The Denial

The Denial

 

 

 

Baekhyun was scribbling something on his notebook when Park Chanyeol pounced onto the table. This got him startled and widened his eyes in surprise. Chanyeol was grinning like an insane person in front of him. He opened his mouth with the intention to scold him but he decided not to.

 

“Go away.”

 

He chose to ignore him and continued to do whatever he was doing. Even after hearing such cold response, Chanyeol still did not budge from his position.

 

Chanyeol is a tough-hearted person; he would not get offended by non-intended cold words from someone he loves. True, Chanyeol had declared that he loves Byun Baekhyun since their freshman year and he was aware by the fact that the latter loves him too but he still did not get the answer to his question ever since. Baekhyun had rejected him when he confessed to the latter two years ago. At that moment too, he had questioned Baekhyun of the reason he rejected him even though almost the entire school—the teachers too, acknowledged their love for each other.

 

It was later that week while they were having their literature class when Baekhyun noticed that blood was dripping from his nose. The red spots on his notebook’s pages were increasing as time passed. His vision blurred at the time he stood on his legs. Without any notice, his knees weakened and he fell onto the cold, cemented-floor of the classroom. He could hear the gasps and shrieks of his classmates as his body went limp. The last thing he heard was Chanyeol’s quivering voice before his vision turned black.

 

Chanyeol looked up when he heard Baekhyun’s father’s voice inquiring the doctor about his condition. Both of the elderly looked very serious in their conversation; it made Chanyeol frantic and he decided not to stay like a statue on his seat. He quickly leaped towards their direction and tried to regular his breath before interrogating them,

 

“I’m sorry for interrupting, but how’s Baekhyun now? Is he okay?”

 

The doctor said nothing in response to Chanyeol's question but he gave a knowing look to Baekhyun’s father. The doctor patted Chanyeol on his back before walking off to the opposite side from the emergency room.

 

The room was in dead silence when Chanyeol stepped in. A view of a very pale-faced, unconscious boy lying on the only bed in the room came upon his eyes. The view made Chanyeol’s heart crushed; his knees were almost weakened by the sight of Baekhyun bearing the excruciating pain. He made his steps towards the white-sheeted bed and wrapped his hands around Baekhyun’s long, slender fingers.

 

“Baekhyun-ah, why? Why didn’t you tell me about this?” His voice cracked due to the tears he had been holding since they arrived at the hospital. After a while, his tears finally streamed down his cheeks when he felt the fingers in his hold moving; he immediately averted his gaze to the lovely boy’s face and saw his eyes trembling to open.

 

Baekhyun turned his face away when he saw Chanyeol in front of him. Tears welled up in his eyelids as he could not bear to look at the broken expression of the person he loved. He could see by the corner of his eyes that Chanyeol wanted to say something so he quickly opened , “Where’s my mom and dad? Can you tell them that I want to see them?”

 

His voice, too, sounded broken enough to make Chanyeol shed more tears. Chanyeol could see what he intended to do but he obliged and made his way through the door; and when he came back later, Baekhyun’s mother and father were by his side.

 

“Dad, please tell Chanyeol to leave. I don’t want to see him.”

 

He was lying on his side, his back facing Chanyeol when he inquired his father to keep Chanyeol away from him. Not long after that, he heard footsteps strode towards the door and the sound of the door closing. Having a thought that Chanyeol had left, he painfully turned around to lie on his back again. His eyes widened when he saw Chanyeol standing on the other side of the room instead of his parents. He forced his eyes shut when he saw the latter walked up to him.

 

 “Chanyeol, please, leave. I don’t want to see you.” His request somehow earned an oppose from the tall boy.

 

Baekhyun could not hold his emotion anymore as his tears made their way down his soft yet pale cheeks. He glared at Chanyeol with his teary eyes and he sternly said: “Park Chanyeol, I will appreciate it so much if you leave me alone. Do you know how much I hate your gut for believing that I love you? I don’t love you and will never do. I hope you can leave me alone after this because I want to live happily in the remaining moments of my life.”

 

Chanyeol’s expression conveyed an unknown emotion when he heard those words from Baekhyun. He stayed motionless for a moment before he made his way to the door once again. He gave out a longing gaze to Baekhyun before opening the door. This time, he left and closed the door behind him quietly.

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

This is a very short one.
My grammar is not that great but I always looked up to learn more about grammar. ^^