1

His Destined Companion

 

 

HIS DESTINED COMPANION

Luhan glared at the parents who forbid their children from playing with him. He was despised for his perfectness, they were obviously jealous of him and they didn’t even try to hide it. Luhan sighed and looked down, holding back his tears. He won’t cry, he cannot cry. If he does, his parents are surely going to scold him for it. They expect the best from him, a perfect child, end of discussion!
 
He let out a sigh and went towards his favorite place, a flower field in the forest near his house. The field was hidden and only he knew the place. It was because he hid the place with his ability. At the age of 5, Luhan could already use his ability which was impossible at that young age. Most people would discover them only when they turn 20 and 18 for some. Now, at the age of 12 he could already do things more advanced than the adults around him.
 
Truthfully, he was found as weird by the people. They think of him as a freak, unfortunately it wasn’t a compliment. Luhan entered his invisibility shield surrounding the field and breathed the sweet scent of the flowers filled in the shield dome. He sat among some red and yellow narcissuses or commonly known as daffodils.
 
There were several flowers included as his favorite but, daffodils easily top all. Somehow the flower reflected him, seemingly innocent but can be quite deathly. Yes, they can be used as medicine but, like many other medicine they can also be used as a poison. Also, they reflect respect like what his parents want him to have.
 
He carefully picked the flower with his telekinesis and twirled it around, levitating it in the air. Luhan’s concentration flickered and he dropped the flower when he heard a twig breaking behind him. Not a single being should be present at this field, other than the ones who were already there when he created the shield.
 
He abruptly turned around, levitating some stones and threw towards the source of sound. He was startled when the stones merely bounced off some sort shield around the boy. Luhan straightened up when he thought that the boy won’t harm him. He looks young and innocent; he would obviously not hurt him.
 
Then doubt starter to invade his mind. The boy must be older than him because he can already use his power. He must not let his guard down around him. The latter stared at him and sat down in front of him, soon followed by Luhan.
 
“You’re power is weak. They can easily be manipulated” the boy softly pointed. Luhan jerked backward, “E-excuse me! What?”
 
The latter shrugged and waved his hands around, “Your shield, it’s very…distinguishable”
 
Luhan stared at him, mumbling curses towards him. “It’s not like I can practice often. This is just an experiment and the first shield I created when I was only 7, thank you very much.
 
“And how old are you right now?” “12!” he confidently answered.
 
“Seems like you’re my hyung, I’m 8 this year” Luhan frowned at the fact, that wasn’t the answer he expected.
 
“You’re only 8 and you already have abilities?” “Oh come on! Like that is so weird for you” he rolled his eyes.
 
“My name is Oh Sehun and you are Xi Luhan, right?”
 
Luhan gasped at the name. “O-Oh Sehun…aren’t you Henry’s apprentice?”
 
Sehun nodded and created a small ball in his hand. The ball was almost transparent and it was constantly turning in the latter’s hand. Luhan awed at the beautiful sight.
 
“That is so beautiful!” he exclaimed and the latter quickly closed his hand, making the ball of wind to disappear.
 
“That is my ability…wind, though it’s not as powerful as the others”
 
Luhan shook his head and clapped his hands merrily, enjoyed by his previous show. “You’re wrong. You’re going to be better than them because you have more time to practice as you found it earlier”.
 
“Thank you”. “But, you’re Henry’s apprentice. Then you would be a messenger right? How come you posses ability?”
 
“Yes, I should be a messenger. But, why do you ask that question? Are messengers not supposed to have one?” Luhan nodded, intriguing the younger.
 
“Everybody knows it. Aren’t you supposed to know it more since, you see him every day?”
 
“Well…that’s true, I do see him every day but, he does have power and I’ve saw him use it multiple time. In fact, it doesn’t look like he just got it because Leeteuk hyung told me Henry and Zhou Mi were the experts in their respective ability, even more than the other legends”
 
Luhan looked perplexed. If so, why does everyone have a mindset that they don’t posses it and what’s more weirder is the fact they’ve long mastered it, even more than the legends. He cast a glance at the boy, asking himself if he could trust the boy. The boy could be lying and after all, people don’t know how Henry’s apprentice looks like.
 
The last time people saw him was when he was still a child, the first time the legends found him. After that, there was no news of him and people assumed maybe the legends have found the wrong person or maybe…the child died during the training.
 
Luhan didn’t want to take the risk. He could protrude his thoughts and find the truth but, it would cause him a lot of energy. He tried to enter his thoughts and easily found the answer, much to his surprise.
 
“Found the answers yet?” Sehun’s voice rang throughout the field. Luhan slowly nodded and stared at the latter.
 
He was telling the truth. He even saw some memories of his. One of the memories that he saw was Sehun practicing with Henry and Zhou mi, as what Sehun called him. Sehun already knew that Luhan was going to find the truth in him and he allowed it, making the process easier for Luhan.
 
“Sehun, what are you doing here? We thought we lost you, damn it. Don’t make us worry!” a voice snapped behind them.
 
Luhan looked toward the source while Sehun merely turned around and smiled at the latter.
 
“Sorry, hyungs. I found something interesting and I don’t think I should abandon it”
 
“Sehun, did you use your ability? It feels quite different” Zhou Mi commented, glancing around the field.
 
“No, Zhou Mi-ge; this is telepathy, not wind ability. Besides, I don’t lack that much of control” he deadpanned. Luhan frowned at the younger, displaying his discontent towards him.
 
“No offence” Sehun added when he realized the frown directed at him.
 
“I should reply none taken, right?” he grunted. Sehun slowly went to his apprentice, conversations being exchanged mentally. It wasn’t weird Luhan could hear it but, sometimes he feels like he’s invading someone’s privacy.
 
Sehun faced Luhan, a small sincere smile decorating his face. “I’ll see you soon” he said before they disappeared in front of Luhan’s eyes.
 
Luhan shook his head and sat, levitating a bunch of random flowers towards him; daffodils amongst them. He carefully touched the bouquet, dropping some flowers, leaving one still levitating in the air. A forsythia signalized anticipation, like what he felt right now. He was anticipating their next encounter.
 
“Maybe I should change the shield a bit” Luhan mumbled, looking at the shield surrounding him with mischievous swimming in his eyes. He’s going to give the younger a challenge as he expected and it’ll be more powerful than he expected.
 
 
 

Exo's Legenda Masterlist