Giving Up

You're The One That Makes Cry [One Shot]

 

Mir slammed the phone down on the floor and collapsed along with it, his eyes flowing with tears. He couldn't understand anything anymore. All the words that were slammed into his head caused his headache to grow. He would never know why things became like they were. Everything had changed. Everything changed because of him. The sudden heart aching feeling was powerful and kept him on the ground. He had not the will nor the strength to stand as tall as he use to and because he couldn't he wondered if he ever actually did. Mir curled up on the floor and let his own rain fall from his clouded eyes until he was no longer conscience.

The sunlight peeked from the open curtains and blessed the broken man with warmth. He stirred, opening his eyes to greet a cold faceless room, alone. Turning his head towards the window a sigh escaped his cracked lips. It was another day, another morning containing withering long hours. Except, there was something different about today. He no longer felt a shadow beside him. No longer a hovering presence. No longer something to fear nor love. The aperition of something he held dear was gone. The thread had finally broken and in a way he felt free. He felt alone and suddenly the warmth had frozen over. He could only sense the cold.

Lifting himself from the floor he walked to his bed and sat down, picking up a small frame and staring down at the picture it held so tightly. Mir gripped on to the frame , a strong clenching feeling in his heart as he managed a small smile. Happiness was never something he actually held on to for long and he knew that. He had been to late to express himself correctly, to angry to apologize properly, and to full of fake smiles to muster a decent one. 

Keeping the frame in his hands he gently placed it into a box that had been hidden under his bed. Looking down at it for a moment he walked to his closet and scanned through his clothing, picking out all the pieces that didn't belong to him. He humored himself and put them on, hosting his own fair well fashion show. Mir chuckled a lonely chuckle as he folded the clothes and placed them in the box also, along with the gifts that were given. Closing the box, he picked up his phone and flicked it on, surprised it had survived the blow from yesterday. Slipping it into his pocket he picked up the box and headed out towards the dumpster, dropping it in and closing the lid. 

Hearing his phone ring, he removed it from his pocket and read the ID. His heart dropped but he kept his voice cheery as he picked it up. Masking his feelings from the other so he would never know that he had finally given him up.

"Mireu, I'm at the door, where are you?"

"I was just throwing out some trash. Be right there hyung."

Closing his phone he placed it back in his pocket, a hand sliding up to touch his heart as it began to beat violently from the stinging pain he felt. Sighing, he reassured himself that it would go away with time and to continue to wear the mask of happiness until happiness did come by once more.

Greeting the other with a smile he opened the door and walked inside. There conversation carrying on from last night, Mir acting as if his words were more of a blessing than a hardship. When asked about the missing frame Mir only smiled and began to explain how it had fallen and ruined the picture. Falling for his lie, the other nodded and planned to take another later on.

The rest of the day went on the way Mir knew it would have. The only thing he failed to shove beneath was the small tear that had stained his left cheek. Though the other had said nothing about it, it was evident within his eyes that he knew.