~Ende~

~Azure Eyes~

 

The next day, when I woke up, 3 lavenders were tied together was left in front of my doorstep.  My eyes became blurry again because only he knows my favourite flower.  I thought he had forgotten all about it. 

 

Days and nights went by just like that. Without me realising that it is almost a year since he has left for war.  But still, his presence around me is so strong that there is not a single day that I forgotten about him. 

 

The war has ended but I don’t see him anywhere.  Maybe he has settled down at his own country, married or something. The thought of him marrying other girl makes me want to smack myself hard.  Why did I let him go just like that?

 

Then, winter has come by again.  The people around me have prepared many things for themselves and couples also can be seen all around the town.  The scene of them holding each other’s hand, giggling and stares at each other made me felt a pang of jealousy at them.  Once again, after a year and a half, I decided to take a walk again in the forest.  I never go to the forest after Ludwig has gone for war because I’m afraid that the memories with him will suffocate me.

 

Ein, Zwei, drei, vier, funf…” I heard a voice as I was walking in the forest. Wait! It can be… I rushed towards the voice location, leaving the sad feeling away.

 

I rushed as quickly as possible.  When I reached there, I saw him. The blonde-haired guy that I have always remembered. I covered my mouth to prevent any sound came out because I knew that my tears will fall anytime by now.  “Sechs, sieben, acht, neun, und zehn” he finished counting his sit-up training.

 

Ludwig Beilschmidt turned around and smiled.  He went towards Aiko who was trying desperately not to cry out.  He stopped and pulled her towards him.  “Cry all you want Aiko-chan.  I’m sorry that I did not come and see you immediately after the war.  I’m sorry that I leave you for too long and I’m sorry that I make you cry.” I cried and cried a lot after he said that.  His arms around me sure made me feel at ease.

 

“Ich liebe dich, Aiko-chan.” He said to me after wiping my tears, which I could not understand it.  “What does it means Ludwig-san?”.  His face becomes redden suddenly and he searched for something in his pocket before explaining its meaning to me.  “Aiko-san… Do you still remember the day that I left you?” I nodded, “but, Ludwig-san.  I could not grasp anything that you said at that time because you covered my ears tightly.”

 

He took a deep breath and said, “Ich liebe dich means I love you.  I want to make you hear that word before I leave but I was afraid that I could not make here back alive again.  That is why I covered your ears.” Before I said anything, he cut me, “So, without any hesitation.  I want you to be my gemahlin and be beside me until the very end.” He took my hand and placed a ring with a diamond  which has the same colour as his eyes, Azure-blue.  I nodded and whispered, ‘Until the end’ to him who was waiting for my answer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

p/s: Gemahlin means wife.
        Ende  means end in germany^^