Happy Birthday, Jang Dongwoo

Birthday Killer †
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

✎ Sorry for the delay! I was too busy so I couldn't put the story up but now it's finished! I hope you guys enjoy this Halloween present, even though it's already late. Ehrm, I made an allusion to one of my current favorite TV series. keke. Can you spot and name it? xD Cutting down to business, enjoy! 

 


▬ Final Chapter: Happy Birthday, Jang Dongwoo ▬

 

“Ah, finally! I’ve been waiting for this day since three hundred and sixty-four days ago!” I shrieked as I stretched my arms as far as I could, eagerly trying to get out of bed. I looked over at the calendar that was hanging on the wall beside my bed and smiled.

Today’s the day.

“Whoo! Time to get this party started!”

With optimistic determination that this day would end as planned, I quickly headed towards the bathroom across the hall, ready to start the day with a nice, long shower.

 

“Dongwoo yah!” I heard my sister’s voice downstairs as I ruffled to dry my hair with my green towel.

“Neh?!”

“Hurry up and get down from there! We can’t wait all day ya know!”

“Arraso!” I replied back as I zipped up my biker jacket. After one last check in the mirror, with a bright smile, I headed downstairs with loud thumping noises due to my fervent actions, making the stairwell creak.

Weird. The stairs never creaked before. I shrugged the thought, thinking that since the house was getting old, it’s probably just normal.

I round about the house and went into the kitchen where my family was gathered, around the rectangular glass dining table. In the middle of the table was what I’ve been expecting…

My cake.

Suddenly, my family burst out into singing the ‘Happy Birthday’ song, with my mom on the verge of tears. Once they had finished, my mother suddenly went over and hugged me. Tight.

“Omma… I… can’t breathe…”

“Omona, my Dongwoo is growing up so quick!”

“Mom, Dongwoo won’t grow anymore if you crush- I mean, hug him like that,” my sister snickered.

Realizing what she’s been doing, she let go of her firm grasp. “Oops, mian.”

I glanced at the clock on the wall and realized that I had almost forgotten about something. “Oh! I’m going to be late!”

“Ah, it’s that, right? Be safe and come back home early, okay? We still have our dinner party this evening and the birthday celebrant can’t miss it.” My dad chuckled.

“I know.” I went over to get my keys and ran to the front door. “I’ll be back later!”

And with a swift move, I was riding my motorcycle to meet up with my friends for my birthday ‘party’ as how they describe it. Heh. They’re all so childish.

Lotte World, here I come!

 

══════ 

 

“What took you so long, man?” Hoya snarled as I came up to the group.

“Hey, don’t harass the guy. It’s his day today so go easy on him.” Myungsoo retaliated.

“Ready?” Sunggyu smirked, eyeing the entrance.

“Where are the others?” I questioned as I looked around, noticing that three of my friends weren’t on the scene.

“Oh, uh, Woohyun called me earlier that he’s still busy with the restaurant so he’s coming late,” Sunggyu said.

“Sungjong has to ‘study’ for his midterms,” Hoya stressed the word study, quoting with his fingers. Knowing Sungjong, he barely even studies for quizzes so what’s the deal? Maybe he can’t afford to fail this time?

“And Yeollie?”

“Sungyeol probably over slept… again,” Myungsoo shrugged.

“…”

“Welp! That means there’s going to be more fun for us!” Sunggyu let out a low laugh as he tried to lighten up the mood.

“But-”

“Don’t worry, Dongwoo, they’ll catch up,” Myungsoo nudged me as we went towards the ticket booth.

I was reluctant at first but knowing my friends, they have always been there for me so I should trust them.

“All right. Let’s go!”

 

══════ 

 

“Wah! That was fun! Let’s ride that again!” I pumped my fists in the air as the rollercoaster stopped. Sunggyu and I got out of the cart while Myungsoo was hanging onto Hoya.

“Still can’t control it, Myungie?” Sunggyu snickered.

“Shut it. One day I’m going to- blergh!”

“Eww! That’s nasty, man!” Hoya shoved Myungsoo to the ground and wiped off the slime all over his shirt. “Man, and I just got this shirt yesterday too~”

Sunggyu and I laughed hysterically as we casually strolled out the dock.

“Yah! Wait for me!” Myungsoo shrieked from behind. And of course, he was still clutching his stomach.

Keke.

“Hey,” Hoya began as he titled his head upwards, “is it just me or did the place get darker all of a sudden?”

Now that he’s mentioned it, we were probably too preoccupied having fun around the amusement park that we lost track of time. I glanced at my watch and to my surprise, it’s almost 10PM.

Snap. Family dinner.

“Sorry guys but I have to go,” I said as I quickly turned around and started to run.

“Yah! Jang Dongwoo! Where are you going?!” Sunggyu screamed from behind.

“Family dinner at 10! I can’t be late!”

“Just so you know,” Hoya said nonchalantly as he pointed to the other direction, “the exit’s that way.”

I stopped at my tracks and looked back. Oops. Eheh. I guess it’s been too long since I last came here that I’m losing my sense of direction.

“I-I knew that,” I replied as I rubbed the back of my neck.

“Yeah, right. Anyway, we’ll go with you.” Myungsoo added.

 

We finally saw the front gate a few minutes later and heaved a sigh of relief. We’ve been walking around aimlessly in the night, looking for the exit sign, but only the light of the moon aided us since the whole park was shutting down one by one. However, as we got closer and closer, something bothered me. It felt like something’s not going right. I stopped on my tracks and stared ahead into the dark abyss.

“Hey…”

“Hmm? Why are you stopping, man?” Hoya smirked. “I thought you were going to be late? The gate’s right there so-”

“That’s the problem.”

“Huh?”

“It’s locked.”

“Dude, that’s so not cool. If you’re trying to scare us-”

“Hoya, look.” Sunggyu pointed to where I was currently staring.

At that time, all four of us looked through the same direction. The gates were padlocked and there was even a sign, “Do not enter,” plastered on the gate. The only things that you could hear were the ominous sound of the ruffling trees and the creaking of the gate as it swayed back and forth because of the whispers of the cold, night wind. Dead leaves were circling everywhere as they danced around us, leaving us baffled at the sudden luck that we have encountered.

“What the hell?” was all Hoya could muster.

“Yah, should we call 911?” Myungsoo asked as he began to shiver.

“Hey, is this supposed to be a joke?” I let out a small laugh. “Okay guys, thanks for the birthday present but you all know I can’t handle these things.”

“What are you talking about?” Sunggyu raised an eyebrow.

“Didn’t you guys prepare all these tactics? If you’re planning to scare me, then your job is done so ple

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter