Final

Only Hope

“Lu Han, did you heard about the stage to showcase our talent?” “I even heard that SM entertainment is coming to scout a few talented ones back!” exclaimed Se Han excitedly.

Lu Han was known to be the best singer in the school while Se Han was the best dancer in the school. However, Lu Han and Se Han family situation and background was the complete opposite. Lu Han was very poor, his father was ill and they need a lot of money.

In school, everyone was talking about how becoming an artist with SM would brings them fame and richness. That’s was what Lu Han needs now, and he is going to work hard to achieve what he wants.

As predicted, Lu Han was selected and invited to join SM entertainment. Lu Han was on cloud nine, not only could he get money to treat his father’s illness, he can also achieve his dreams of becoming singer.

After being sent to Korea for training, Lu Han loses all his freedom. He had to trained every day from 8-12, he can’t contact his parents and his friends. He was confined to a small room with all his needs, but there were no television, no handphone and no computer. He was like a prisoner with no freedom, a bird being caged and a man trapped on a deserted island.

Although, he was suffering, he trained very hard every day for the sake of his family back in China as they needed the money. However, months of being tortured, there were still no hopes for him to debut. His morale was decreasing day by day, just like a soldier being defeated in a war. He had no motivation to continue. He did not even know how his parents were doing back in China! No matter how much he beg, even to the extent on going down on his knees, the company, having no empathy, refused to let Lu Han call his family.

Lu Han a cheerful young man in China, was like a walking zombie in Korea. He was like a robot, doing anything and everything that the company had expected him to do. He was thinking for a solution, to contact his family, to get his freedom back. The only way was death. There were no other ways for him. He was too poor to afford an air ticket and his passport was with the company. By being dead, his family had one less concern, one was trouble. By being dead, he wouldn’t have to suffer anymore.

Like a bird, he will fly. Like a bird, he will get his freedom soon. He was not hallucinating. He can see a bright light in front of him. He can see an old man with an opening arm awaiting him to come. He can sense a better future coming. No more suffering, No more pain Lu Han.

The next day, the manger found Lu Han on the ground with a pool of blood. He was dead. He finally got the freedom his was yearning for. At last, all pains and sufferings had comes to an end. Lu Han had got his freedom…..

 

10 October 2011

Dear Dairy,

Life being a trainee was hard. I felt like a bird being caged. This feeling is suffocating. However, this is all going to end today. Everything will be fine at last; I am getting the freedom I want.

Lu Han