Number Four, Six, Five, & Seven

The Danger Room

 Her heart pounded, the harsh beat sounding in her ears. Her feet slid on the polished marble and she scrambled before righting herself and heading towards the elevators. "Number Four-O-Six, stop!" The voices were close. Too close. Maing it to the elevator she began to slam her fists into it, the cool steel beginning to dent. Soon it gave way to her force and with a grating squeal it fell down the elevator shaft. "Number Four-O-Six!" The icy hand of an Uncle grabbed the back of her neck and she began to scream.

 Suddenly the purple emergency light that had been flashing turned a vivid, almost 'fluffy' pink. "Another one?" an accompanying Aunt screeched angrily. Then...she could smell something burning. Flesh...burning. The Uncle screamed in agony as his hand separated from his arm by gooey strands of melted sinew and bone. She pulled the melting hand from her neck and turned to face her savior, who walked out from the shadows. "Number Six-O-Six!" she exclaimed happily. "Wassup?" Number Six-O-Six yawned, her hands shoved in the pockets of her blood-spattered uniform gray slacks.

 The Aunt's eyes widened fearfully at the sight of the smaller girl and she began to run. Number Six-O-Six stared at the Aunt, her light brown eyes turning crimson. With a sob the Aunt fell to the ground, the skin of her face falling off in oozing patches till nothing remained by a gleaming skull and a twitching body. "Ew..." she gagged, looking at Number Six-O-Six, who simply shrugged and yawned again. "Ya know...since you broke the elevator we gotta use the stairs. Where's your little posse? Number One-O-Six and Two-O-Six?" she asked.

 "Still in the Medium Security Room," she said. "I escaped during meal time. How did you get our of the Danger Room? I heard it's made out of 36 layers of 15 inche steel."

 "Someone opened my confinement door. I figured why not have some fun before gettin' out of here," the smaller girl shrugged. Neither of them flinched as the lockdown siren began to screech in a high-pitched tone. "Hm...guess that someone is lettin' everyone out. Mother is gonna be pissed." An explosion rocked the floor as they looked at each other. "Five-O-Six," they laughed. They ran to the stairwell, heading down to Floor 16.

 "Boom! Headshot!" Number Five-O-Six laughed as the Uncle's head burst open, flinging gore and brain matter on the wall. Something hard smacked him in the back and she turned to the see the head of another Uncle roll across the floor. "Dude!" Number Seven-O-Six smirked as he sliced the head off a dead Aunt with his arm, which had morphed and changed into the silver blade of a machete. "Not cool, man. Don't start a Head War you know you're not gonna win," he said.

 "Are you two done bein' stupid?" Six-O-Six sighed. She took in first the French boy covered in blood then the Mexican boy holding a head by the hair. "Six! Mon cherie!" Five-O-Six grinned. "Oh, who is your friend?"

 "Number Four-O-Six," she introduced herself. "Just call her Four," Six said. "Four, this is Five and Seven. Some of my Danger Room...friends. Five likes to flirt. Seven...just gets whatever he wants." Four waved. "Nice to meet you...I guess."

 "Baby girl, where's Eight and Nine?" Five asked. "Don't call me that. And how should I know? I'm not their freakin' babysitter." Six rolled her eyes. "They can take care of themselves."

 Four didn't know much about The Danger Room inhabitants, only that they were incredibly violent and possibly insane. She knew that Five was the less violent (but still very violent) of The Danger Room and that Nine was nearly out of control. She heard that he could make people eat themselves and others like cannibals.

 Seven let out a high-pitched giggles. He didn't talk, at all, just giggled. "Don't test me, Seven," Six scowled, understanding him.

 "Um...shouldn't we be getting out of here?" Four asked timidly. "We have to find Mother...and show her how much we love her."

 "We can't go out into the real world like this. We don't even know our own names," Six hissed. "Then we'll make up our own names. We can't be called by our numbers for the rest of our lives. We can't get close to Mother like this," Five insisted.

 Before Six could argue, a group of Aunts turned the corner and ran towards them.

 "I've got this..." Four said softly. She reached down and slammed her fingers into the marble floor. She ripped a large portion up and threw the jagged slab at the Aunts. Some ducked while the others were severed in half. "Awesome," Five smirked. Seven darted forwards, his arms turning into blades which he used to hack and tear at the remaining women.

 "I love it when he does that~" Five cackled. "Come on, girlies. Lots more fun to be had before we reach the first floor." They walke down the path Seven carved for them.