Will love win out hate?

Love VS Hate {oneshot}

Sehun shifts his body, rubbing his back against the grainy sand. Ouch, because that hurt. He had fallen, they had fallen. He seemed to be the only body left moving, the rest were either still or twitching but those became still too quickly. Ouch, because that hurt too.

He got dragged right up on his feet, all the wind rushing out of him as the movement was too quick for him to recover from. Was he going to Heaven, or perhaps Hell, was this some invisible force sending him there? He closed his eyes, and felt all the wind rush out of him again. This time it was because he received a punch in the stomach. Doubling over, he was sent crashing back to the grainy sand as the "invisible force" let go of his hold on Sehun. A pair of army boots, worn out ones, came into his line of sight. What was this, was there some guy who died standing up and somehow remained standing? Wasn't that person, if there were such a person, denying the pull of gravity? 

It turned out to be a person alright, but this person was alive. Alive and kicking. Kicking as in literally kicking. Ouch, because that hurt. He focused and found the person, his soldier in fact, his mind just registered the uniform, kicking him in bursts of fury and then stopping to sob and yell at the same time. What the hell was he going on about? Oh, he was a cruel general-in-charge because he had just led all of his men to their deaths. Ouch, because that hurt. After a while, the soldier, Luhan, his sewn on name tag read, calmed down and began peering around. "General Oh!" He exclaimed all of a sudden. "I know where we are in the desert now, I can bring us out!"

Now that was news. The words rushed around in his mind like a train, slowly forming a rhythm, a melodious one. "But that I will only do on the condition that you carry me on your back! I'm tired, you see." That wasn't so melodious. He did however get down, with one knee on the grainy sand. They went around in this fashion, with Luhan pointing to "landmarks" such as, "you see that mound of sand over there General Oh? Go there and we'll turn left from it and continue making our way out of the desert General Oh!" Luhan shouted with such glee that Sehun couldn't very well not get a little shaken up on the inside. They could very well get out of this, this, there's no other way to call a desert. They carried on with their journey, and Sehun continued piggybacking Luhan.

...

Three days, as in three sunsets and sunrises, without food nor water. It was a miracle that they were still making their way through the expanse of "gold". Once again, Sehun knelt down to give Luhan a piggyback. No questions were asked on when they were going to make it out of the desert, it had become a routine in their short amount of time together to just trudge on and lay down when the sun set. Well Luhan didn't really do any trudging on, he just kept shouting with glee. That night, Sehun half fell while lowering himself to the ground to let Luhan off his back. Catching himself with his right hand, that too gave out under him and he collapsed to the ground.

On the fourth morning, Luhan was skin and bones and Sehun was no better. Looking down at his soldier, he realised what an angelic face was looking up at him. He was practically a boy, how did this angelic looking mere boy wind up being one of his soldiers? He felt something press against his hand and looked down to see a pouch. He removed the drawstrings and poured out its contents onto the grainy sand. Out fell a compass, water bottle and dry rations. What?

"I wanted to take revenge for my platoonmates oh General Oh, I was planning on making us walk in circles in this desert till we both succumbed to the heat and exhaustion and lack of food and water.. But you accepted my help, you even accepted my request. You didn't leave me to die there, you allowed me to be alongside you. You didn't doubt me, my potential nor my intentions. I realised my hate couldn't last any longer, you were too kind, you didn't give up hope on me, you didn't abandon me in the middle of the night. So here, take these and get out of this horrid place. Neither of us can stand it any longer if we were to continue together, and I've realised I've been too selfish. So here, accept one last thing from me, accept my one and only act of selflessness."