I'm Just Breathing

I'm Just Breathing

It was April 3. . . . .

 

The sun shone brightly over the busy city of Seoul, sounds of cars and laughter could be heard on the streets. Different stores and food stands could be seen, with people coming and going in all directions. As for the young couple, Eunhyuk and Donghae were shopping for Eunhyuk's birthday present.

 

"Anything you like Hyuk?" Currently looking at some toys to fill their 5 year old minds, Donghae held Eunhyuk close to him, wanting to avoid anything bad from happening.

 

"Mmmm, nah nothing here"  Walking out of the store, they went out to get some ddubokki passing various other stores.One particularly catching Donhae's attention.

 

 

"Yes one order of ddubokki please ahjumma."

 

"Aigoo, you guys are so handsome."  Flattered by the ahjumma, the boys thanked her and began to eat, while enjoying the smell of different varieties of food being cooked in front of them and some girls passing by giving them the eye. The boys didn't mind because they knew that they were only meant for eachother.

Finishing there quick snack off with some strawberry milk, they made there way to a nearby park, taking a rest from a full day of shopping. Quickly they found a bench and sat down hands interwhined with eachother. They sat in silence, a warm silence as they felt the rays of the sun kiss their skin. The city was a busy place, and sitting down with the beauty of nature with the one you love couldn't get any better. Eunhyuk closed his eyes and took in the scent of flowers and the cool breeze.

 

"Hyuk? What are you doing?""

 

"I'm just.......breathing"

 

"Ohh"

 

"Hae, when do you think I will stop breathing?"

 

"When  I say so."

 

Opening his eyes, Eunhyuk looked at his boyfriend and gave him a slight smile.

"Ok then, I will stop breathing when you say so."

 

"Promise?"

 

"Promise, cross my heart with my soul."

 

Suddenly Donghae, remembered about Eunhyuk's birthday present, and quickly went back to the store that caught his eyes before.

 

"Hyuk I'll be right back, stay ok, it will be really really fast."

 

"Mmm, hurry and come back."

 

After some time, Donghae was finally making his way back to the park admiring the gift he got for the little monkey, then putting it into his pocket.

 

"Hyu.....k.  Hyuk?" Scanning the area of the park, red sirens caught his attention. Unintentionally he walked over, feeling his body break down with every step he took. Coming closer he finally saw what happened, a car accident, but what made it worse was that there was a familiar body there.

                                                                                         Hyu...k Hyuk ...........HYUKKIE!!

The younger male ran towards the lifeless body, his tears mixing with the small puddle of blood on the ground. Paramedics quickly took grasp of Eunhyuk's body and laid it on the stretcher. Donghae got off the ground and noticed Eunhyuk's phone on the ground, looks like he was texting to someone.

To':My Little Fish
From: Hyuk Hyuk


 Hae~~~ I wanted some ice cream so I'm going to go buy some, you want some keke ^^   love........


"You" Donghae finished the unfinshed sentence as he felt fresh tears starting to form in his eyes but before letting it fall he got in the ambulance.

 

~~11:30 p.m~~

Crys were heard, pleads were heard, prayers were heard, but all was useless it was to late. Eunhyuk's parents and his friends all gathered in to the room where the young male was laying. Donghae sat next to bed Hyuk's hand in his, as he just stares at the male. He wanted to yell, scream, cry, wanted to have him back., but all he did was sit quietly as he listened to the others crys.

~~11:55~~

"U...um-umma" Donghae finally spoke up.

"N-neh?"

"Can I have some time alone please?"

"Of course dear" Like so Eunhyuk's umma and everyone left the room. Tightening the grip of Eunhyuk's hand he stared at the peaceful body.

"Hyu-hyukkie, you know its almost 12:00 it's almost your birthday. You know you lied to me. Promising me that you won't stop breathing until I say so, how can you be so selfish?" Hearing his own voice he let out a small chuckle because he sounded so idiotic right now, but he just continued. "You promised me Hyuk, why do you make promises you can't keep? Telling me you won't stop brething, yet look at this." He stopped and pulled out his phone and checked the time 11:59p.m, he stared at his phone untill it reached 12:00 a.m then he put it away.

"H-happy birthday to you, hap-py birthday to you, happy birthday to my little monkey,h-happy birthday to you." Finishing the song with tears flowing down his face he took out a box. Opened it and inside contained a ring and a  bracelet which was specially engraved for him.

~~ My Hyukkie Happy Birthday! ^^keke I'm happy that you were born this day. You mean the world...no more than the world to me, and as you promise you can't stop breathing yet. I really really love you my monkey, I wouldn't know what to do without you. Forever your love Hae <33~~


Reading the message over again, Donghae felt pain in his heart, stabbing him like a stake. He took Eunhyuk's hand and put the bracelet on his wrist and placed the ring on his ring finger..

"Since I can't propse to you later........ will you marry me Lee Hyukjae?" There was no response but he took it as a yes. "I promise Hyukkie, I will not love anyone else, you are my husband and always will be, and I will keep this promise."