one

Something I Should've Told You Earlier

Don't go.

 

"Lee Minhyuk!" You rushed into BTOB's practice room bowing down to every member just to greet them hello. Minhyuk is your best friend that was always there for you thick or thin. He's the one who you could depend on when you were sad, angry, or fustrated. He's one of those special people who you just don't want to lose because he's your bestest friend.

"Cherri! What are you doing here?" He ran towards you and hugged you tightly. "Minhyuk, can't breathe!" You were in his embrace too tightly, he let go and giggled. "What brings you here?" He asked. You looked behind him and saw the rest of the members fooling around with their gestures and singing. 
"Ehh, just missed my best friend an I have to tell you something." Your smile grew. His eyes were plump and he was curious on what he you had to tell him. "What is it?" He giggled and asked.

"I'm getting married!" You hung onto him and hugged him tightly not believing that your dream guy would ask you to marry him any day. Minhyuk's expression dropped at that moment. To be honest, he always thought that he would get married to you; making you happy every moment. Every second..every time you guys embraced.

"Minhyuk what's wrong?" At that voice, Minhyuk was back into senses. He smiled weakly at you and nodded, "..Congratulations.." Something about his voice made you feel uncomfortable and confused. You looked back at the members and saw that they were looking at Minhyuk with a depressed look. You looked back at Minhyuk. His eyes were gazing in space and he seemed pissed and sad at the same time. He rubbed his head and gently spoke. "I have a headache. Can we talk later?" You gripped onto your purse that was dangling infront of you and nodded confused. "Ofcourse.." You backed away some steps, you could feel the cold air run against your skin and you headed out.

- -

Minhyuk dropped to the floor and placed his warm back onto the mirrored wall that made him get the chills. He placed his arms on his knees and sighed heavily. "Can you guys believe it?" Minhyuk looked at his legs playing with his fingers. "The person who I loved..is getting married." He tried to smile; but nothing seemed to work. Changseob walked over to Minhyuk, "Why not tell her the truth..tell her how you really feel." Changseob rubbed his back and felt sorry for him.

"Yeah, I mean you have to..after this?" Sungjae said from a distance. "I hope things work out.." Hyunshik said and played with his bottled life water and looked down also feeling bad for Minhyuk.

"...Even if I do tell her, what's going to change?" Minhyuk sighed again and a tear fell from his eyes. He chucked his water bottle forward; hitting the ground. He was angry. He was angry for not making a move. He was angry for not telling you the truth. He was angry...at himself.

- - 

To Cherri: 

I want to talk to you. Come to the dance practice room asap..thanks.

From: Minhyuk

To Minhyuk:

Alright see you in a bit best friend! <3

From: Cherri

- -

Minhyuk slammed his phone onto the ground and the  big slam echoed the room. The room was dark, it was a rainy day and the blue grey sky reflected in the room making it look like a depressed place. Minhyuk couldn't stop crying. He was fustrated, he was angry, he was sad. Best friend? What is best friend. How can best friends be something more? Or couldn't it? What if after this day, this hour..we weren't best friends anymore..we weren't anything, but strangers..what if she doesn't feel the same way. Hell, she wouldn't she's getting married..what am I thinking..'

The insides of Minhyuk rattled, his heart was breaking shred by shred. Nothing was going to heal it. Minhyuk was confused. He didn't know whether to accept that fact that you were going to get married..or stand up and confess his own feelings. Minhyuk yelled in fustration as loud as he could and started to punch his chest. Why was he so hurt by this..

"Minhyuk what are you doing!"

Minhyuk turned his face and saw you storming in trying to stop you from punching himself. He didn't say anything, he had no strength too. "What am I to you?" He finally whispered his words.

"Minhyuk what do you mean! You're my best friend!" Cherri looked into his eyes "Why are you hurting yourself!?" She yelled trying to part your arms apart. 

"Why am I hurting myself? Myself? Why are YOU hurting me?" Minhyuk whispered in pain. His words were choked and all he did was wanting to cry. "..I didn't do anything Minhyuk." Cherri looked at Minhyuk and was confused. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Was it not noticable that I loved you? Was it not enough? Did he love you more then I did?" Minhyuk yelled at Cherri which made Cherri fall back. "...Minhyuk.."

"Stop calling me that!" Minhyuk shouted not wanting to let her finish her sentence becuase he was too afraid on what she would say.

"..It's your name Minhyuk. What else do you want me to call you?" She quietly said ; afraid.

"Are you a fool? I was the one who cared for you day by day. I was the one who came over and made sure you were okay. I was the one who took care of you when you were sick. I WAS THE ONE WHO ACTUALLY LOVED YOU AND ALL YOU DID WAS THINK OF ME ONLY AS A BEST FRIEND.." He yelled as piles of tears were falling from his eyes. "He did nothing for you! I was the one who cared for you..and still, you only want to look at him..."

You couldn't say anything, although you knew that Minhyuk was right, you didn't think of Minhyuk as a man..all you thought of him was a friend. Best friend.

"..I'm sorry that I didn't know about how you felt of me..and I know I am a fool. I have no common sense..but the thing is. I only think of you as a best friend because you cared for me everyday..And do you think I would want to lose someone like you? We can't be more then best friends because I'm scared that if we do fall in love and start something, ONE OF US WILL LEAVE EACH OTHER.." You yelled into his face. Tears were whelming into your eyes. His eyes were red and your face was pink. 

 

"..Minhyuk, you're my best friend..and nothing more..I just hope we could stay like that..I'm sorry." You got up and rushed out of the room leaving Minhyuk alone. Minhyuk punched his fist onto the ground as hard as he could. He yelled into the room over and over again making his neck veins pop up from his skin. Saliva was hanging in his mouth and his eyes couldn't stop giving out tears.

He was inthe room all by himself, crying to death wanting you to come back..maybe turn back in time and never have met you in the first place..