Meeting him..

Changing my password

Year 2005..I was on my first year in college. I was very scared at that time. For someone who came from a province and to study at a school in a city was never easy. I didn't know anybody. For a week I go to school but I never entered our classroom. "What if they make fun of me?" those were my thoughts at that time. But I realized that I have to be strong and be mature. I can't depend on my parents all my life. 

         I finally had the guts to join our class. It was Physical Education class. We sat on the floor of the gymnasium and each student have to introduce theirselves. I sat quietly and observed everyone. It was far from what I had expected. Students from the city seem pretty normal. (I'm not saying it in a bad way ^_^). I was paying attention to the student that was introducing himself at the moment when someone gave me a piece of paper. I read what was written on it. It says "Hi cutie. Have you eaten already?". I looked around to find out who gave the paper. I saw a guy smiled and waved at me. I didn't know how to react at that time since I'm not used to it. I just looked away and stood up when it was my time to introduce myself. Everything went smoothly after that. 

       The next day, I finally had a new friend. We chatted the whole time during class. I found out she was not the talkative type so I did most of the talking. We eventually became close and talked about guys in our class. She told me she has a crush on someone.  "Really?? Who is he??" I became really interested. "He's over there. Sitting on the third row from the front. The one wearing a red shirt.". I looked at the guy she was referring to. He was a tall guy wearing glasses and he's cute. " So what's his name?" I asked Shayne ( my friend's name). "Michael ( not his true name..I forgot his real name)" shayne answered. " Wow he's cute!". I looked at their direction again and the guy sitting beside Michael caught my attention that time.

Me: " Hey Shayne, who's that guy sitting beside him? " 

Shayne: Oh that's Vincent..Michael's friend. I think they went to the same school in high school. He's cute isn't he?

      I couldn't pay attention to what Shayne was saying. All I heard was his name was Vincent. He has a small eyes and pink lips. His hair reminds me of those Korean guys from the dramas I've watched. His smile..the way he talks..it was perfect. Everyday I secretly watch him from behind. We ate at the same place where he was eating during lunch.( I was a bit of a stalker) I've talked to him a few times during that semester. He was a really nice guy..and a very good dancer, which made me like him even more. We became friends.

      He was one of the smartest in our class. He usually tops our exams and quizzes. There were times that I got higher scores than him and he would congratulate me. He'll joke and say that he won't let me top our exams again. He was very competitive. That gave me the drive to study even harder. There was one time when we were waiting for our teacher. I felt like someone was watching me from behind. (our seating arrangement changes in every subject) I turned around to confirm it. I met Vincent's eyes. He was staring at me deeply. He's not smiling like he used to do when he sees me. He's just there..looking straight into my eyes..not blinking. I wanted to know what he was thinking..why was he looking at me that way.. I just stared back at him until my eyes sore and i blinked a few times. Then he finally smiled at me and said " You blinked! I won!!". It came out that he was just playing a staring contest with me. I was a bit disappointed but the smile on his face just warms my heart. I just smiled at that playful kid.

     Weeks and months had passed. It was the end of the semester. I was very sad during the break. I can't see his face for a long time. I've missed him so bad. I had his number but I don't have the courage to text him. The day finally came for the enrollment for the new semester. Shayne and I enrolled in the same section. I was happy we were classmates again. Then I suddenly thought of Vincent. I wonder if he was on the same section as I am. I found out on the first day of class that we were not classmates anymore. I was very disappointed. I saw him sometimes during lunch. He'd smile and greet me but that was it. 

     One day I was very excited for our Physical Education class. It was my favorite subject and the PE teacher was my favorite too. Shayne and I weren't classmates on this class. She enrolled late and have to look for other schedules. I changed into my PE uniform and went to the gym. I was shocked when I saw Vincent and his friends were there. Chris (one of his friend's, I'm more closer to him) greeted me first. Vincent and I just smiled at each other. Soon the PE teacher instructed us to look for our permanent partner for the whole semester. I looked around and I saw Chris approaching me. He was smiling and I knew he'd ask me if we could be partners. I was watching him come nearer when someone tapped my back. I turned around and I saw Vincent smiling at me. " Hi Ara!! Sorry but you're the only girl I know in this class. Will you be my partner?". I was extremely happy when he said that. I answered yes right away. I looked back at Chris and it seems like he knew I already found a partner. He just turned around and looked for his partner. He ended up pairing with a guy because there weren't enough girls in our class. I felt a little sorry for him.

   Every week I was always looking forward for our PE class. It was time for us to learn dancing waltz. Our teacher instructed us to face our partners and to ready our position. Vincent grabbed my hand and put his left arm around my waist. I was so nervous I could not look at him. I slowly put my right hand on his shoulders. He smiled at me and said "You smell really good". 

My thoughts after he said that: " waaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Why are you doing this to me??"

   I just bit my lips to stop myself from screaming. The music started and we followed each steps the teacher taught us. He really was a good dancer. I learned the steps quickly because of him. The teacher suddenly stops the music and told us to sit down.

Teacher: "You danced terribly. I need a partner. Ara come here".

  I was shocked when the teacher called me. He started the music and we danced while my classmates were watching. I turned to Vincents direction and he smiled at me. I became nervous and I accidentally stepped on our teacher's foot. We stopped dancing and he suddenly called Vincent. He told us to stand on the center of the gym. He told my classmates to watch us. They were clapping when the music was about to start. We were embarrassed. When the music started it felt like a dream. We were dancing there..just the two of us..that was the happiest moment of my life..I never wanted it to end. I met Shayne after class.

Shayne: Hey!! I saw that!! Oh my gosh I'm so happy for you!!

Ara: Oh my gosh I couldn't believe it happened! He even told me I smelled good. He held my hands..waaaahhhh Shayne I'm so happy! I won't wash my hands again (lol)!!

Shayne: Waaahhhhhh!!!

     I couldn't stop smiling until I got home. I could still feel his hand on my hand. I seriously didn't want to wash it at that time. My feelings for him grew stronger. I'm always excited for PE class and I almost bathe myself with perfume. I made a facebook account and used his name as my password (i know..it's corny). I never thought those happy days would be over so soon. I heard from his friends that he likes someone. It was one of my friend, Lizzy. Lizzy told me he felt the same too. She didn't knew I liked Vincent. It wasn't long until the two of them became a couple. I tried to be happy for them..I really tried my best to look happy when I'm with them..the only person who knew what I  truly felt was Shayne.. :'(

    Being friends with the both of them was very hard. Lizzy and Vincent are not on the same section. Lizzy and I are classmates on some subjects. She would sometimes ask me to give his message to Vincent. And Vincent would do the same. I hated doing that. Sometimes I wish that Lizzy wouldn't be too nice to me. So I could hate her, and wish that they broke up. But she was a really nice girl. The two of them are so happy..it hurts. 

    We had our dance practice in our classmates house. It was far from where I lived. Vincent and I rode on the same bus going home. I didn't sit beside him. I sat on the opposite side of the bus.

Vincent: Hey! Why are you sitting there? Come here.

    I hesitated but he grabbed my hand and pulled me to sit next to him. 

" Please..stop doing this.. Can't you see I'm trying to avoid you? Can't you feel how much I'm hurting?"

    I wanted to say those words to him. I wanted to hate him..but I just can't. Then he suddenly spoke.

Vincent: Can I lay my head on your shoulder? I'm a bit sleepy.

    I wanted to say no.

Me: Sure. I'll wake you up as we arrive.

Vincent: Thanks..

   He laid his head on my shoulders and closed his eyes. He looked so handsome.

Vincent: I miss Lizzy..can you be Lizzy for now?

  I felt like my world fell apart. It was then that I realized it wasn't my story..it was theirs..and I'm just one of the casts. I tried not to cry until we said goodbye. I transferred school after that semester. Years passed and a lot of things happened. I still think about him from time to time specially when I open my Facebook account. It was early this year that I changed my password. I still think about him..but It wasn't painful anymore. He'll remain as a beautiful memory for me.

 


    That's it!! I'm sorry if I made it so cheesy..I'm not used to write like this.. I just wanted to share it.. 

Thanks for reading!! Have a nice day everyone!! ;)

 

 

<3 Ara