Your Smile is the Best

Special Friends

”Alright, nap time!” the teacher said to the young children of 3-4 years old, “go get your sleeping mats and lay them down in the next room, understand?”

The children nodded and replied together, “yes, teacher!” Yixing, a shy 3 year old, went to get his sleeping mat at his cubby while his friend, Luhan, a 4 year old, went to get his own. Once Yixing and Luhan got their mats, they went into the next room. There they set their mats next to each other and laid down, facing each other.

“Sweet dreams, Yixing!” Luhan said to his friend, smiling. “Sweet dreams to you too, Luhan!” Yixing replied, nodding and the 2 boys turned away from each other, falling asleep.

After about an hour, Yixing woke up. He realized that the other children had gone out to play and that only he and Luhan were the ones left. He turned to Luhan and saw he was still asleep, his back towards him. He got up and sat next to Luhan, gently shaking the elder’s arm.

“Luhan,” he softly said, trying to wake him up. He didn’t wake.

“Luhan!!!!!” his mother exclaimed in tears, being dragged away by mysterious people in black cloaks. “Mother!!!!!!” Luhan yelled back, reaching for her hand. But it was too late, she disappeared into the dark. “Father, father!” he yelled to his father, pulling his sleeve. He didn’t answer back. Luhan turned his father around and saw blood coming from his father’s closed eyes. Luhan in shock, ran away crying. “Why is this happening? I don’t want this!” Luhan said to himself as he ran.

Yixing, seeing that Luhan wouldn’t wake up, got up to sit in front of Luhan. As he sat, he saw tears trickling down Luhan’s closed eyes. Yixing tilted his head and thought to himself, “Luhannie, are you having a bad dream?” and patted his arm, trying to wake him up again, “Luhan!”

“Luhan.”
Luhan heard something call his name but didn’t want to look back. He didn’t want to see anything, either good or bad that was behind him. After what he just saw, he just couldn’t look.

Yixing sighed, “Luhan, why won’t you wake up?” Then he remembered a story. He remembered that a princess wouldn’t wake up until she was kissed. Yixing shook his head, “No, I can’t do that,” and looked at his friend. He saw more tears come out of his eyes. “Luhan,” he whispered, and quickly looked around to see no one was around and pecked Luhan’s lips.

“Luhan!”
Luhan, now sitting in a dark place, felt arms around him. They were warm and he knew this touch.

“Yi-“

“-xing?” Luhan woke up, clinging to Yixing’s sleeve. He was trembling from his terrible nightmare and Yixing, knowing how scared he must be, hugged him.

“What’s wrong, Luhan? Did you have a bad dream?” Yixing asked, patting his back, trying to comfort him. Luhan buried his head into Yixing’s neck while he nodded.

“Oh,” Yixing made an ‘O’ shaped with his lips and thought of a way to comfort his friend. Hm… oh I know what will make him happy! Yixing told Luhan that he would be right back and got up to get something.

“Here,” Yixing handed Luhan a Rubik’s cube after looking for it. Luhan, yet only a 4 year old, had a quick mind and was able to solve Rubik’s cube. He always wanted to beat his best time which was 2 minutes.

“What do I do with this?” Luhan asked after accepting the cube.

“Solve it! Here I’ll time you,” Yixing smiled. Luhan nodded and gave the cube to Yixing so he could mix it up.

“And… start!” Yixing said as soon as he gave the cube to Luhan. Yixing watched as Luhan began solving and was amazed that he got one side completed in about 15 seconds, teasing him that he should just give up.

“Done!” Luhan exclaimed, holding up the completed cube. Yixing took the cube to take a look at it.

“Ah! You missed one!” Yixing pointed to one square, it was completed, but he just wanted to .

“Eh? I did?” Luhan took the cube to look, “you liar! It’s all done-” Luhan was then cut off by a big bear hug from Yixing, “w-what?” he asked, puzzled.

“You feel better now, right?” Yixing asked. Luhan was confused, but then remembered about the dream. He shook his head, trying to get the image out of his head.

“Mhm!” he nodded, “Thank you, Yixing!” he smiled.

“That’s good, I don’t like you being scared and sad. I like you smiling,” Yixing smiled.

Luhan nodded, “Okay!” he looked around and realized the other kids were outside playing, “Yixing! Let’s go play outside!” and got up.

Yixing got up as well, “Okay!” and the two went outside, linking arms and giggling over little things.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you guys like it ^^ Leave your comments below and I shall continue with chapter 7, I need motivation guys