I Bet That We Will Be Together

I Bet That We Will Be Together

“Sungmin!!~~~” Yesung whined as he jumped on the pink boy who was busy preparing breakfast, giving him a bear hug from behind and planting a kiss on his cheek. Sungmin blushed deeply, but covered his face before the elder could see. Yesung was never such a touchy-feely person, but these few days he had seem to adopt a habit of being really intimate with Sungmin.

 

And only Sungmin.

 

Well, not like Sungmin was complaining though. Although his feelings were never evident, he has been loving the little turtle for years now. But he was never sure about how Yesung felt.

 

Perhaps he did feel the same way for Sungmin too, Sungmin thought as he settled down on his seat after serving all the members their breakfast; Yesung bouncing into the seat beside him.

 

Sungmin eyebrows furrowed as he spotted Heechul, Kyuhyun and Donghae sniggering and staring at him. What the hell is their problem? From the corner of his eye, he noticed Yesung glaring at them.

 

“What’s wrong Yesung?” Sungmin asked. Yesung turned to face him in surprise, and gave a cheeky smile replying “Nothing.”

 

With Yesung’s assurance, Sungmin did not bother with the anymore. Ignoring their sniggers and smirks after every intimate act on him by Yesung, and their exchange of glances with the turtle. Sungmin didn’t care at all.

 

Since Yesung had claimed that nothing was wrong.

 

And Sungmin will believe him no matter what.

 

Oh how naïve was he.

 

Sungmin whistled in his cute voice, as he grabbed his towel and a change of pink clothes. As he was about to head out of his room, he almost bumped into Yesung who had whizzed out of Donghae’s room.

 

“S-sorry Minnie!!” Yesung stammered and ran passed Sungmin, disappearing from the hallway.

 

Something was not right.

 

Suddenly, Sungmin caught a few soft voices coming from Donghae’s room which Yesung had just escaped from. They were talking softer than usual, but were still loud enough for Sungmin to hear, who had tip toed towards the door that was left ajar.

 

“He lost the game again.” A voice which Sungmin had identified as Kyuhyun could be heard.

 

“Man, I love the idea of betting in a card game!” Donghae’s voice followed, “But I don’t get why he always picks Sungmin.” Donghae continued.

 

“Who cares? It is just so hilarious to see him do what we say. This time, seeing him slap Sungmin’s unexpectedly will be the funniest thing on earth!” Heechul’s evil laugh echoed in Sungmin’s head.

 

Sungmin fell to the ground. He was stunned by the words he overheard. He held onto his shirt, clenching it so tightly that his knuckles turned white. Sungmin was trembling. He felt hurt…

 

And slowly… boiling anger was flooding him.

 

He was used in bets? So… all those intimacy from Yesung WAS BECAUSE YESUNG LOST IN BETS?! Sungmin realized how stupid he was; to even have the thought that Yesung might like him cross his mind.

 

“Damn that stupid lovable turtle freak!!” Sungmin muttered through gritted teeth as he picked himself up from the ground, and stomped into the bathroom, giving the door a huge deafening slam. Moments later a shout from Leeteuk could be heard.

 

“NO SLAMMING OF DOORS IN THE DORM!!!!”

 

Later that day, Yesung did slap Sungmin’s . But this time, only glares and fury could be seen on the rabbit’s face, which stunned Yesung. The three guys were also taken aback by Sungmin’s reaction. They never expected that the aegyo boy could put on such a serious and scary face. Yesung stared after Sungmin who stomped into his room after giving Yesung the death glare.

 

What’s wrong with Sungminnie?... Yesung wondered.

 

Sungmin slept early that day. He did not want to see anybody, especially Yesung. He ignored Kyuhyun who invited him to play Star Craft with him; he did not reply to Ryeowook when the boy asked if he would like to go shopping with him; he failed to appear at the dining table when Leeteuk was screaming the house down, calling him to dinner.

 

Sungmin regretted not having dinner in the end. The clock struck 1 am and Sungmin’s stomach was growling. Kyuhyun’s bed was empty. Must be sleeping over at Ryeowook’s room again, Sungmin thought. Deciding that he have to get something to eat before he faint due to starvation, Sungmin crept out of bed and tip toed into the kitchen. Grabbing a bag of cookies from the cupboard, Sungmin sat on the chair and started enjoying his after midnight snack.

 

Strange…

 

There was a ray of light emitting from the gap between the floor and Donghae’s bedroom door. Soft laughter and whispers could be heard in the silent dorm. Sungmin knew immediately what was happening behind those doors.

 

Another game of poker.

 

Sungmin crept towards Donghae’s bedroom, till the conversation between the voices could be heard clearly.

 

“My gosh Yesung you lost again!!” Kyuhyun laughed.

 

“Seriously, are you that bad at poker?!” Donghae questioned.

 

“I…I…” Yesung stammered.

 

“Shhhh!!! Are you trying to wake everyone?!” Heechul hissed, and the other three members immediately kept silent.

 

“Okay… now time to decide what you have to do again!” Donghae whispered.

 

“Hyung, can’t you choose someone else instead of always picking Sungmin? I pity Min~” Kyuhyun sniggered. That did not sound like sympathy at all, Cho Kyuhyun, Sungmin thought bitterly.

 

“What to do… I know!! Yesung… this time you have to… Kiss Sungmin on the lips!” Heechul clapped his hands together.

 

“WHAT?!” all the other three members shouted, including Sungmin was flabbergasted at the words uttered by the evil Heesica.

 

“Shhhh!!! Did you hear that?” Heechul hushed the members.

 

. Sungmin had quite a loud reaction after hearing Heechul’s words, which Heechul must have heard. He scurried back into his shared room with Kyuhyun, and just right as he shut his door, Donghae had stepped out of his room and stared around for a moment, before returning into his bedroom quietly again.

 

Sungmin was breathing heavily as he leaned against the door. What was he going to do? It will be a dream come true if Yesung did kiss him. But he did not want it to be over a stupid game!

 

Stupid Heechul and his crazy ideas.

 

The next day, Sungmin avoided Yesung. Whenever Yesung headed towards him, he will immediately exit the room. Yesung was starting to get frustrated, and the three men could not help but groan when Yesung failed in performing his punishment.

 

Sungmin started to relax after being successful in hiding from Yesung for almost the whole day, as he headed towards his room to grab a change of pajamas. While choosing between the set of pajamas with rabbit printing or the other with turtle printing, Sungmin did not notice his bedroom door opening and closing.

 

“WAAH!!” Sungmin yelled when he felt someone’s arms around his waist. He was spun around and horror to hell, it was Yesung.

 

“Min~~” Yesung cooed as his grip on Sungmin tightened. He moved in closer but was stopped by a pair of hands on his chest. Sungmin was pushing him away. They both struggled, Yesung pulling Sungmin closer using his grip on the rabbit’s waist, and Sungmin trying to get out of the hug.

 

“What’s wrong Min?” Yesung asked; his hand slithering up to Sungmin’s back, and using a bit more force he managed to pull Sungmin flush against himself. Yesung did not wait for Sungmin’s reply, and was about to aim for Sungmin’s lips when…

 

“WILL YOU STOP USING ME IN YOUR BETS?!” Sungmin finally burst, just when Yesung’s lips were inches away from his. Yesung stopped, and pulled back to look into Sungmin’s eyes. The little rabbit was still struggling under his hold, and he was on the verge of tears. Yesung immediately loosen his grip, which allowed Sungmin to bounds backwards towards the cupboard trying to keep as much distance between them as possible.

 

“H-how did you-“

 

“I overheard it from Donghae, Kyuhyun and Heechul.” Sungmin replied before Yesung could finish his question. Yesung silently cursed under his breath that he will make sure he beat the living hell out of those three idiots later.

 

“S-Sungmin…”

 

“DON’T SAY ANYTHING!! I hate the fact that you use me in your stupid games with them!” Sungmin shouted as he ran his hand through his hair.

 

“Look Sungmin, I-“ Yesung stepped closer to the rabbit, trying to calm him down.

 

“How stupid was I?! To even think that you might like me?! I mean, who will like me anyway, I am just-“

 

“LOOK!!” Yesung yelled as he pushed Sungmin against the cupboard with his hands holding onto Sungmin’s wrists, and pinning them against the cupboard door. The pink boy immediately fell silent, letting out a soft whimper at the sudden loud outburst from the elder.

 

“I… could’ve won. I actually could have won every card game that I played with them… but I didn’t…” Yesung softened his voice, his eyes on the ground.

 

“Ha. As if anyone will believe that.” Sungmin snorted.

 

 Yesung let go of Sungmin’s wrists, and crossed his arms, “Fine. Let’s play a card game then. I will prove it to you.”

 

“Fine!” Sungmin puffed.

 

“AND, let’s play it the way I did. If you win, I promise never to use you in any of my silly bets, and never to bother you again.” Yesung continued.

 

“S-“

 

“But if I win…” Yesung interrupted Sungmin, “YOU will become MY boyfriend.” He finished his sentence, smirking at Sungmin who had his mouth wide open. Sungmin blushed, and shuffled his feet. Yesung stared at the cute actions by the rabbit and couldn’t help but smile.

 

“F-FINE!” Sungmin replied.

 

He did not believe Yesung could win him. Not when he had lost so many times.

 

Oh how wrong Sungmin was.

 

“I won.” Yesung threw his cards on the bed. Sungmin stared down at the deck, his mouth agape as he clutched the cards in his hands tighter than before. The game just started no longer than ten minutes!

 

No way…

 

He lost…

 

and YESUNG WON?!

 

“B-but… t-this…” Sungmin was silenced as the turtle dived down and pinned him on the bed, his lips pressing lightly on Sungmin’s. Sungmin melted into the kiss, and wrapped his arms around Yesung.

 

Yesung smiled into the kiss.

 

Heechul glared at the couple who were kissing passionately. Letting out a loud grunt, he gave his twenty bucks reluctantly to Donghae who stood beside him watching the scene.

 

Donghae laughed as he stashed the money into his pocket delightedly, whispering back to Heechul in a matter-of-fact way.

 

“Told you they will end up together.”

 

 

~fin~