1/1

Why are you so shy?

"It's only between guys, what does it matter?" Daehyun can't hide his anger over the loss of the game.

"It was scary, really... It was really scary!"  Youngjae can't stop caressing his lips, as if he's trying to wipe away something.

 

Daehyun can't stop thinking about this moment while they're driving back to the dorm. It's late at night and the shooting for Killing Camp has ended, but the main vocal's thoughts are still at that place and time where Youngjae didn't want him near his face.

It's not the first time that his best friend pushed him away. Every time Daehyun is trying to initiate skinship, the other shys away.

He looks around to see everybody already asleep and focuses his gaze on his best friend.

His head is leaning against the window and his lips are slightly parted to let out low, almost not hearable whimpers.

He talks in his sleep and sometimes he even sings.

Daehyun found out about it when he had an individual schedule and came home late and his friend was already in dreamland.

That's when he first heard Youngjae mumbling things he couldn't make out. He liked to listen to those rambles when he couldn't sleep. It made him somehow at ease and he would soon fall asleep too.

Daehyun never told Youngjae about this though. He knew how shy the boy was and telling him about this would make him want to change room arrangements or something. So he kept it his little secret.

The whole way home the main vocalist rested his eyes on his best friend and listened to his murmurs. But before he could fall asleep too, they arrived at the dorm.

As always, Daehyun was in charge of waking the others.

He was the first to get out of the car, followed by four sleepy heads.

Everybody was already walking inside, when the main vocalist heard their manager call for him.

He turned around and noticed that Youngjae was still in the car.

Kang motioned for Daehyun to get his fellow member out of the car so he could park it properly.

The boy let out a sigh and walked around the van to the back door.

He looked at Youngjae through the window. The younger still had his head rested against the glass, his forehead beginning to become red from being pressed against it.

His lips were moving and his eyebrows cringed together.

He must be having an intense dream again... Daehyun tried to pull open the door carefully, but he saw Youngjae moving with it and he would probably fall out of the car if he opened it fully.

Not sure what to do for a second, he moved around the car quickly and got inside through the other door to wake him.

On his knees he slid closer to Youngjae and reached out his hand to grab his friends' face to move it away from the back door.

When his fingers touched the younger boys' skin he suddenly felt his heart somehow beat faster and a shudder ran through his body.

Confused from his own behaviour, Daehyun just sat there and stared at the sleeping boy.

"For gods sake, this is not a romantic drama!" Kang said, ripping the singer out of his thoughts and taking him by surprise.

He looked at his manager, his hands still on Youngjae's face.

"Uhm... uhm... y-yeah..."

Without anyone noticing it, the younger had slowly opened his eyes, looking around blinking several times until he noticed a certain boy very close to his face. Too close.

"What the-? What are you doing?" The younger jumped up in his seat slapping away Daehyun's hand. The latter totally being out of it, just looked at Youngjae with big eyes unable to say something.

"Finally! Now get out of here and into your beds, boys!" Kang demanded, not noticing the awkward silence and just motioning them to leave the van.

Youngjae didn't need another invitation and was out of the car before anyone could say or do something. Before Daehyun could say something, to be exact.

He sat back in his seat, totally ignoring his manager and looking after his best friend who was holding his cheek and running inside the building. What was that? Why did I feel.. and.. what-?

"You too, Dae!"

"Huh?" Daehyun looked even more out of it.

"Get out of the van!" Kang said in a more angry voice now. He seemd to be tired too and just wanted to get out of there.

"Sorry, hyung..." The boy waved his manager goodbye, before heading to the entrance putting his hands into his pockets.

What the heck was that?

 

Inside the dorm everybody was getting ready for bed. Youngjae was coming out of the bathroom, when Daehyun finally came through the main entrance. Before Youngjae could run away, Daehyun called after him.

"Youngjae, wait!" 

Youngjae stopped on his track and let out a low '' only he could hear. He really didn't want to talk to Dae.

"We need to talk." 

Trying to get out of this Youngjae searched for an excuse to go. "I want to sleep. Can't we talk tomorrow?" Still having his back to Daehyun, he didn't notice how the other was already standing right behind him, so he jumped in surprise when Daehyun suddenly said right into his ear "I think we should talk now."

"God don't scare me like that!" Turning around, he was about to slap Daehyun's arm, but when he looked at the older he kinda froze in his track.

Not noticing Youngjae's turmoil of feelings, Daehyun continued. "We should maybe talk somewhere where we won't be disturbed."

"What?" Youngjae clearly had 'shock' written all over his face.

Daehyun ignored the younger and just dragged him along to their room. 

When they were inside, he closed the door behind him.

"Now tell me. What's wrong?" Daehyun turned around to face Youngjae, who was already sitting on his bed, trying to hide his face under the blanket.

Only muffled noises could be heard and Daehyun, visibly annoyed by his friend, moved to the bed to get rid of the blanket. But Youngjae was holding onto it and they ended up fighting for it.

"Damn it! Let go of it!"

"No! You let go of it!"

"Fine." Youngjae suddenly let go of it and Daehyun, pulling at the blanket harshly, fell to the floor with a loud bump.

"Aah! !" Daehyun let himself fall to the floor, holding onto his back.

"! I didn't want that to happen!" Youngjae jumped off the bed and kneeled down to check on his roommate.

That's when he noticed Daehyun's grin on his face and before he could move away, Daehyun was grabbing his arms and pulling him down on top of him.

"Yah! Let go!" Youngjae closed his eyes tightly and fidgeted around to get out of the others' grip.

"No. Not until you tell me what's going on!" Daehyun grabbed tighter and their faces were only inches away from each other.

"God damn it! Okay!" Youngjae opened his eyes and to Daehyun's surprise he suddenly felt his friends' lips on his.

In shock, he pushed Youngjae away and walked backwards on his hands and feet.

"The hell?"

"See! I didn't wanna talk about it! Because" Youngjae paused for a second to release a breath. "I like you. More than just a friend! And I can't handle your skinship, because I would end up doing the thing I just did." 

Youngjae let himself fall back on the bed again, looking down at his feet. He was sure he just destroyed their friendship with his action. 

"So... you like me?" Daehyun raised himself from the floor and slowly moved back to Youngjae's bed.

The younger felt the mattress move next to him and when he looked up his friend was sitting right next to him.

"You know... I like you too, actually." Daehyun grabbed Youngjae's hand and entwinded their fingers.

Visibly shocked, Youngjae opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out.

"What? But you just-"

"Yeah sorry about that. I was just... Everything went so fast, I- I couldn't think straight." Daehyun moved their entangled hands onto his lap, gliding closer to Youngjae. "Can we do that again?" 

Youngjae nodded, obviously nervous.

Daehyun reached his other hand out to his friends' face and carressed the soft cheek. "You know, I liked your squishy cheeks. Too bad you're working out so much." 

Now said cheeks were becoming red from shyness and Daehyun had to smile. "But I do like how your body is becoming ier."

Youngjae was now blushing even more and he wanted to look away, but Daehyun held his face where it was and placed a short soft kiss on his lips.

"This is nice. You should've just told me." Daehyun said against the others' lips. "So we could've done this earlier."

"Yah!" Youngjae moved back and looked at a smirking Daehyun. "Babo..." He had to smile too, because actually... He was right.

 

_____

duuuuh... finally finished this. I'm in a good writing mood right now. Updating everything lol. I'm sorry this took so long, but I totally forgot about this and I had no idea how to finish this. But here it is! Have fun ;)