One Way to Save an Angel

Into Your World. [Minho/OC]

Never thought the first chapter would be up this soon, but who's to deny inspiration when it hits?

I hope you enjoy~


“Minho, if you don’t hurry up, I’m going to leave you.”

“What did I tell you?”

Amber pouted and kicked at a lonesome pebble laying in the grass by her feet, “I’m not allowed out of your sight for any reason whatsoever.”

It may seem like an odd demand to any other person, but it was honestly a mutual agreement and he meant what he said. Minho didn’t allow her out of his sight for the slightest second, unless she was showering or using the restroom. Although, he would tend to sit on the floor of the bathroom while she was in the tub or shower, playing a game on his phone or playing some music while he waited. In any other circumstance, Amber definitely would have found it to be creepy, and she knew that she should have, even with Minho, but a gigantic part of her refused to even think that way. After the incident last semester, Minho was going to make sure that he never came so close to losing her again.

The dark-haired male smiled and kissed her forehead, tossing the strap of his duffel bag over his shoulder. She lightly shoved him away when he hugged her, both of them laughing softly.

“You smell! Don’t hug me.”

He hugged her again, laughing heartily when she pushed him away again.

She pouted, looking up at him and pointing an accusing finger at him, “You. Are. Stinky. Cut. It. Out.”

“What do you expect after a soccer game?”

“For me not to smell like I was the one playing.”

Minho shook his head and took her hand, “I’ll hug you again after I take a shower then.”

She gripped his hand a little and nodded, smiling, “Okay. That could work. As long as you don’t use that Axe. It smells just as bad.”

He nodded, grinning and leading the way back to their dorm room.

~~~

“I don’t want to go,” Amber whined, attempting to cling to the last sheet on her bed. All the others had been tugged off by her oaf of a roommate that was determined to get her out of bed by any means necessary. His current method being to simply pick her up and toss her over his shoulder. She couldn’t hold on for long and the sheet ended up snapping back to the bed. She kicked her legs, using every excuse she could to try and get him to put her down.

“I have to go to the bathroom.” “I need my glasses.” “I need to get my sweater. I’m cold.” “Stop! I don’t have any shoes on.” “Let me brush my teeth or something. I have to make sure my breath is okay from dinner.”

“I’m not leaving you here.”

“Aren’t you tired from your game, anyway? Just stay in tonight.”

“The team is going out to celebrate. As the captain, I can’t let them do that without me, right?”

Amber nodded, pausing and then shaking her head, “No, I guess not. Captain Choi has to go support his team.”

Minho chuckled and nodded, “Stop pouting. You’re cheeks are going to get stuck puffed out like that.” She stuck her tongue out at him and relaxed until he put her down.

As part of their agreement of her never leaving his sight, he also dragged her everywhere, sometimes literally. It didn’t matter if she was too tired to go. He had no problem with carrying her to the car to go back to campus, up the stairs and down the hall to their room, etc. If she had to study for an exam or just had homework to do, he made sure that she had the space and time to get it done. To an outsider, it would probably look like a guy watching out for his sister, or cousin, or someone else close. To those that really knew them, everyone knew it wasn’t a “family” kind of feeling. Whether the two noticed or not, everyone, especially Minho’s friends, could tell that there was something really serious there. Something powerful. A tie that couldn’t be broken by any means.

Of course Minho felt that she was probably highly irritated with him sometimes for how he nagged about how she always had to be by his side, but that awful little feeling would completely disappear the second that he would see her smiling. Ever since the agreement, she didn’t realize it (he definitely did), but she smiled more. Genuine smiles at that. The kind of smile where you can see the happiness reflected in the owner’s eyes.

Minho leaned back against the door, watching her get her shoes on. She looked up at him for a moment. She just smiled and he couldn’t help but to smile back. She went back to putting on her shoes and then stood up, slipping on her hoodie. “All ready,” she raised her arms like a little kid waiting to be picked up. He knew what that meant. That was her silent way of asking if he could carry her on his back.

He squatted down and let her climb on, wrapping her arms around his neck. She rested her chin on his shoulder, “It’s okay if I fall asleep, right?”

“I won’t stop you.”

~~~

Two hours into the party and Amber was fast asleep. Her head was laying in Minho’s lap as he sat on the couch in one of his teammates’ apartments. Minho looked down at her, slipping her glasses off and hanging them on the collar of his v-neck.

“I’m beginning to think you’ve fallen in love with her,” Skye, the apartment owner, grinned, handing his team captain a drink.

Minho smiled and shrugged his shoulders, “That wouldn’t be such a bad thing, would it?”

“No, I don’t think so,” the green-eyed male stated, smiling brightly, “Don’t worry. I won’t tell.”

“You don’t have anyone to tell anyway. I’m the only one you really talk to on the team.”

“There’s no surprise there. We came here together after all.” Minho and Skye shared another laugh.

Everyone else had already left fifteen minutes ago, so the two relished in the silence for a while. Skye was the first to break it, “I knew we ended up at this school for a reason. You saved her...”

“I don’t know...” Minho looked down at her again, tucking some of her hair behind her ear, “I’m beginning to think that maybe...Maybe she saved me.”

Skye smiled warmly, “Remind me to thank her then.”

~~~

Minho was carrying her back to their room. She’d woken up at Skye’s apartment, asking if they could go back and Minho was quick to grant her request.

“Why did Skye thank me when we left,” she asked, looking over from the passenger’s seat. Her best friend simply shook his head, grinning to himself.

His big, brown eyes were on her again as he carried her sleeping form through the threshold of their dorm room. He went to lay her down in her bed, but she clung tighter to his neck. He looked at her curiously and tried again, but she refused. Her eyes opened a little and she frowned, “Is it okay if I lay with you?”

“I don’t mind,” his smile was soft.

She smiled back, pressing her face back to the side of his neck, smiling a little more when she felt him chuckle. He set her down on the side of her bed so the both of them could get ready to go to sleep. The second he pulled away his covers, she was standing at his side, waiting for him to get in first.

Minho held an arm out to her after sliding under the covers. Amber slid in, pressing up against his side and laying her head on his chest. After he pulled the blankets up over them, she pulled that same arm to wrap around herself.

“Sleep well,” he told her softly, kissing her forehead and resting his chin on top.

“Sleep well,” she stated in return, whispering almost, her eyes already closed.

He smiled to himself, hugging her to him and closing his eyes. “I always do, thanks to you~”


Was that too shot for a first chapter? It seemed kind of long when I was typing it in my documents.

Anywho~ How was it for a start?

.../stops asking so many questions/ Oh, and I thought of "Angel" again throughout this chapter. I just didn't listen to it this time. It was in the back of my head though because of listening to EXO so much lately.

~AmbieAssassin ^^