Lonely

Without You by My Side

Final: Lonely

 

You stare at the displayed pictures of you and your partner on the living room’s feature wall and atop the grand buffet table situated against it. You softly smile back at each captured moment; moments that can never really be described with just a snap of a camera; moments that are only once in a lifetime. There’s more to it than just captured moments. There’s more than that…

Sighing, you turn your head to the window, gazing at the beautiful scenery the city lights offered. You suddenly wonder how long you’ve been sitting there on the couch while admiring the photos for it’s already dark outside. Then you realize that it won’t really matter anyways.

I miss you, jagi… You think to yourself, hoping your partner would somehow receive the message; that you both can connect through your minds and send messages to each other that way. But unfortunately, although you both are soul mates, the other half of each other, lovers until the end, there is no such power for couples.

I miss you so much… I feel so lost without you… Is this a sign that I truly love you?

Although you are happy for your other half to have achieved his life’s dream, you can’t help but miss him so much when he is away, even for just one day. This time, though, he’s gone for more than a week and you’re not sure when he’ll be back for he has gone on a world tour, most likely in a city somewhere in the world, singing to his heart’s content. You could have gone with him but you decide not to bother him and his company and waste their money for you who would probably not do anything of use during the whole tour.

You shiver and hug yourself. Since when did it start to get cold inside your apartment? Standing up from your comfortable position on the couch, you quickly and softly pad to the temperature control and the heating to the way you liked it.

Afterwards, you decide to head to the kitchen to start making dinner.

Dinner by myself again. So romantic. You think to yourself again while you collect ingredients from cupboards for your chosen dish to eat for the night. Chopping, mixing and cooking, half of your mind wanders to wonderful memories you and your partner shared while the other half of your mind tried to focus on not burning the food.

You sit down with your plate of food and idly start to chew little by little, staring into space. In no time, you finish every bit of food then decide to take a shot of wine. It wouldn’t hurt, would it? Besides, just a shot is healthy, said a magazine you read before.

After a few shots since you couldn’t resist the rich taste, your sight slowly starts to blur and you instantly fall to a deep slumber on the dining table, your head on your arms with one hand still loosely wrapped around your glass. You dream of perfect dreams, perfect scenarios on a perfect occasion with the perfect weather with your perfect lover.

A slight movement beside you slowly wakes you and you softly whine and scrunch up your nose. Then you slowly realize that you’re lying on something soft and wrapped around something keeping you warm. You then felt a slight weight on your waist pulling you to something broad.

You slowly flutter your eyes open and blink at the seemingly unbelievable sight before you.

“You’re home…” You whisper to him, even though he is asleep right next to you, his arm wrapped loosely around your waist. He sighs in content, as if in response to your statement and you see his lips form into a small smile. You snuggle up against him and take in his scent, gripping onto his shirt for dear life. Smiling, you close your eyes and sigh in content.

He shifts his position a little and pulls you closer to him. “Hmm… Missed me, baby?” He chuckles quietly.

“Oh, mianhae, did I wake you?” You say while you look up at him, your lips forming a little smile. He smiles back and shakes his head.

“It’s fine. Go back to sleep. I’m here.” He smiles wider then proceeds to close his eyes again. You smile in return and bury your face to his neck, your nose slightly tickling his skin as he chuckles softly at the touch.

“Hey, love?” He murmurs, sleep starting to slowly tinge his voice again.

“Hmm?”

“I love you.”

With this, you smile; a genuine smile that you haven’t done in a while.

Image

 

Author's note Hope you liked that! :D I'm sorry if it's not that good >o< Please do comment! Comments are loved :) Also, if you have the time, please do read my other stories as well! Kamsahamnida~!

» layout credit