Chapter 2

Cry For Me

 

Dongwoo was known as a heavy sleeper said to even be able to sleep through an earthquake. However, strangely he was awoken relatively easy by the continuous loud banging caused by his dongsaeng. Stumbling to a sitting position, Dongwoo let out a yawn and stretched his arms and legs outwards before pausing. Tilting his head to the side, he glanced curiously down at the strange noise that accompanied his stretching.

Gingerly picking up the heavy and rusted metal between his fingers, Dongwoo’s eyes widened upon the realization of the object he was holding, ”Chains?” Before he could further dwell on the situation, a familiar shout caught his attention.

“Yah! Let us out of here!”, snapping his head toward the sound that woke him up, Dongwoo’s eyes further widened when he realized it was coming from a frantic Sungyeol.

“Sungyeol-ah!” Dongwoo shouted with a relieved smile. Thank goodness, Sungyeol was alright. When Dongwoo’s eyes first landed on the unconscious Sungyeol at the empty road, he remembered how his body went rigid and cold. It only became worst when Sungyeol awoke and began gasping for air that was unwilling to provide him with the nessessary oxygen.

Feeling tears gather in his eyes, Dongwoo darted to his feet, his arms spread wide, and ran toward his dongsaeng, paying no heed to the clinking sounds caused by the chain attached to his ankle, “Sungyeol-ahhhhh!! You’re okay!” he shouted, enveloping Sungyeol in a hug from the back.

Unfortunately, instead of receiving a hug in return, Dongwoo was harshly pushed away, “Aish, Hyung! We don’t have time for this!” Sungyeol agitatedly exclaimed, focusing his attention back to banging on the doors and shouting his lungs off.

“But Yeollieee! I was so worried! I thought you were gonna die!”

Sungyeol paused in his banging to face his Hyung and give him a confused look, “What are you talking about, Dongwoo Hyung? Why would I die? How did we even end up here?!”

Giving Sungyeol an incredulous look, Dongwoo grabbed his shoulders, “You don’t remember?”, he asked with concern.

“Remember what?”

Before Dongwoo could begin explaining, another voice snapped both of their attention toward a corner of the room, “It would be great if the both of you can quiet down. I’m trying to think here.”

“Woohyun-ah!” Dongwoo grinned, releasing his grip on Sungyeol’s shoulders, “How long have you been awake?”

“Not too long before you woke up” Woohyun replied, standing up and wiping the dust from his hands and pants. He slowly made his way toward his two members while Sungyeol resumed his shouting and assault on the doors.

“Are you okay, Woohyun? That hit you got on your head isn’t too bad, is it?” Dongwoo asked in a frenzy, already bending Woohyun down to check the swollen bump on the back of his head.

“I’m fine. Anyway Hyung, don’t you find anything strange?”

“Strange? What do you mean?”

“Well...” Woohyun directed his gaze toward his clothing, a black tank top with an ed denim shirt along with jeans, which in turn caused Dongwoo to do the same to himself. “...these weren’t the clothes I remember we were wearing when we on our way to Gayo Daejun”.

Glancing down at his attire, Dongwoo realized he was wearing a white t-shirt that had dirt smudge on it (most likely from Hoya struggling with him and knocking him unconscious) and little rips on various places of the shirt. The same could be said about his jeans as well and the sneakers which he always tried to keep clean, now owning some scratch marks and dirt on it.

Glancing at Woohyun’s clothes, he realized they weren’t in good condition either, which was strange considering how much he valued his clothes. Turning his attention to the occupied Sungyeol, he saw that Sungyeol was also sporting a sleeveless gray shirt with ripped jeans.

‘...what the hell happened to their stage clothes?’

“You’re right” Dongwoo gasped, his head snapping up to share a bewildered look with Woohyun. Another gasp escaped his lips when he finally realized there was something very different with Woohyun’s face.

“W-Woohyun-ah”

“Hm?”

“Your face...”

“Why? Is there something on my face?” Woohyun asked, his hands palming his face before he felt something foreign on the far right of cheek. Lightly brushing his fingers against the area, Woohyun felt his breath catch in his throat. Feeling the area again, Woohyun’s eyes widened. The area was tender and had a slight bump around it. It felt like a long jagged line dragging from his right ear down to his chin.

“H-Hyung...what do you see?” Woohyun asked, his husky voice dangerously low while his eyes displayed nearly unrestrained panic. Dongwoo hesitated to answer, which caused Woohyun’s anger to spike, “Hyung!”

“T-there’s a...a long scar on your face, Woohyun-ah” Dongwoo answered, his voice shaking.

“Hey! Let us out of here!” Sungyeol’s shout could be vaguely heard in Woohyun’s mind. However, he continued to remain in shock at the revelation made by his Hyung. A scar? A long scar? That couldn’t be possible. He didn’t remember having any scar! He can’t have a scar! Especially not one on his face! He’s an idol, for god’s sake! What would happen if the CEO saw this?!

The loud sound of the doors pushing open startled the three Infinite members resulting in each quickly running away from the metal door to avoid getting hit.

“Finally!” Sungyeol shouted and to Dongwoo and Woohyun’s shock he began to charge toward the entrance, shrugging off the hands that tried to stop him. “Those freaking kidnappers! I’ll teach them a lesson for messing with Lee Sungyeol!”

“Wait! Sungyeol-ah!” Woohyun shouted, immediately sprinting off after his friend. However, he quickly stopped, noting that Sungyeol did as well, when he saw the two figures at the entrance of the room.

“Sunggyu Hyung, Hoya” Woohyun breathed out in dread.

“I thought I told you not to call me Hyung” Sunggyu growled, his voice as icy as ever with a tinge of anger. Woohyun avoided eye contact since he was still shaken up from his last encounter with this Sunggyu that seemed like a stranger to him.

On the other hand, Sungyeol was in a state of complete confusion, his mind unable to comprehend why his two Hyungs were here and giving them such harsh looks. It was a look that he wasn‘t used to seeing on his fellow members’ faces. “What...? Sunggyu Hyung and Hoya? What are you doing here? Ah! Were you kidnapped too? You’re here to save us!”

Dongwoo who was behind Sungyeol grabbed onto his arm, pulling Sungyeol away from the duo, and slightly behind him. “Sungyeol, don’t move or say anything. It’s dangerous” Dongwoo wasn’t planning on watching as his dongsaeng suffered again while he was helpless to do anything but watch. He wasn’t planning on letting Sungyeol out of his grip or sight.

Dongwoo shared a look with Hoya, his eyes narrowing when Hoya stared at him coldly. This wasn’t the Hoya he knew. “Who are you?”

“We’re the ones asking the questions around here, “Dongwoo”.” Sunggyu spoke and Dongwoo couldn’t help but notice the mocking tone he used when saying his name.

Before Dongwoo even realized what had happened, Sunggyu had rapidly strode across the short distance separating himself from Woohyun and grabbed him by the neck. “Now answer me; What have you done with our Woohyun, Dongwoo, and Sungyeol?”

----

Here is the second chapter! Comment and tell me what you think so far! Some feedback would be nice ^-^