and he was going to have to find her and love her more than he could ever imagine; loving Yoona. He loved Yoona and thus he returned her to Minho. Only he could bring back the old Yoona. The bright girl with a pure and happy heart. )

FLASHBACK  

( Walking into Yoona’s house; Luhan realized that her parents were once again out of town. Wondering what she was doing in the dark alone; he walked towards the living room, throwing his jacket on the dining table in the process. Walking into the living room he saw an angel-like girl curled up on the sofa; sleeping like a little kid with her brown hair flowing to the side of the couch beautifully. )

LUHAN : ( smiling a little he bent down and her cheek with the back of his hand. She was so beautiful; even a real angel could actually get jealous of her beauty.)

( Above in the heavens; there was this restless angel walking around biting his finger nails in anxiety. He knew that if he didn’t do anything now… his dear friend would have to spend the rest of his life on earth doing absolutely nothing. He had to do something at least something that could lift Minho off his curse. With the curse still bounding him down; Minho wouldn’t be able to fall in love with anybody else…one kiss from the wrong person could end him up to the deepest depth of hell )

KEY : what should I do…. What should I do……ahhhh …..key think of something fast ! ( walking back and forth in absolute fright of the situation )

( Looking down at earth, at Yoona in particular; he saw Luhan siting at the sofa beside her.)

KEY : That’s it !!! ( Trying to combat all of his energy; that crazy angel started blowing and blowing with all his might and to his greatest pleasure; his plan was somewhat working. )

( The white curtains blocking the moonlight out of the room started blowing in various directions, sending blasts of wind into the room. The cold wind swept both the beings as Yoona cuddled herself more into her thin white dress.)

LUHAN : ( he shivered for a second when he heard the dry sound of flipping pages. He turned around to see Yoona’s urban diary on the tea table)

(Getting curious of the contents of his lovers diary, Luhan picked up the diary and sat on the other sofa. Just one flip across the book he told himself, just a brief look through them. 

One flip, just maybe one more flip but as each pages of the diary reflected into his glassy eyes, his heart started hurting.  He wasn’t angry, he didn’t feel deceived, he didn’t cry but It was still painful.

The thought of how much his once lover had sacrificed for him was painful for him. Every single page of THEIR life book was written with so much of regret, tears, pain and amongst all that; there was a whole load of love. They belonged together and neither she nor he had the rights to change the lines written by fate.

She looked so happy with her bright eyes sparkling under the light in those pictures with him. She was truly happy she was the real Yoona, the Yoona he couldn’t revive all this years. He wanted this Yoona back and only her true love would be able to do that.)

LUHAN : ( a tear streak rolled down his right cheek but he brushed it away with a smile on his face. One line in the diary made him understand that Yoona once did love him. But he was just a little too late, since someone else came into her life.) Stop sacrificing Yoona, You don’t deserve it ~

( He placed the diary on the table in front before leaning towards Yoona to give her a small sweet peck on her forehead. A last kiss, he was never going to be able to forget her. His best friend ~)

***

(Running and running, Yoona ran using her long legs with all her might. Failing to understand why she was still relatively slow despite having unending long legs. She was running to him, he was all she wanted now. HE once left her wanting to give her happiness and now HE too had left her only because he wanted her to be happy.

She wanted to give Luhan and Minho what they both wanted, her very happiness. Her happiness was only one thing in this world and that was HIM.

It was the beginning of winter as cold wind painfully cut through Yoona’s thin clothes giving her Goosebumps. It was still yet to snow but, they were going to be falling down soon enough.

As soon as she reached the lake near the church, her eyes fell to a tall shadow at the side of the thick old oak tree.

She could tell that he crying. There was more of her in him than himself and it was going to be really painful and ugly if he was to keep it all in.)

 

MINHO : ( He allowed his tears to rain down on his cheeks naturally. It was almost like a habit to him already, crying every day. He picked a few pebbles on the grass and threw it across the river, thoughtlessly looking at the ripples he had created in them)  She found her wings and she’s taking off in the morn as a blushing bride, I guess it’s really over isn’t it ?

YOONA : Then where are your wings?  ( she walked towards Minho who turned back to look at her with a surprised expression)

MINHO : y…Yoona? What are you doing here?

YOONA : ( she didn’t answer his question but again repeated her question ) Where are your wings? If I’m taking off in the morn then don’t you have to follow me too?

MINHO : ( confused by her use of words, he looked back at his angel standing right before of him. Was he dreaming? What was she doing here, tomorrow was supposed to be her wedding. )

***

( That one hug and Sulli understood everything. He loved her with all his heart but nothing more than an elder brother. His heart belonged elsewhere and she wasn’t allowed to keep it, she understood his despair and it was time to let him go.)

MINHO : Sulli-ya, I love you too but-

SULLI : As a younger sister? ( she completed his sentence as she broke the hug that Minho had engulfed her in.)

MINHO : i…i..i’m sorry sul ~ I never could see you that way, you know everything. Please smile Sulli-ya, it’s difficult for me to see you this way.

SULLI : I do oppa, I really do know you the best~ ( she sung sadly before wiping all the slippery tears on her face aside and gave him her brightest smile. )  I’ll find someone more handsome then you are, I’m sure of that!

( She argued playfully before sticking out her tongue towards his direction. Confessing her love wasn’t that bad, he was a nice guy.

But now she knew that she deserved someone much better, someone like Minho, someone who had his whole heart filled of love just for her and only her, just like how Minho’s heart works for Yoona and only her.)

***

MINHO : Yoong. You had always been my wings, I felt like I was in heaven every single step I took together with you. My wings left me the very second, you were out of my reach. My heaven left me behind and here I am now standing so cowardly in front of you.

I love you~

( Before he even spell those words to her, Yoona had already planted her soft lips on his plump lips. A rush of anxiety and indescribable happiness sparked through his body.

He naturally wrapped his long arms around her waist and pulled her upwards helping her to kiss him easier than it already was. He had waited for this kiss for so long, there was love and confidence in it. She wasn’t confused like she usually was.

This time Yoona knew that Minho was the one for her. Luhan was the greatest friend to her and Sulli was the sweetest younger sister to him but the puzzle only matched for the both of them. They knew that they were each other soul mates. A special bond that even death wouldn’t be able to separate.

The cold win together with some winter snow rushed across them as lights of the twilight night sky sparkled ever so brightly.

Uh-hum!

Shocked by the sudden appearances of Taeyeon and Key, Minho immediately broke the kiss but didn’t let go of his grip off his Yoona.

TAEYEON : Looks like your curse has been broken young man, but now the ultimate decision is yours. Are you coming back with us to heaven and live forever or stay here with this lady and grow old and eventually -

MINHO : I’m staying here Taeyeon ~ She is my heaven. I want to wake up every morning right next to her, I want to look into her eyes and say that I love her, I want to have cute beautiful kids with her, I want to grow old with her and one day I eventually want to die away while lying on her lap.

KEY : ( he stood there stunned by how Love could make a man thing in such a way. He sure did the right thing) 

( Yoona’s eyes glistered In tears as she looked at Minho who was speaking all those words from the bottom of his heart. How did she go on in life all this time without this guy ?)

TEAYEON : ( she bit her lips a little trying to contain her smile, she knew from the very beginning that he was going to say that, it wasn’t him who was talking now. It was his love that was talking)  Very well then Minho, you shall stay the rest of your life in earth protecting your family as …. Human.

KEY : You deserve It ! …. You deserve to grow old and die for making me so stressed up worrying about you!

( Minho laughed at his best friend before taking him into a warm hug)

MINHO : I know what you did and I’ll eternally be grateful to you. I’ll be there rooting for you when it’s your turn to fall in love ( he added a wink at the end making Key grin back at him)

KEY : You better be…

( And just like that all the pain and heartache flew away with a single kiss as the first snow of winter fell down ever so lightly in between of their hot kiss.

Time flew about and the bruised hearts of the other two people healed completely as god had a whole different story written for them.

Of course the media world didn’t leave both the superstar couple around. Rumors started spreading like wild fire, hate started spreading around the wave but no matter the situation they both didn’t let go of their hands and faced all the negative comment bravely.

As long as SHE and HE knew the whole story, Yoona wasn’t going to get affected by what others would say. But just like the saying goes, nothing lasts forever… and hate wasn’t an exception. Majority of the public could eventually understand the true, unlimited love they had for each other.

The doors of their very own heaven opened as they finally slid their rings on each other’s finger. Few years flew by and ….

***

YOONA : And they brought a beautiful little princess, to this world. And so the Angel, his Angel and their little baby angel… lived~  (she fed the last spoon to her daughter)  

MINAH : ( she clapped her hands a hopeful glint sparkled in her eyes as she finished her mother’s words) happily ever after ~

MINHO : Did you like the story Minah-ya? ( he brushed off his daughter’s bangs out of her eyes and smiled as her eyes went slightly wider)

( He knew that look on her face, she was going to bombard him with questions. Just like her mother always had and still do.)

MINAH : Appa… What happened to the other two of them?

MINHO : They both had so much more written for them.

YOONA : but that’s a whole different story, umma will tell you their story next time. Alright? MINAH : But does the Angel still love the girl? Doesn’t he miss heaven and all his friends up there?

YOONA : ( her eyes darted to Minho for a second before turning back to Minah) That can only be answered by the Angel…. ( she smiled and leaned down and kissed minah on the cheek)

( Minah was her miracle, their miracle. The miracle Minho had given to her. Yoona cleared the bowl as she left for the kitchen after lying Minah back to bed. Minho remained still on the bed, was she angry was she hurt?)

MINHO : ( he left Minah to sleep in the room and walked to the kitchen to see Yoona’s back view while washing the plates)  

( A playful smile stretched across his face as he walked towards his lover and hugged her from the back, just like what he had done early in the morning. She didn’t stop washing the plates but allowed him to keep hugging her. Burying his face at the crook of her neck Minho whispered so softly at the side of her ear.)

MINHO : what’s wrong ~

YOONA : ( She paused the washing for a second before taking a long sigh ) I want to know the answer for Minah’s question… so does the angel still love his girl? Doesn’t he miss heaven?

MINHO : ( he chuckled at her childish, thoughtless question. Something was really clear.) It seems like motherhood hasn’t brought along any maturity with you, has it?

YOONA : oppa~… I want an answer ( she turned around, getting herself trapped in between both of his hands that were holding onto the sink counter)

MINHO : ( he leaned in so slowly and gave his angel a sweet dry peck that lingered on her peachy pink lips for a second) I do miss it up there but You’re my heaven, anywhere I am to walk together with you is my heaven and can never  feel more blessed than I’ll ever be.

YOONA : really? ( she added a playful tone to it)

MINHO : positive! ( he saluted her with an innocent smile on his face)

YOONA : (she pinched Minho’s nose) I see that fatherhood hasn’t brought along any maturity with you, has it?

MINHO : speaking of fatherhood.. ( he looked around for a second, making sure Minah wasn’t anywhere near them ) Should we start for another little angel ?

YOONA : what? Are you joking baby?

MINHO : no? ( he answered back with a completely serious tone) Let’s go.. ( He took off, carrying his blushing bride in his arms, bridal style. Trying to reach their room as fast as possible and lock the door behind him. He had to make sure he had locked the room door more than two times) How about a boy this time? One that looks like me ?

YOONA : ( she was still blushing hard as she held on onto Minho even as he set her down on their big wide bed )

MINHO : So what do you want to start with now ? ( he wiggled his thick eyebrows and motioned for his wife to come closer)

YOONA : what happened to my innocent little dooli-loving angel?

MINHO : He died that rainy night ‘someone’ left him crying at the music academy.  Now right here is the hottest and the iest pianist in the industry Choi Minho !  

YOONA : Oh-ho what arrogance, Don’t forget that you’re now beside the industries ‘y doe’

MINHO :  Alright then shall we see how y you really are? ( he began to un-button himself )

YOONA : ( she hooked her long arms around Minho’s neck ) I love you so much baby ~

MINHO : ( he gave her back a sweet peck) you already know the answer to that. I too love you so, so, so, so much!

***

( Outside at the hall, Minah was looking up at the semi-dark sky via the wide window. If what her parents were telling were true, she too wanted to fall In love like the girl and her angel)

MINAH : Will you come to meet me soon? ( she looked at the sky and for some reason there was a star shinning bright on the mid-morning sky )

( Up at the sky a streak of twinkle appeared so brightly, looking down at earth the little angel smiled and looked at a certain direction.  He was happy to see the little girl right at him, stories of an angel falling in love with a human were also really popular up at heaven too. He was born for someone and nothing was going to change that.)

Please wait for me dear, I’ll be there beside you real soon on the first day of winter ~

Hey guys… did you like the ending. So what do you think of the story on whole please comment down on the comment box. So for all my really nice friends who subscribed to My Angel. Thank you very much. I think I might right a short 2-shot ‘sequel’ of this story, maybe the bts scenes of Minyoon? Do you think I should do that?

And on side note, please go to the next chapter, I have some things to show you guys :)

I’ll start updating my other stories too, so don’t worry.