Chapter 2

I Changed You

‘Do you want to go out with me?’ you asked.

‘Ask him to go out with you.’ Niel looked up, scowling. ‘I’m kind of busy today, anyways,’ he said, and continued doing his work.

‘Seriously, are you sick?’ you asked, and touched his forehead in concern.

‘Hands off, I’m not sick. I’m just sick of—’ He stopped when he saw Chunji enter the class.

You slowly removed your hand from his forehead, confused, because you never thought that he would speak like that to you.

‘Hey, what are you guys talking about?’ Chunji asked as he entered the class and sat on your table. Chunji then tilted his head and looked at Niel. ‘You look different,’ he said, pointing to Niel, ‘I thought you knew nothing about current fashion because I always saw you with your big glasses. And your hair is better than it was before.’

‘Don’t you have any work to do? Such a—’ Niel said angrily.

Chunji stood up and grabbed his collar. ‘You—!’

‘Stop it!’ you shouted.  ‘Chunji, you should leave. I don’t think this is a big thing to argue about.’

Chunji let go of Niel’s shirt and looked away, then shoved his bangs back and left without another word.
____________________________________________________________________________________

‘Give me something to drink,’ Niel demanded, taking a seat near the bar counter.

‘Here.’ A man at the counter gave him a glass of clear liquid. ‘Where’s your partner?’ the man asked him, because he didn’t see anyone with Niel.

‘I came here alone.’

‘Hey, wait, are you a minor? I’ve never seen you before.’

‘Hey, you don’t know anything about me. Watch and learn.’ He took a sip of his drink and got ready for action.

‘Excuse me,’ he said, approaching a girl that was busy dancing with her friends.

She looked her friends and they all agreed with it.

Niel danced with her and smirked at the man near the bar counter.

Suddenly, something caught Niel’s eye, and he turned around to see what it was.

‘Niel! What are you doing here?’ you stammered.

‘Ah Ra?’ he asked, and removed his hands from the girl.

You left the club and ran. You cried non-stop, walking alone down the quiet alley, with no idea where to go.

____________________________________________________________________________________

‘Chunji, why was Ah Ra at the club?’ Niel told him through the phone.

‘What?’ Chunji was shocked when Niel told him that.

‘I don’t know but I think I saw her,’ Niel continued.

‘Where are you right now?’ Chunji asked and Niel told him.

‘Stupid! Do you know what are you doing? Such a useless kid…’ Chunji hung up the phone.

‘What’s wrong with him? I told him the truth and now he’s mad at me?’ Niel mumbled.

____________________________________________________________________________________

‘Puffy-ya, stop crying.’ Chunji sat near you, patting your head. You hugged him still crying.

‘I know it hurts, but maybe he didn’t know,’ Chunji said, trying to calm you down.

‘But he shouldn’t have to do that. I studied very hard every night to be smart like him. I like him, I love him and I tried to be the best for him. I tried to spend more time with him.’

____________________________________________________________________________________

The day of your and Chunji’s date.

‘Do you want to be my girlfriend?’ Chunji asked you.

‘I don’t mean to hurt you, but I can’t accept this. I only see you as my brother. Moreover, I already have someone that I like, but that person is not you. I’m sorry, oppa.’

____________________________________________________________________________________

‘He did this to me after all I did for him. I changed him so that people wouldn’t look down on him anymore, but I didn’t know that he would change himself like this. He’s not the same person that I used to know.’

‘Ah Ra!’ Niel called. ‘I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I really didn’t. Please, what you saw just now was just a misunderstanding!’ he said, taking your hand.

‘Yes, a really big misunderstanding. I shouldn’t have believed you and liked you at the first place. I hurt people around me because of you. Go, go away! I don’t want to meet you. I hate you!’ You pulled your hand out of his.

‘You better go. She needs some time to think.’ Chunji said.

‘But–but…’ Niel still wanted to say something but he stopped as he looked at Chunji’s shirt, wet with your tears.
____________________________________________________________________________________

‘Ah Ra!’ he shouted.

Forgive me please you read on the cardboard that he’d wrote on.

Should I tell him about it? Nah, he doesn’t need to know about this, right?

Every day he waited for you in front of your house, begging for forgiveness.

He stopped his bike right in front of your house, but once he got there, he saw something wasn’t right.

‘For Rent?’ he read the notice board on the fence.

She left without telling me?

Niel quickly ran and asked your neighbors about it.

‘Do you know where she’s gone?’ he asked them, but he still didn’t get any positive answers.

‘Chunji, do you know where Ah Ra’s gone?’ he called Chunji, still not giving up on looking for you.

‘She didn’t tell you about this? She went to Busan this morning. You can’t catch up her, her flight left two hours ago.’

‘Oh thank you.’ Niel said and sighed, kicking his bike tire in frustration.

‘Aww~ it’s hurt.’ He clenched his teeth and brushed off his leg.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Two months later~

‘Hello! Ah Ra~ I missed you so much!’ L. Joe hugged you.

‘Enough, enough.’ You pulled him away and took a seat.

‘You look prettier than I thought.’ He pinched your cheek.

‘You’ve changed a lot too, you look a lot more handsome than before.’

~~~~

‘I wish we could meet together again later.’ L. Joe smiled and got ready to leave the cafe.

‘Yeah, same here. Take care.’

‘Ah Ra!’ Niel breathed heavily after entering the café.

‘Huh? You?’ You stumbled in shock.

‘I really regret what I’ve done to you. It was my fault. I’m a coward, but after you came into my life, you changed everything, and brought me up. Can you take my hand one more time? I’ll never make you cry again. I promise to do it better than before. Please forgive me. I love you,’ he begged, kneeling in front you.

‘What’s wrong with him?’ L. Joe looked at you.

‘Please break up with this guy.’ Niel continued.

‘What the hell is this? I don’t understand. What’s really going on right now?’ L. Joe asked you.

‘Stand up. All the people around us are looking at you. He’s not my boyfriend. He’s my old friend from when I was little.’

‘I should go, bye…’ L. Joe turned around and left.

‘Why you didn’t stop me and tell me earlier?’ Niel stood up with some difficulty, since people still stared and looked sharply at him.

‘Let’s get out from here.’ Niel pulled you outside. ‘It feels like my whole face going to burn and it’s really hard to breathe,’ Niel laughed.

‘Is it true about what you said to me?’ You tilted your head.

He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck and nodded.

‘Can you say it one more time?’ You smiled.

Niel paused and pulled you a little closer to him, making you blush hard.

‘I love you’ he whispered and you beamed.

~~~~

‘But I still don’t know how you knew I was at that club before,’ Niel said.

‘Oh, it’s because of my friend. She told me that she wanted to celebrate her birthday there. Can we talk about something else?’ you asked.

‘Okay. Now, since you are my girl, can I get a kiss from you? Please.’ Niel pouted.

‘You~!’ You pinched his nose.

‘Please~ here.’ He pointed at his cheek.

You look around and kissed him, but then he moved to the side, shocking you.

You gasp, it’s not his cheek but—

 

********************************************

Thank you for reading ヾ(@^∇^@)ノ

(ノ≧∀≦)ノ Hope you guys enjoy the story ~~~~~