Chapter One

The Fallen

 

Chapter On

 

 

It took all of my willpower not to scream out loud. Sweat embedded my forehead and I was shivering uncontrollably.

 

The dream that had penetrated my mind once again. The sharp pain as it sank itself into my throat as I laid there helplsess.

 

Minutes after comforting myself, I decided to go back to reading my book before getting ready for school.

 

Tying my silky black hair back into a ponytail, I slipped on my boots and went trudging out of the door, walking on the muddy trail towards the school without waking mother up so early in the morning.

 

Ensuring that I was alone, I took the paper out of my pocket and stared hard at it.

 

‘He is coming and he will kill you. Escape before you meet your death’

 

It was indeed my own cursive handwriting but I had absolutely no recollection of writing it before. It was found in my drawer that morning when I was taking her school badge out.

 

Creepy dreams I could tolerate, but creepy notes writing about my own death was just absurd.

 

***

 

The limousine sped away and raced through the rain, carrying me away from the airport. I sank into the comfort of the seat and closed my eyes, wishing that I was somewhere else.

 

“How was London?” the dark figure beside me asked.

 

“It was…gloomy.”

 

“But you didn’t find what you were looking for.” the former stated as a matter of fact.

 

“Lay, am I doing the right thing?” I sighed.

 

Silence passed between us as the we were immersed in our own thoughts without continuing the earlier conversation.

 

I caught my own reflection in the window and noticed something disturbing. I saw a 21 year old boyish expression looking back at me but with such pensive eyes.

 

I turned away in determination and focused on my work. Yes, work would distract me away from my thoughts. 

A/N:

I hope that this chapter was ok :) I know its short but I'll probably be doing a double update later :) Thank you so much for all those who have subscribed! :)