Comfort Me

Comfort Me

 

Baekhyun was woken up when Chanyeol crawled into his bed. This was nothing unusual and he was just about to make himself comfortable against the younger’s chest and fall back asleep when he heard a sniffle.

“Chanyeol?” he asked as he turned around to face the other. “Are you okay?”

Chanyeol tensed up and even stopped breathing for a moment before his face scrunched up and he inched closer to Baekhyun. “No,” he said, his voice cracking. Baekhyun didn’t hesitate to move up the bed, so he could put an arm around Chanyeol and pull him closer to himself.

“What’s wrong?” he whispered as he Chanyeol’s hair. Chanyeol put his arms around Baekhyun’s chest and hugged him so tightly Baekhyun could barely breathe.

“I- I don’t know,” he stuttered. “I just- I felt lonely and I’m- I’m so tired, Baekhyunnie.”

Baekhyun hushed him and pulled him impossibly tighter. “You know I’m always here, Yeol,” he murmured into the other’s hair. Chanyeol’s crying was making a lump grow in his own throat and he was slowly becoming more desperate to make him stop crying. Chanyeol was supposed to be happy, not sad.

“I’m always here,” he repeated when Chanyeol’s sobs finally started subsiding. Chanyeol hummed and moved around until his face was resting comfortably in the crook of Baekhyun’s neck. His steady exhalations created a warm, damp spot on Baekhyun’s skin, but he didn’t mind much.

He craned his neck just a little bit to be able to kiss the top of Chanyeol’s head when the younger’s breathing started evening out. “Goodnight, Chanyeol,” he whispered, and Chanyeol hummed sleepily in return.

 

 

Baekhyun woke up the next morning to Chanyeol’s deep voice calling out in alarm and surprise, followed by a loud thump. There was a pause, then Chanyeol’s voice sounded again, “Oww…” Without even opening his eyes, Baekhyun had a pretty good idea of what had just happened; Chanyeol had fallen out of bed.

He groaned and rolled onto his side, nearly following Chanyeol onto the floor as he was closer to the edge than he’d thought, and blinked his eyes open. His vision was a little blurry at first, but eventually it cleared to the image of Chanyeol smiling up at him, looking like a complete idiot. Baekhyun snorted.

“You’re the clumsiest person I’ve ever known,” he muttered, his voice slightly raspy with sleep. Chanyeol’s stupid grin merely widened and Baekhyun couldn’t help smiling in return.

Chanyeol started to get up from the floor, and Baekhyun laughed when he somehow managed to tangle his feet together and almost fell over again. “Come here, you clumsy idiot,” he muttered and reached a hand out. Chanyeol took it and ungraciously fell on top of Baekhyun, successfully expelling all the air from the elder’s lungs.

When Baekhyun’s eyes managed to focus on Chanyeol again, the other grinned stupidly down at him, “You love this clumsy idiot,” and without warning he swooped down and placed a sloppy kiss on Baekhyun’s lips despite the vocalist’s high-pitched protests about morning breath.