Her Whisper is the Lu-

Strung Masquerade

SHINee just released their new hit, Lucifer. Their faithful Shawols apparently downloaded the song off SM’s website so much that it crashed. To celebrate their glorious victory on their awesome talent, Onew decided that the band should go out for ice cream instead of chicken.

“Taemin-ssi! Hurry it up, will you!” Minho called impatiently from the patio table at the restaurant.

“Yah, Hyung, at least help me!” Taemin, being the maknae, was given the duty of bringing the sundaes to the other four members, and he was having a hard time doing so. With a sigh and an eye roll, Minho got up, carrying three of the five sundaes to the lazy members sitting at the table.

Taemin impatiently set the bowls down, going as quick as he could so his arms could warm up again. After everyone was served, he hurriedly threw on his hoodie.

“Why did you even take your hoodie off in the first place?” Onew asked with a mouthful of chocolate ice-cream.

“Hyung, it’s like 80 degrees in here.” Onew sighed, noting that what the younger boy said was true.

“Whatever,” the leader said, quickly changing the subject. “Could you get me some nuts for my sundae?” He looked at Jonghyun, who was waiting for Onew to look at Taemin.

“Mwoh? But why me?” Jonghyun whined, strawberry ice cream dripping out of his mouth.

“Because I am the leader and at the moment you are my servant. Now, off with you! And bring extra!” Onew made a ‘shoo’ sign with his hand as Jonghyun lazily got up and headed to the toppings bar. Grabbing the scoop, he filled a small bowl to the brim with almonds, walnuts, and pecans, and got back to the table, nearly throwing the bowl in Onew’s face.

“Your nuts, sir.” Taemin giggled as Jonghyun said this.

“…That’s what she said…” The maknae chuckled. He’s always had a weird sense of humor. Taking another spoonful of the delicious dessert, the main vocalist got up again, wiping the pink residue off his lip with a napkin.

“I’m gonna go to the bathroom.”

 

Jonghyun stood in front of the mirror, washing his hands after he was done. Knowing that he was alone, he started to hum.

“Her whisper is the Lucifer~ Da dan da dan da~” The lights flickered a bit, yet he paid no mind.

 

Suddenly, the lights went dark.

 

“Ah really-.” He was cut off by a single light above him, revealing himself and himself only in the mirror. He turned back.

Nothing.

He turned back to the mirror, startled by his own reflection. Jonghyun sighed in relief, walking over to the light switch in a desperate attempt to turn the lights back on.

Nothing happened.

That single light still flashed.

‘I’ll go tell a worker…’ He thought, going towards the door handle, and pulling away in shock in the end.

 

There was no door.

 

Backing away slowly, he slid against the wall and sat down, trying to calm himself.

“Breathe deeply, Jjong… this is just a dream…” He told himself.

Oh no, Jjong. This is far from a dream…” A deep and eerie voice echoed through the walls of the dark nothingness.

“What is this? Who are you?!” Jonghyun’s voice was full of panic and fear. The evil voice just laughed.

“This is a show, Jjong. I am the master… and you are my puppet…” It echoed one last time. All the lights finally came back on. Jonghyun sighed in relief, going back to the sink to wash his face and make sure that he definitely wasn’t dreaming. After splashing himself with cold water he looked up at the mirror, his eyes widening.

“AAAHH-.”

 

 

Silence…