Blinded by love

Blinded by love

 

Blinded by love


They say “too much of anything is not good”. For a certain Kim TaeYeon,being helpful,or in this case,being TOO helpful,is not advantageous to her. Any acquaintance of hers would know how kind a heart she has. This was probably why her friends could obtain so much from her,she stood in for other’s clean-up day and helped her classmates with homework. These are just examples from an infinite list one can enumerate.

It was just another day for TaeYeon,who went to school early to “help” her classmates with their homework,or rather, provide them with answers to which her classmates conveniently copied down.Being the best friend anyone can have,TaeYeon also agreed to grab a few sandwiches from the canteen for her friends.As she walked down the god-knows-how-many flights of stairs,her ears caught a faint sound nearby. The source of that particular sound seemed to be in the senior high Science lab.Curiosity immediately aroused inside TaeYeon as she made her way to the Science lab cautiously.

The doors of the lab was shut and the curtains were drawn,but a small gap between the hastily drawn curtains allowed TaeYeon to have a glimpse of the inside.She quickly scanned through the room and noticed a well-dressed man pinning a girl,clearly a student as she was wearing a uniform with the school’s name printed across it,on one of the wooden tables in the lab. The girl seemed to be trying to voice out for help but only managed muffled moans since the man covered with his hands. At this moment,any student who witnessed this would most probably report it to a teacher but TaeYeon thought it would be too time consuming.

“Yah! What are you doing!?”TaeYeon shouted.

Startled by the question,the man was frightened and tried to make his way to the back exit. Panicking probably made the situation worse for him. By accident,he one of the gas taps for a bunsen burner as he tried to escape. However,the man eventually managed to exit the lab and disappeared soon after.

TaeYeon,who was sure that her short legs would not be fast enough for the man,went into the lab and calmed the girl down instead of attempting to  give chase. The young girl,whom TaeYeon later on knew as Tiffany, was sporting an innocent look,her hair bundled up into a single ponytail with two strands of brown locks perfectly hanging down by her face.

TaeYeon hugged the girl tightly and assured her that she was going to be alright and that she would report the happenings to the teachers in the school. After the girl,whomTaeYeon later on know as Tiffany,calmed down,the two had a conversation and quickly got to know each other. They were so engrossed in their conversation that they hadn’t notice a cleaner enter the lab with a lighted cigarette in between his lips. As he was clearing the contents of the paper bins,he clumsily dropped the cigarette onto one of the wooden tables. As the lighted stick got into contact with the gas emitted from the bunsen burner, a fire was visible. The fire spread quickly,from the table to the curtains and soon, fumes of blinding brightness engulfed the lab. TaeYeon and Tiffany easily made their way out since they were near an exit but the cleaner was not at such a good location. However, he was lucky that TaeYeon spotted him. Being the helpful Kim TaeYeon that everyone knows of,she risked her life to run back through the fire and save the cleaner out. The two made it out of the lab,the cleaner safely,but TaeYeon was feeling a sting in her eyes and moments later,she could no longer see anything but pitch black darkness.

“TaeTae,can you..can you see me?” Tiffany asked,her voice ever so gentle.

“I can’t see anything! What’s happening!?” TaeYeon shouted out,shocked by the sudden blindness she was experiencing.

The fire alarm then wailed and students can be seen streaming out of their class,towards the parade ground.Carrying TaeYeon on her back,Tiffany made her way to the parade ground swiftly and told a teacher about the happenings. The fire was put out afterwards and TaeYeon was sent to the hospital. Her parents were informed and they met her at the hospital just in time to pass her a lucky necklace before TaeYeon proceeded for her surgery......

 


3 years later

“TaeTae, we’re gonna be late for class!” Tiffany’s voice was piercing TaeYeon’s eardrums as the latter lazily got up from dreamland and made her way to the washroom with the help of her walking stick. After minutes of preparations,the duo finally got out of the dorm they are sharing and made their way to the school. Tiffany wrapped a pink towel around TaeYeon and helped her with the “obstacles” they faced along the way.

It has been three years since the incident took place and TaeYeon’s parents entrusted Tiffany with the responsibility of taking care of TaeYeon. The two are living in the dormitory opposite the school they are attending. It has become a routine for Tiffany to protect TaeYeon everyday and she carried out her task really well. For three years,Tiffany never left TaeYeon’s side and the two naturally became best friends, or maybe beyond that.

 

 




“Do you think it would be nice if I could see the view now?” TaeYeon suddenly broke the silence.The duo was having sandwiches in the school garden for their break,munching on their snack while enjoying the scent of the variety of flowers that surrounded them.

Upon hearing TaeYeon’s question,Tiffany simply replied with a “yes”. TaeYeon sighed and continue munching on her sandwich before the two girls return to class for another round of boring lectures.

During class,Tiffany pondered upon TaeYeon’s question. She understood the shorter girl’s situation and after some thinking,she finally decided to let TaeYeon go for an eye surgery,provided that someone was willing to donate a pair of eyes......

 

 




A month passed and it was finally the day TaeYeon was scheduled to have her surgery. However,for the first time in three years,Tiffany wasn’t near her. TaeYeon was disappointed,she thought that this was the moment she needed Tiffany most but Tiffany was nowhere to be found. She gripped onto the lucky necklace her mum had gifted her tightly as  tears slid down her cheeks and suddenly,she couldn’t feel anything,the anesthesia was already performing its function.


 


 

 

After the surgery


When TaeYeon woke up from her little nap,Tiffany was still not there. TaeYeon was now able to see the things around her. Though she was disappointed about the fact that Tiffany was nowhere near,she squealed in delight upon knowing that she had her vision back. She scrutinized every object in the ward and it was then that she noticed a letter addressed to her.

The letter read:

Dear TaeTae,
I have had a great time with you. You are the best friend anyone could ever know. From our first meeting till today,you have displayed your compassion and friendliness towards me. I am grateful for how close we are and the distance between us- none. You know that I have always treasured you and loved you right?^^

On that day when you asked me “Do you think it would be nice if I could see the view now?” ,I thought a lot before making this decision. I think I have seen enough of the world and it’s your turn now!^^ Please help me to continue unveiling the mysteries of this world with my eyes.

Love you always <3,
Your Fany


Tears escaped the corners of TaeYeon’s eyes as she ran to the front desk to enquire about Tiffany’s whereabouts. She then ran towards Tiffany’s ward and opened the door,only to see a sleeping Tiffany,now without the ability to see anything. She caressed Tiffany’s face as she took off the lucky necklace and hung it around Tiffany’s neck.

“I love you,Tiffany” 
Taeyeon whispered as tears escaped down her cheeks, the immeasurable level of gratitude overwhelming her as she looked down at Tiffany's gentle features with eyes that used to belong to that eye-smiling princess.


 

END

 

 

This is my first ever fanfic so I'm sorry if I couldn't meet your expectation of a good fanfic>< Please tell me where I went wrong and how you felt about this work through the comments,I'll really appreciate it! :D Thanks to Derpy123 for her tips! I have made some changes to it. I hope you guys like it ><