Chapter Twelve: Payphone

Small Bump

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

"Now you are gonna be a good girl, right? Eat this crap and make that baby healty okay!" Jia shouts every word louder.

"Why are you even feeding me?" I look flat to this rusty tray of meal infront of me.

"You see miss Choi, you'll be living in about six to seven months time in hell. That inside of you will give us a great money! So don't give a to choose right now!" she laughs oh-that-feeling-ever-evil-laugh as she closes the door leaving us three inside in a ray of sunlight.

"Unnie, oppa pali!" I push aside the tray for them to share.

Instead, they are still cuddled to each other looking puzzled at me.

"Look, dear. Eat all you can. You're feeding for two" Victoria doesn't look in to my eyes.

"You need it." Changmin pushes it back to me.

"As she said, make the baby healthy" he added

"What? Which side are you in, me or her?" Surprisingly I shout in desperation. "What do you think of me? Letting all of us stay in underground room with these... rats and cockroaches?!" I whisper feeling betrayed.

I can't put my baby into this. My dad cared for mom when she was pregnant of me. And yey! In my place, I'm not.

"We are sorry dear." it was all their reply as they sat still.

I would never, ever want someone to do something for the best of me when they haven't though for theirselves.

I mean, who would ever want to?

It gets dizzy every minute passes and the high temperature will make us combust anytime. Crazy room. Whenever it hits night, it becomes freaking cold.

"Hey, sorry soo. It's just that Victoria must go on what's needed first." Changmin-oppa makes an indian-sit beside me.

"I understand, but I can't let you guys hunger because of me"

"She is a doctor after all" and he smiles.

"Anyways you are lucky"

"That I am"

"I am jealous"

"That I got someone new?" he teases... and so 'old'

"Like I even did"

"Okay okay, I know. Somebody... that Kresh or something loves you. He does. Who wouldn't love someone like you who have many faces." Yes, he understands. This is buddy Changmin always there at my side, for me.

"I think I'll end up growing small bump on country sides" I smirk weakily.

"You are still the one headstrong Sooyoung though"

"Best bud, I miss you!" I pushed him by my sides.

"and the hyungs misses you too!" he pushed me back and this time, he wiggles like a teen.

"They do? Everyday I miss you all" I squeal.

"Yeah yeah and Yoochun-hyung keeps on bugging me to let you see him. See soo, you were dumb for not knowing that he has feelings for you! How many times will I tell you that?" Oh! He goes back to the high-school days.

"Hey isn't it supposed to not care about it since I was in a relationship?"

"Fine, fine. Maybe you are right. I haven't been in a childish fight for long."

"Lucky for you that Victoria-unnie made you mature now" I tease

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"This. This is because of you that she left!" Siwon holds the note infront of my face.

"Bastard!" he kicks me once more after a punch before leaving.

I get it! All I want now is her to come back without in the hands of that witch. All I want is for them both to be safe!

Here I am outside the gate of my house, laying effortlessly. I stare up in the sky wondering where she is. Look sooyoung! You are killing me time to time. Please come back...

I heard steps getting closer to me, rushing as I can feel they've seen me.

"Hey what happened?" Chen lifts me

"Are you okay?" Jessica covers

I shake my head like a hopeless child.

"Guys, hyung's in blood. Carry him!" Magically, Kai cares for me.

"Hyung, who did this to you?" Xiumin shakes me

"You wouldn't want a revenge if I will tell you who" I laugh weakily with reasons to.

They start to lift me up but I say no. "Hey, they need all of you inside. Leave me alone. Let me be" I pull my body away from them laying again in the hot cement.

Neither of them talks, and eventually they go.

And in their backs as they scatter, I can visibly see Yoona, Luhan and Chanyeol standing there.

Expect the worse Kris. Good luck for a hell life.

"Hyung... what have you done?" Chanyeol reaches for me, looking below at me. I can feel the smother sadness in his voice. Sorry for disappointing you all, really.

I make myself to stand expecting the usual.

In my surprise, he didn't make a move to even touch me or worse, beat me again like the last time. Instead, he walks backwards fading in my view making the couple left.

Yoona kneels and spanks me in a nanosecond. "I told you didn't I?!" she pushes me heavily and runs away for the others. Laying again and again for the third time.

So it makes Luhan alone with me from where I didn't anticipate his punch. I cover my face recovering from all the worn out.

Maybe Chanyeol made him to do it. Funny because it's impossible.

"I have nothing to say" he kneels level to shake me making me lay for the fourth time again. Is there anything better than this?

Now you see my life would hurt without you, Sooyoung. I need you! The sun above me makes my eyes close. I can see redness and darkness and all.

Why'd I done those things to her? All I wanted was a happy life whereas Sooyoung is happy also.

I was thinking and considering children not in this age. But, right now I wish I could hold my son. I hope he's safe.

Oh please let my child be safe!

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

"Please I beg you to let go of them first" Changmin-oppa calls all his guts to.

"Please, please I beg you! let unnie and oppa leave out of this. They've done nothing to you." maybe they got it wrong, they need me so let the someone get out of this.

"U-uh, they are a big help for this plan " Jia slams the door after throwing the meal

"I give up. I give up." Victoria-unnie hushes at my back. Oh, please no!

 

Night is inferno once again. I am freezing to death. I can't sleep, I can't move!

"Arghh" Victoria-unnie shouts What is it this time? I can't find oppa anywhere.

"Ergh, what?!" the face guy bursts into the room.

Then, Changmin-oppa grabs his shirt lifting it above making him blind. He makes all of it tying him behind. The two of them struggles and oppa also had a hard time covering his mouth at the same time binding him.

The scene makes me chill through my veins.

"You better run..." unnie pushes me without looking.

"Run..." Changmin-oppa said abit louder with his eyes wide.

"Run!" unnie finally urged to push me and one thing straight to my mind is going out of that damn door and get some help.

I don't know where I proceed to. I remember bird chirps, dog barks and somewhat construction when I was dragged while blind folded.

There, there! The same dog I heard before barks at me as he jumps to the unreached fence. I'm close.. I'm close.

I find myself facing railway. Oh, a payphone! I run to it and I am relieved to be touching the phone itself.

One important person in my mind to call first.

"Hello?" he answered!

"Kris! Its me, sooyoung!"

"Sooyoung-" his voice ashens but this needed to be fast, this is emergency.

"We're kidnapped in a warehouse and a school infront of it names St. Nicholas..." I can feel my legs shaking from nervousness 'cause I don't know how many words I can speak right now. 

"I know, I know. We'll be there fast-" he assured compasionate.

"And Kris..." I cut him and finally time took us for a moment with him.

"I love you too summer, I know." Kris voice's softens. Oh my! He stole my unspoken words.

Then, noise of brakes behind me turns on, and I know for sure I'll be captured once again.

"Listen, I love you." and that's it. I hang up without hearing his reply. He knows and I know that we love each other. Done.

"What the hell did you do?!" it's not Jia. I lazily put back the phone to its stand and turn to them lifeless.

An old woman appears infront of me. Wait, isn't she the same woman I saw who accompanied Jia? One hell Jerk Family.

I raise my arms in annoyance. "I am here" I give out.

"Bring her" again, the woman commanded and ofcourse the poor guys tied me up again.

We went inside of their car while I'm blindfolded. Jia and that freak keeps on shouting to each other. What sooyoung? You look like the dumbest mother for not worrying about what will happen next.

"We're here" They pull me outside the car and go somewhere indoors. When they finally got rid of the cloth upon my eyes, I saw Changmin and Victoria fastened from their backs and this time, their mouth are covered with complicated fabric.

! Why aren't we back in that creepy-yet-better-than-this-place? I see a hospital bed, hospital trays, hospital gowns, hospital cuffs, hospital lights... and most of all - the hospital equipments.

I get it. This was what they wanted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We've tracked them with cameras installed public sir, and they're heading... north. In-"

"Changmin! Appa let's go there!" Siwon rushes his words as if known to him

Who is changmin?

"Hyung, everything will be fine." Kyungsoo comforts me.

 

Before the car could brake, we got out of the car fast and I feel adrenaline over me. Oh, I feel something terribly bad. Securities head in and push the door first and theres the scene.

That witch is holding up her knife with blood. Sooyoung... sooyoung! She's laying helplessly on the bed crying.

, what will I do? 

I ran fast to her side pushing away the blocking others. But then- Panggg!

A loud thunder hits my brain. Someone had just hit me. I feel dizziness all over. It hurts. Even in my becoming-blury visions, Sooyoung managed to leave the bed to kneel level with me still crying.

No... don't!

"Kris, you are okay! You are okay!" she calms me down through her tears.

My body forces to weak me at a small time.

"You are fine, baby is fine. I love you" and I close my eyes and I can't take it anymore.

"I love you too!" it was the last thing I heard.

Her voice... her voice...

 

The girl keeps on running,

"Excuse me?"

"My mom said that I must not talk to strangers"

"You're an ajumma" hahaha, this girl is funny.

"You are old" Oh? Am I?

This girl is scary maybe I'm gonna go.

"My mom said don't talk to strangers too"

"Then maybe I am your friend!" she shouts happily. This girl is weird and scary.

"Ok"

"Wait, what's your name?"

This girl keeps on changing her faces. I've never met someone my playmate like this.

"Uhm, I am Kris."

"Let's play then!" she pushed me to a wall still her hands on my shoulders. She is a girl, opposite to a boy - like me.

"Count now" she made me face the wall.

I heard minimizing volume of shuffles behind me. I don't know how many seconds will I count but nevermind.

"5,6,7..." Counting is hard.

"Ajumma girl, where are you?"

Phew! Hey, where is that skinny girl? Too bad her beautiful violet dress would be ruined. Well, I guess I better leave because I can't find her. Maybe we should play next time because she is good at it. 

That girl is one different.

I'll tell Mom that I met a playmate today.

Oh, right! I have an assignment. Maybe I should leave.

 

 

 

 

 

 

silver-divider.gif

I bet me myself as an author would be proud of this story HAHAHAHA

But I'm sorry if there are some happenings which you don't or might expect Sorry!

Please look forward for the next chapter :) o.o

PS Ask me anything if you're confused

 

xoxo,

rina