The Unknown

I Remember

"Yoseob!" Hyunseung walks up to Yoseob who was doing inventory. Yoseob looks up from his clipboard and greets him with a smile.
"Hey Hyunseung! What's up?"
"Not much...... are you busy right now?" Yoseob contemplates for a moment befoe responding.
"Hmmm...... No I'm just counting inventory. Some of the "stuff" is missing do you know where it went?"
"No, I don't. Why don't you ask Doojoon he might know."
"Oh..ok."
"Hey.... since you're not busy right now I've got a message I'd like to convey to you." Hyunseung walks over to Yoseob with a smirk plastered on his face and slowly raises his fists.
"What......." Hyunseung punches Yoseob in the face causing the man to crumple up on the floor.
"Get up! I said GET UP! I've been so tired of you lately! You think that just because you're our leader's favorite you can keep this happy go lucky attitude?!"
"What are you talking about?!" Yoseob at this point is in tears cupping his eye.
"Come on Yoseob, don't play dumb. We all know. You're in a relationship with Junhyung."
"You can't prove that!" Yoseob screeches as he tries to run out the door, but he was blocked. The other members of the gang were at the door. "Hyung move!"
"Sorry kid, no can do. You broke our trust. You got cozy with the boss so now you have to pay." Doojoon and Dongwoon grab Yoseob's arm while he wailes in pain.
"No please. I beg you. I didn't mean to break you're trust. I swear!"
"Sorry rules are rules." The members of the gang circle him and as he's getting beaten. All he could do is pray. He prayed to live, he prayed to be forgiven, and he prayed for Junhyung.


"Hey.... are you ok?" Yoseob opens his eyes to the blinding light coming from the hospital ceiling.KCpiYhIvFz9z-QdxuEjjcdm-k42pheJ8mi7Z3oHm"Umm...sure" Yoseob follow the sound of the voice to see a tall blonde man standing next to him. “Who are you?”
“Oh sorry I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Bang Yong Guk. I’m the prosecutor. I heard that there was illegal drug activity in the area so I decided to patrol the area. On today’s round I found you unconscious in the street so I decided to get you treated. That’s quite a beating you got there. You've recieved a concussion from the beating along with 3 broken ribs and possible memory loss.  Do you remember who did this to you or who did this?”
“No. I was on my way back to the farm and when I woke up I was here in this hospital bed.”
“Farm? You’re miles away from the closest farm. Where are you from?”
“I’m from Busan. I harvest sesame leaves for a living.”
“Really? Well that’s interesting.You still haven’t told me your name.”
“My name is Kim Seunghyun. It’s a pleasure to meet you Bang Young Guk!”
“Oh please call me Bang.”
“Fine, it’s a pleasure to meet you Bang!”
“I hope you don’t mind me asking, but what are you doing here in Seoul?”
“I was visiting my friend! I hope that my farm is okay without me tending to it.” Seeing Yoseob’s concerned face Bang offers to help.
“I could go check up on your farm if it’ll make you feel at ease.”
“Sure, but the problem is that I don’t remember.” Yoseob furrowed his eyebrows and stared at his sheets. “I know that it’s somewhere in the Busan but I don’t remember any more information. All I remember is that my name is Kim Seunghyun and that I make a living harvesting sesame leaves from my farm in Busan. Any greater detail is unknown to me.”
Yoseob stares out the window while Bang stares intently at him.
“There’s something off about him. Why was he in a largely known drug dealing spot? Does he really not know where he lives? I have to keep a close eye on him.” thought Bang. While Yoseob was trying to remember his past all hell broke loose at the gang’s headquarters.
“What do you mean he’s missing!” yelled Junhyung
“I’m sorry sir but Yoseob has been missing for a while.” squeaked Dongwoon.
Hyunseung steps up and announces “He ran away.”
“WHAT!” roared Junhyung.
“He said that he couldn’t take it any more. That the life of a drug dealer was too stressful to him that he needed to leave. It sounds like he wants to get rid of you.” Junhyung’s face softened and whispered “dismissed” as he walked away. His eyes that were flaming just a few seconds ago are now threatening to fill with tears.