The 'Haunted' House

The 'Haunted' House

*Thank you all for reading! This is a bit longer than my usual One-shots, so I hope you all like it! This is for all of y'all that love Halloween as much as I do, and would like a little story to read for the occasion!*

 

EXO was finally together! After months and months of being away from each other, the two groups had come back together to film their newest music video. The song and dance had a very dark feel to it, so the staff decided to pick different sets and locations that would give off the chic vampire feel they wanted.

The old, worn down Victorian house was never used anymore. It was chipped, rusty, and unattended to, and the weeds in the front were overgrown. As much as the place was scary, however, it was safe. Many preparations were made before any of EXO was allowed to even see the mansion.

The film crew knew that tonight was suppose to storm, and they brought all of EXO to try and take advantage of that. Having thunder and lightning crashes in the background of the head shots was exactly what the director had in mind. However, no one anticipated the events to come.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

The manager was convinced that he had thought of everything, and as far as the music video went, everything was perfect! However, he failed to notice that the house was built at the bottom of a fairly large ditch. A lovely little stamp in the earth, perfect for a house like this, NOT perfect for visitors when it rains. The ditch had begun to fill with water. Even though the house was perfectly safe, there was no possible way they could get the vans out of the flood that was forming.

The manager gathered the members around, "Listen here kids!" He started, "I have bad news. We've been flooded in." A couple of the members groaned, others just looked sick. "We will have to stay here for the night. There are plenty of rooms, considering this is a mansion. Go get some sleep, we'll be leaving first thing in the morning. I'll be in that room if anyone needs me... please don't need me... OH, and really quick, the caretaker of the house says that room 4 down the hall there gets pretty strange, so only use the room if you have no where else to go." He waved his hand and walked away, yawning.

Kris noticed quickly that even with the members pairing up to room together; there were still barely enough rooms, which is how he and Tao ended up in room 4.

Before going to bed, all the members decided to go to Suho and Lay's room to talk about the situation. Just to Kris' luck, though, they had turned their cheerful conversation into ghost stories. Sufficiently freaking Tao out, like a little child.

"...and then I heard," Lay was finishing up his story " that if you live past the first hour, the whole thing just starts over again!"

"Oh shut up, Lay. That's a lame movie... Yes, I've seen it before." Luhan stuck his tongue out, sitting on the little chair in the room. "And look! You made Tao really upset."

The rest of the members shifted their eyes to Tao and Kris. They sat on the floor, Kris' back up against the bed. Tao sat on his outstretched legs, Tao's own legs drawn up to his chest, he was shaking slightly, and little droplets were sent down his face from his large, unblinking panda-like eyes. Yet he didn't make a noise.

Suho smacked Lay on the back of the head. Kyungsoo, being the ever faithful 'umma' of the group, knelt down to Tao's eye level. "Tao? Sweetheart?" Tao blinked his watery eyes and looked at Kyungsoo. "Come with me, we're going to get some water, and when we come back-" He turned to the older boys "-the GHOST stories WILL be OVER!" He spat through gritted teeth. Tao happily took Kyungsoo's hand and they left with Kris following close behind.

 

The second the door closed, the remaining members heard a low chuckle coming from a corner of the room. "Fellas," They all saw Chen stand up and move to the center of the room. "Why don't we make tonight a little... interesting."

"Oooo I'm game. These stories were getting worse and worse anyway!" Clapped Chanyeol, hoping to relieve his boredom.

"HEY!" Pouted Lay.

"Sorry, man," Chanyeol shrugged, "We've all seen that movie you were telling."

"Um, Chanyeol..." Baekhyun tapped Chanyeol's arm, "Are you sure you want to go with Chen's plan? They tend to be a little.... Destructive." Baekhyun was nervous to say the least.

"It can't hurt to know the plan..." Sehun suggested. They all agreed and looked to Chen.

"Ah yes. My plan. Listen here gents, how often are we gifted with the opportunity to spend the night in a mansion? That's right! Almost never! We have the means of pulling off a perfect prank! With the atmosphere and with Kris and Tao staying in room 4, we can make them believe they are haunted to the point where they will sleep with crosses in their arms for weeks!" Chen was beginning to laugh just thinking about it.

"And why, pray tell, would we want to do that?!" Suho looked fairly angry.

"Because..." Chen whined, "This may be our only chance to prank Kris!"

Immediately, the remaining three members of EXO-M shouted, "I'M IN!" Chanyeol and Sehun looked fairly excited as well.

Now all he needed was Kai, Baekhyun, and Suho's approval and he was in business.

"Not that I'm not always up for a good prank, however," Kai tapped his chin, "With our night off, I'm more concerned about doing other things... Like Kyungsoo."

"And this is perfect for that too! If we keep Kris busy by scaring the out of him, He'll be off your back about Kyungsoo!"

Kai nodded happily. " Iguess I'm in as well," Baekhyun smirked, looking at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol began to jump up and down, "Oooo, I'm even more in than I was before!"

Remembering the final barrier to his plan, Chen looked at Suho. "Suuuuhooooo-Hyuuuunnngggg~~~" Chen pouted with aegyo. "Why won't you let me have fun?"

"Chen, please." Lay said, "Let me take care of Suho." Suho's eyes grew three sizes when he figured out what Lay was talking about.

"Thank, Lay, but who's gonna help me prank if everyone's getting laid?!" Chen wanted to yell. That is, until he felt a little tap on his shoulder. When he turned around, he saw his best partner: Xiumin.

"We got this." Xiumin winked. The two left the room before anything could change Suho's mind.

 

"Ok, guys. Why don't we tell nice stories?" Kyungsoo said, opening the door for Tao and Kris. "I was thinking on telling my famous 'Rabbit and Duck' story."

"Oh my god, nooo..." Kai groaned quietly.

"What did you say to me, boy?" Kyungsoo put his hands on his hips.

"I said.. ugmh... 'Oh my god, Po!' because I want a kiss!" Kai reached out to his love.

"That's what I thought..." Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes. After he had calmed everyone down, he told his story.

 

~~~~~~~

 

"Kris... WHAT'S THAT?!" Tao practically yelled, pointing at the closet. Kris groaned and sat up from his comfortable spot on the bed.

"Tao, those are just clothes." He dead-panned. He wanted to get some sleep so badly. He hadn't gotten a chance to get some real beauty sleep in a while and as much as he wanted to be angry at Tao, every time he saw the younger's watery eyes, he felt even worse for thinking that.

Tao, still shaken from the stories earlier, tried to relax back into his pillow with his little book. The book helped him relax in the paranormal atmosphere, as Kris helped him too. Even though Kris was asleep and nuzzled up under all their blankets, Tao still felt safe next to his man.

Suddenly, Tao heard a knock on the door. "C'mon in," He somewhat yelped. He smiled when it was none other than two of his beloved members: Chen and Xiumin. "What's up guys?" He whispered, jerking a thumb to the sleeping Kris.

Chen and Xiumin snickered at their leader, but Xiumin asked "We were looking for band-aids. Luhan get a paper cut and it's pretty bad."

Tao, genuinely concerned for , gave the two the okay to look through the room and their stuff for anything they might need. After a few minutes of opening every drawer and sufficiently waking up Kris, the two found the box. "Thanks guys." Xiumin left quickly.

Chen followed his hyung out the door, but stopped in the door frame, "Don't forget guys... Room 4 is suppose to be weird." He left before Kris could throw anything at him.

 

"Honestly, Tao." Kris rubbed his face, "Everyone's so hyper today. I doubt we'll get any sleep." He shrugged and began to read Tao's romance novel with him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

The evil masterminds turned to each other to give themselves a high-five. "That was a really good cover, hyung." Chen complimented the bun. Xiumin bowed graciously and thought for a second.

Then he spoke, "So wait, Chen, after leaving all that stuff in there, what do we do with it?"

Chen chuckled and patted Xiumin's arm, "This is the beauty of two. When we are ready to prank, one of us will do all the technical stuff while the other is the field operative. This is all very serious business, my friend. You get me?"

Xiumin nodded with an evil grin.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

All the lights were turned off, and Kris was fast asleep. However, in the dark, the younger member was having an even harder time getting to sleep. Any little creak in the bed, or clash of lighting and thunder had him quivering under his blankets. Tao had learned as a child to leave the door open when he sleeps, in order to let the bad spirits out and the good spirits in. Even though the door was wide open, Tao was beginning to think there were no good spirits in this house at all!

Tao could have sworn he heard a ghost after one particularly loud crash. It seemed as if it were crawling from the hallway into his room. Kris had groggily told him he was just hearing things, but Tao was just a little too superstitious to believe his man.

Things didn't get really weird until he heard the door creak open just a little bit more. When Tao looked up, the door HAD moved ever so slightly. After that, Tao was done. He sat up straight in bed and the his bed side lamp.

"Tao...." Kris groaned, once again being woken harshly by his love. "What is it now?"

Tao was forcibly crying, he was shaking violently and his knees were drawn to his chest. All he did was point to the door.

"What? What is it? What am I looking at?" Kris asked. He was trying to be annoyed, so he kept his glance from Tao.

All the youngest could do was squeak out, "The door..." His eyes widening when the lights flickered for a moment and then everything turned pitch black.

"Ah, geez." Kris growled, hopping out of bed, only wearing boxers and a black wife-beater.

"NO DON'T!" Tao screeched, yanking Kris back into the bed. The tall man stumbled backwards and hit his head on the headboard of the bed. "Sorry, but it's too dangerous!" Tao reasoned.

"Ow.. Tao." Kris huffed. "The lights went out. We have to go make sure all the members are okay. We have to get the lights back on somehow, too." Kris pleaded with the panda.

Tao, being ever so stubborn, shook his head, "No. I SAW something come into our room, and you're NOT stepping off the bed until I deem it safe!"

Kris huffed and laid back down on the bed. "Okay. We'll stay, happy?" Kris was getting very irritated at this point, but he realized there was not much he could do in this situation.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

At this point currently, Chen was hiding under Kris and Tao's bed. Xiumin was fiddling with the electrical wires connected to the mansion, and all the other members were in their respective rooms.

The lights in Tao and Kris' room AND the hallway had been cut, thanks to none other than Xiumin. Chen whipped out his mini I-pad and made sure to set it on nightlight mode (lest he leave a light source in the room). He quickly texted his partner.

To: Bun-Hyung

'Ready with that voice message?'

 

Xiumin sent a quick message back.

 

To: Dance Machine

'Do it, Braddah!'

 

Then he sent a sound bit, for Chen to play on his I-Pad.

The moment Chen clicked 'play' a dreadful, quiet noise of creaking, moans, and what sounded like words were all mashed together in an eerie message that just screamed haunted. Xiumin had really out done himself.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

Kris, who was getting ready to go back to sleep, sat up immediately. To say the least, this new noise spooked him, and he couldn't tell where it was coming from.

Tao had stopped breathing altogether. He whipped his head around the dark room, trying to see ANY thing, but he just ended up knocking his head against Kris'. "What is it say?" Tao asked, barely speaking in a whisper.

Kris shook his head, too frightened to say something, but still trying to keep his cool for Tao. He cleared his dry throat and asked with a shaking, yet loud voice, "What do you want?"

Tao latched onto Kris and cried, "I want to go home!"

"Not you! The ghost, silly panda." Kris put a hand on Tao's back.

"AH! KRIS! IT'S GOT ME! 'm gonna die!"

"It's just me, you ding-dong. Now hush."

During Tao and Kris' little spat, Chen had texted Xiumin and was now ready with the next sound bit. In a raspy whisper, the 'ghost' said, "Blood. So much Blood. And Fire. So much fire!"

Tao sobbed in Kris' arms. "It's a vampire ghost. It's going to drink our blood, then burn our bodies!"

The leader of EXO-M grew pale, "What if it's just a maniac ghost and wants to see us bleed, and then burn us alive?!" Tao and Kris held onto each other just a little bit tighter.

Then the noises stopped.

"Did it leave?" Tao asked, glancing around, forgetting that the room was pitch black.

"Tao..." Kris spoke quietly. He kissed the top of Tao's head and went on. "If we die, I'm glad the last person I see is you."

Tao hugged back and sobbed harder. "Me too Kris! I love you so much! If you somehow make it out of here alive... and I don't... I want you to know that you are the most important person in my life... and I used your favorite shirt to dust off those boxes we found in the SM Ent. storage rooms."

"Well!" Kris was little upset, but he was glad to know what happened to his shirt. "As long as we're confessing, I should tell you what I did when we were trainees... We all were scared of you, 'cause you kept to yourself, and stuff. We wanted to see what you would do when you were mad, so the guys paid me to snap your wushu stick..."

"Oh my god! It was you!.... oh crap..." Tao grew pale. "Remember how you told me it was Kai?" Kris nodded. "Well I... took his dog and replaced it with a dog that looks exactly like it... then I sold his dog on Craig's List for $1,000 to a girl from Canada and I bought myself a new wushu stick and a motorcycle with the money. Then I put something in Kai's food to make his voice hurt, and we had to hold off recording for a month..."

Kris also grew pale, "Well... ."

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Chen was trying his best not to laugh. Not only had he managed his goal of making Kris scared, he had also gotten the two to confess things like that! (potential blackmail information!).

He quickly texted Xiumin.

To: Bun-Hyung

'Duuudddeeee~~~ We have GOT to get Tao in on our pranks. He's a master! XD'

 

Xiumin was down in the 'control room', eating pork buns he had brought for the filimg, laughing his off. Suddenly, he got another text from his partner in crime.

From: Dance Machine

'Hyung! They just fell asleep. Got any ideas?'

 

The oldest member of EXO laughed and just texted back.

To: Dance Machine

'I don't care what you do! Just step it up!'

 

Chen knew the two were light sleepers, but he took pride in the fact that he was the sneakiest of all the members. He crawled out from under the bed to one of Kris' bags that he had messed around with before. When he found what he was looking for, he stood up and made his way to the bed.

As quietly as possible, he cut a small piece of duct tape, and put it on Tao's mouth. Then he put little ear buds in Tao's ears. He pulled out the rope and tied Tao's hands and feet together. Chen gave himself a pat on the back for not waking the maknae.

He began to walk over to the Kris' side of the bed when he heard a loud main vocalist from a few doors down. "Ah! Chanyeol!"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Kris was awake in a second. "Was the Baekhyun?" He asked Tao, who he noticed was not responding.

He went to touch his maknae's when he heard Baekhyun moan again. "Baekhyun!" Kris yelled. "Don't move. I'm coming!"

The heroic leader leapt out of bed and dashed down the dark hallway.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

'Thank you, Baekyeol." Chen spoke to himself as he put a blindfold on Tao. He violently shoved Tao off the bed, making him fall to the floor, waking him up. However, because of his constraints, he was unable to hear, speak, see, or move.

Chen was glad he had been lifting weights recently, because Tao was neither light, nor cooperative. He swung the younger over his shoulder and looked out the door into the hallway. Deeming it safe that Kris was yelling at Baekhyun and Chanyeol, he dashed to his and Xiumin's 'secret' headquarters.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Ah! Chanyeol!" Baekhyun screamed before a psysco Kris had come into the room.

"Baekhyun, is Chanyeol alright?" Kris open the door and began to search the dark room for any of his dongsengs.

"Um...." Chanyeol's deep voice spoke back. "I'm fine... I think?"

"Then why the hell was Baekhyun yelling your... oh." Kris blushed in realization. Also at the fact that Baekhyun and Chanyeol were probably at it right now. "I'll... um... ok." Kris walked out the door, quietly saying, "Use a ." Before he left.

 

"Tao... I'm so sorry to leave you," Kris spoke, entering the room, a little surprised Tao never heard the loud scream. "I'm here, now, though..." He touched the blanket that was wrapped around Tao. Then he realized the blanket was empty.

Immediately, Kris panicked. "TAO!" he yelled. Screw vampires. Screw ghosts. Screw life! He WAS finding Tao, and if ANYthing got in his way, there would certainly be a problem.

The leader let out a deep-chested growl which evolved into a roar. "I don't care WHAT you are!" he stated. "But if you don't give Tao back, I'll find a way to bring you back to life so I can send you to hell myself!" Then he punched a hole through the wooden wall.

He had managed to break a few fingers, and he earned a cut that traced from his thumb to his elbow, which would unboubtebly leave a scar. He grabbed a thick belt and harshly whipped it around his thin waist. He tore out a plank of wood from the wall, and using a match he found in his bag, set the plank on fire for a source of light.

Using his free hand, he shoved a few of Tao's martial arts weapons in his belt, picked up Tao's wushu stick, then began his hunt for the beloved maknae, and whatever poor soul had decided to take him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Kyungsoo groaned when he heard a loud crashing noise and a few screams coming from down the hall. He shook Kai awake. "Kai... KAI! Did you hear something?"

"Baby, it's okay. I told you, Chen is playing a prank on Kris. Either Chen's doing a really good job, or Kris found him." Kai rolled over to go back to sleep when he noticed a glow coming from the hallway.

They heard loud feet stamping their way down the hall as well. "What's going on?" Kai wondered aloud.

"Kai... do you smell something burning?" Kyungsoo scooted closer to Kai.

"Yeah..." Kai narrowed his eyes and put an arm around Kyungsoo.

Suddenly, Kris jumped into the room like a madman. Kai and Kyungsoo screamed as if they had just seen slenderman.

Kris' tired, blood-shot eyes looked like those from a dog with rabies. The blood which had dripped from his cut had left a nice trail from his room and was now drying and cracking on his arm. His make-shift torch was dangerously close to the walls of the wooden house. The fact that he had several deadly weapons on his person, and was holding a wushu stick that he had no idea how to use, did not make Kyungsoo and Kai feel any better.

Kris used all the strength in his arm to slap the long wood rod on the floor before yelling in a loud, raspy, almost sickening voice: "WHERE'S TAO?!?!"

"Dude! I don't know!" Kai yelled, almost peeing himself.

Kris let out a long, blood-curdling yell before stalking out of the room like an angry dinosaur that hadn't eaten or slept for weeks and had just found it's whole family dead in a tar pit.

"Why do I have this strange feeling that EXO will have 10 members after tonight?" Kyungsoo asked, trying to calm himself from the shock before going to sleep again.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Tao sat on a chair in the kitchen, the new 'hiding' spot for the devilish duo. his arms were folded, and his legs were crossed. "Listen, hyungs..." He began. "I appreciate you guys trying to pull a prank on Kris, but I feel like he's not gonna take this very well..." Tao tsked his band mates.

"Aish..." Xiumin groaned, "This seemed like such a good idea at the time, but after hearing that yeti scream, I'm not so sure." He pushed back his already gelled hair and looked at Chen.

"Well..." Chen said taking out his phone to text, "A good pranker should always know when they're in too deep."

"Who are you texting?" Tao asked.

"The manager." Chen dead-panned.

Xiumin winced when he heard Kris yell from the top of the stairs. "I'm gonna kill you SPIRIT!!!!" Then take the grand stairs five at a time.

"Kris, I'm in here!" Tao shouted.

"Shiiiiitttttt..." Chen hissed.

"Why would you do that?!" Xiumin yelped.

"TAO!" Kris yelled, finally reaching the kitchen.

"OH MY GOD!" the three screamed in horror of Kris' appearance. In the light of the kitchen, they saw Kris' shirt was torn, blood-stained, and covered in saw dust from punching the wall. His hair looked as if he had just woke up and his foot was bleeding as well. Probably from stepping on the splintered ground with no shoes or socks. All of these were just the icing on the cake of his maniac form. Torch, busted hand, wushu stick, weapons, and all!

"Chen and Xiumin?" Kris asked. His eyes were wide, as if they were never going to close again. He sounded as if he were drunk. "Did you do this?" He shot them a glare.

"Nope." Chen half yelped, half squeaked.

"Sometimes..." said Xiumin.

"Maybe a little.

"Just a bit."

"Not much."

"Just everything..."

"Yeah, we did all of it."

"Guilty as charged."

They both looked at each other, then Kris, then said "Sorry," in unison.

Kris waited for one moment before yelling one of his primal gorilla belts, and beginning to walk toward Xiumin and Chen, dragging his bad foot behind him.

The two screamed like little school girls and almost started running away, when they heard someone enter the room.

"Chen, I don't think that text was very necessary. I just followed the trail of blood, the smell of burning wood, and the sounds of screaming children to find y'all." The manager tapped his foot on the ground. "Oh, Kris, will you PLEASE put out that torch. And you're gonna hurt someone with that stick if you don't put that down as well!"

Kris dropped the stick, and blew out the torch. Then as if someone had slapped him awake, he said, "AHHHH! MY ARM!"

"Now, that's what you get for blowing things out of proportions." The manager put the stick in Tao's hands and turned to Chen and Xiumin, "And you two! I know this is your fault... Don't you look at me like that! It stopped raining, so I want the three of you to go get in the car. We're leaving!"

The manager turned to Tao and said "Go get Suho, and tell him to get everyone ready to leave." Tao nodded and left the room.

The older man rubbed his face and said "I'm SO getting fired for this. Either that, or we're never taking a field trip ever again!"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Goodness, Tao. What happened?"" Suho asked, walking around to all the members and making sure they were getting ready to leave.

"Let's just say, I think I found something that scares me more than ghosts..." He shook his head, trying to forget the image of crazy Kris.

"I'm just glad I got a video of the whole thing!" Kai smirked as he re-watched the video taken from his I-phone once again. It was only the short clip from when Kris smacked the wushu stick on the ground to when he stalked out of the room hissing, but it was enough to make the members who hadn't seen be afraid for the rest of their lives (or laugh hysterically).

"I think it's safe to say that prank back fired on us..." Lay pouted, debating whether to sleep with a bible for the rest of the week or not.

"ANYWAY!" Luhan interjected, "Let's get out of here before any REAL ghosts show up!" They all agreed and practically ran out of the large house.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

As the car pulled out of the driveway, two transparent figures floated above the roof, watching. One was a small girl, the other a slightly older boy.

The sun began to rise, illuminating the outline of the house. The girl turned to the boy and said in a wispy voice, "They were certainly a fun time, weren't they, brother?"

The floating transparent boy nodded and said in his own quiet voice, "Yes, but if they EVER show up again, I'm moving to Rio."

The little girl laughed as they floated back into the old, time-frozen house.

 

 

 

 

*******DONE! That took me forever to type up! Thank you all  for reading the whole thing. I know it's pretty slow in the beginning, but I'm still learning how to be a good writer!

 

Happy Halloween everyone!********