Noona Neomu Yeppeo

Noona Neomu Yeppeo

Today you had gone shopping at the mall and as usual, headed straight for the CD store. As you walked in, an absentminded young boy accidentally bumped into you, dropping his things.

“Sorry!” You both exclaimed at once.
“Let me help you.” You offered.

You knelt down and helped the boy gather his fallen belongings.

“Thank you, noona…” He trailed off as you locked eyes.
“It’s no problem.” You smiled as you continued into the shop.

He stood there for a moment, a little bit stunned.

“Noona’s really cute…” He thought to himself.

When he exited the store, he didn’t get very far. He sat down somewhere out of the way and called his hyung.

“Hello?”
“L.Joe-hyung, are you busy?”
“No, not really. What’s up?”
“I need your advice. It’s about a girl…”
“Oh, I see. Where did you go? Did you meet someone?”
“I went to the CD store. When I was leaving, I bumped into this girl. She looked like she was only a few years older than me and she was so pretty…”
“So ask her out! I’ll talk to you later.”
“Bye, hyung.”

As he hung up his phone, he saw you walking out of the store. He casually tapped you on the shoulder to get your attention.

“Noona, I’m sorry for bumping into you earlier. Could I take you for bubble tea to make it up to you?” He asked cutely.
“Sure! We can go to that little café near the food court.” You suggested.

He walked you over to the café, courteously holding your bag for you. He sat across from you and uncomfortably stirred the tapioca.

“So what’s your name? Mine’s Changjo.” The boy said.
“I’m ______. Have you ever heard of Teen Top? The maknae’s name is also Changjo. Come to think of it, you look a lot like him too.” You said, attempting to make conversation.
“What if I told you I was him?” Changjo suggested playfully.
“Oh really? Prove it.” You joked.
“Okay. Who do you like best? And if it’s me, then who do you like second best? I’ll do a video call with him and he’ll tell you.” Changjo said.
“Then call L.Joe.” You told him.

As soon as you said the name, he began dialling.

“Hi again, hyung! I hope you don’t mind that it’s a video call this time.” Changjo smiled brightly at his phone.
“Of course not. What’s up?” L.Joe asked.
“I’m on a date and she doesn’t believe that I’m Changjo. Can you tell her that I am?” Changjo laughed.
“Is it the girl you were telling me about before?” L.Joe asked.

Changjo simply nodded and handed you the phone.

“Wow, she really is pretty.” L.Joe remarked.

You smiled at the compliment.

“Anyways, that really is Changjo and I really am L.Joe. He’s not lying to you.” L.Joe laughed.
“Okay, I believe you now. You’re Changjo.” You chuckled as you handed the phone back to Changjo.
“Thanks, hyung. Bye!” Changjo waved.

Changjo put his phone away and the two of you chatted for a while as you drank your bubble tea.

“Noona, do you like SHINee?” Changjo asked.
“Yeah, why?” You replied.
“Because…Noona neomu yeppeo~” Changjo sang.

You talked for a little while longer until you finished your bubble tea. Changjo awkwardly poked at his last few tapioca pearls as he fumbled around in his pocket.

“Should I ask her for her number?” He wondered anxiously.

When he noticed you watching him, he immediately put his hand back on the table.

“I had fun today, noona. Did you?” Changjo asked with a smile.
“I had a lot of fun, Changjo. I liked hanging out with you.” You smiled back.
“So then can I…c-can I have your number? Maybe we can do this again sometime.” Changjo asked nervously.

He tentatively slid his phone across the table to you. He tensed up and you could see the anxiety in his eyes as you made your decision. You picked up his phone, handing him your own.

“Only if you give me your number too.” You smiled.

Changjo eagerly took the phone and saved his number in it. He couldn’t stop smiling as you returned each other’s phones.