Final

The Point of No Return

 

Hankyung woke to constant poking and pinching of his face. He fluttered opened one of his eyelids to find a pale and slender hand about to attack his nose. The sleepy man followed the hand to a pair of glazed over cat-like brown eyes that were staring holes into his face. The hand and eyes can only belong to a man by the name of Kim Heechul.

 

“Good!” Heechul cheered. “You are finally awake!”

 

Hankyung groaned. “Chullia,” he mumbled, “what are you doing? It's five in the morning!”

 

Heechul stared at him. “What do you mean what am I doing? What are you doing?! The sun isn't waiting for you lazy ! The mountain is waiting! We need to get going! Get up!”

 

“...what?”

 

“I said,” Heechul said hopping off Hankyung's bed, “get up. We are going to climb a mountain to see the sunrise. I do believe you speak sufficient Korean.”

 

Hankyung gawked. It was like as if he lost complete control of his jaw. “I must be dreaming, wake up Hankyung,” he murmured. He then proceeded to pinch himself. Blinking rapidly, he looked around. Nope, he thought, still dreaming. The Kim Heechul is still forcing you to climb a mountain at five in the morning.

 

Heechul tapped his foot impatiently. “Hurry up!” he said in a sing-song voice.

 

Giving up, Hankyung slowly swung his feet off his warm and comfortable bed to embrace the cold March air. Even after he wrapped himself in layers of clothing, he still shivered. What chilled him even more was his companion's state. However, he dared not to argue with Heechul.

 

“Hannie,” Heechul called sweetly, “how does a nice tall mountain sound? The view will be beautiful.” His voice was nauseatingly sweet. It was like he was covering knives with a thick layer of molasses.

 

Hankyung frowned. He silently followed Heechul to the car.

 

Ignoring Hankyung's silence, Heechul continued to ramble on as he drove away from their dorms. “You know, lot's of people enjoy sunsets! They symbolize rebirth! The Aztec or somebody believed that the sun died every night and was reborn every morning! Now isn't that silly. Oh how beautiful sunrises are don't you think? Sometimes I just wish that...”

 

Hankyung tuned out. He occasionally gave a nod or grunt and glanced out the tinted windows. The city scenery slowly changed to rolling hills and towering mountains. Soon, the car came to a halt before a jagged mountain. An unclear path s its way up the sides. Heechul hastily parked the car and quite literally, hopped out and skipped the rest of the way to the base of the towering piece of rock.

 

“Come on!” Heechul chirped. “The sunrise is waiting! Mount Suicide has the best view of sunrise in like a whole big area!”

 

Hankyung choked on his spit. “Mount Suicide?!”

 

Heechul giggled. His eyes were wild. “It's just a name, Hannie! Are you chicken?”

 

“Oh no you did not just call me a chicken!”

 

“Buc buc buc! Chicken!”

 

“Am not!”

 

“Am too!”

 

Heechul smirked. “Then prove it. Climb the mountain with me and don't walk around like you've got a stick up your .”

 

“Challenge accepted,” Hankyung replied. Deep inside, he felt relieved for that was almost a normal Heechul sentence. Almost. Suddenly, a hand swept in front of his face and his sunglasses were gone. Hankyung looked around only to find them on Heechul's head.

 

“Chullie...” Hankyung growled.

 

Heechul smirked. “You want it? Come and get it then,” he said and took off onto the path. Hankyung chuckled and followed in pursuit. The two raced up trail giggling and laughing. Heechul yelled playful insults; Hankyung swore loudly in Chinese. It was almost normal. Then out of the blue, Heechul stops in front of a wilted rose bush. He dropped Hankyung's shades and gently stoked the thorny plant. Hankyung stops too. He eyed the cat-like man.

 

“Chullie, you've been acting odd. Are you okay?” Hankyung asked.

 

Heechul was silent. He continues to the plant. A thorn pricked his delicate finger and a drop of crimson blood splattered onto the only blossoming flower.

 

“Heechul?” Hankyung tried again. He cautiously approached the other man.

 

“Hannie, isn't this rose bush pitiful?” Heechul suddenly asked.

 

“Why is that?”

 

Heechul sighed. His eyes were dilated and empty looking. “It used to be so beautiful, so admired, and now, all that's left of it is a pile of decaying leaves. No one likes them anymore. Of course, there's that one flower that survives...”

 

Hankyung wrapped his arms around the smaller man. “It's the course of life, dear; you can't help it.”

 

Heechul frowned. He placed a gentle tap on the blossoming flower and muttered, “I guess.” He gave the rose bush one more look before marching ahead. The rising sun reflected off his dark brown hair, giving it a red glow. Most people would call it beautiful. Hankyung, however, thought it look devilish, evil, and unstable.

 

There must be something wrong with me, Hankyung thought. Or him. However, he shook off the thought and jogged to catch up.

 

The rest of the climb was spent in silence. Both men were sweating and panting. They soon passed a sign labeled, Inspiration Point. The pair followed the sign up a narrow and winding path. Trees looming over their heads, creating an ominous feeling. Finally, the trail ended and a single wooden stair case led to the summit of Mount Suicide.

 

Heechul eyed the staircase in awe. The old thing was surprisingly beautiful. He glanced at it some more and took off. He raced to the summit and caught the newborn sun rising into the morning sky. His face relaxed, and his eyes softened. He slowly walked forward, as if he was trying to catch the sun. Step by step, he neared the cliff.

 

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!” Hankyung screamed. He grabbed Heechul's limb arm and pulled him back. Heechul crashed into Hankyung's chest and gasped.

 

“I was enjoying the sunrise,” Heechul murmured. His voice was wispy and dreamy.

 

Hankyung held Heechul's and and kissed it softly. “Not that close to the cliff, love.”

 

Heechul smiled. He planted a peck on Hankyung's lips and turned and stared at the rising sun. “Isn't beautiful?”

 

“Yeah. Even more beautiful with you here,” Hankyung whispered into Heechul's ear.

 

Giggling softly, Heechul Hankyung's hand. “Don't you just wish you were as young as this sunrise? Or as beautiful? Or as appreciated?”

 

“...Chullia, what's wrong?” Hankyung turned his lover around and looked at him.

 

Heechul stared deep into Hankyung's eyes. “Nothing... Nothing at all, but don't you?”

 

Hankyung scratched his neck. “I guess,” he replied.

 

Heechul's gaze dropped. He clenched his jaw as he spoke. “I knew it... I knew it!”

 

“What?” Hankyung jumped back at Heechul's sudden outburst. The smaller man's eyes were gleaming with anger and self-pity. His body shook.

 

“I knew that you knew it too! We are getting old, we aren't popular, we are not the Kings of the Hallyu wave, and we, we are just scum! We are used dolls of SM! Super Junior is falling apart as we speak! I'm heading to the army, and so is everyone else... No one like us anymore... We, our rule as Kings, is over...” Heechul collapsed onto the ground sobbing. “We are nothing... ELFs are leaving us... SM abandoned us... No matter how hard we work, how much blood and sweat we put into it, no one appreciates it anymore... No one...”

 

Hankyung didn't know what to say. He wanted to deny, but deep in his heart, he knew it too. He can only hold Heechul as the broken man sobbed.

 

Minutes later, Heechul calmed down enough to speak. “Hannie,” he mumbled, “do think that I'm beautiful?”

 

“Of course,” Hankyung replied, kissing the smaller man's temple. “You are milky-white skinned Kim Heechul!” He smiled as the latter giggled.

 

“Then Hannie, you would follow me to the end right?”

 

“Until death, my love.”

 

Heechul laughed again. “You are so cheesy,” he purred.

 

Hankyung grinned. “Only for you.”

 

Heechul snuggled into the Chinese man's chest. “You know just yesterday I received a package of extra-large unspeakables. Our ELFs are really something aren't they?”

 

“I agree, however, I am quite pleased that they think so highly of me.”

 

“How do you know its not me they are talking about? They did send it to me.”

 

“Oh please Chullia,” Hankyung said rolling his eyes, “like you ever top.”

 

Heechul growled and tackled his lover. They rolled around wrestling, but in the end, Hankyung still ended on top of Heechul.

 

Hankyung smirked, “Told ya I always top.”

 

Heechul pouted. “Hmf, idiotic bundle of testosterone,” he grumbled.

 

“What's that?” Hankyung his lips dangerously.

 

Heechul swallowed nervously. “N-nothing.”

 

“Someone needs to be punished,” Hankyung growled. Slowly, he pressed his lips against his lover's soft pink ones. Heechul respond back passionately, twirling his skillful tongue inside Hankyung's mouth. Hankyung's hands slowly s up Heechul's back and pulled on the latter's hair. They slowly pulled apart, gazing deep into each others' eyes.

 

“I love you,” Heechul whispered.

 

Hankyung nuzzled against Heechul neck and whispered back, “I love you too.”

 

“Would you follow me to the end?”

 

“Anything for you.”

 

Heechul smiled. He closed his eyes and let himself melt into the moment. He ignored the cracking sound, the crumbling stone, and the wind tearing through his hair. He ignored the butterflies fluttering around in his stomach as his body fell from the cliff. He opened his eyes once more. He glanced into soft orbs of warm brown. They were glistening with tears.

 

“You are not mad?” Heechul croaked. A lump had unconsciously formed in his throat.

 

“I knew, Chullia. You do sleep talk, you know...”

 

“Why didn't you stop me?”

 

Instead of answering, Hankyung asked, “Are you happier this way?”

 

Heechul nodded.

 

“Then like I said,” Hankyung murmured, “anything for you.”

 

Seconds later, a shattering pain rippled through their bodies. However, the pain only lasted for a second. A glistening white light and a calming warmth soon surrounded them. A peaceful bliss fell over the two former super idols as their spirits drifted off to heaven.

 

 

Donghae was tired as he dragged himself into his dorm. His schedule has been hectic. Each night, he can only get a few hours of sleep. Slumping against his bed, the little fish decided to go bother the famous Kim Heechul. Tiptoeing rather loudly, Donghae slipped into the man's room.

 

“Hyung?” Donghae called. An eerie silence followed. Flipping on the lights, he looked around. The room was in a state of heavenly cleanness. A single manila envelope sat on the bed covered in green velvet. Donghae eyed the letter. Ok, he thought, Hyukkie will probably whack me in the head for reading the letter... So will Hannie Hyung, and Teukie Hyung, and Chullie Hyung, and Evil Kyu, and... But I want to! Finally, curiosity got the better of him. He grabbed the letter, crumpling it in the process, and ripped it apart.

 

     

Dear Donghae who probably will read this, that little sneak/whomever reads this,

 

         

First of all, shame on you!

         

Second, I have to apologize. I'm sorry for my hast decision. I'm sorry for leaving. Leaving what? You'll soon find out...

         

Years ago, Super Junior debuted and, ok, we were pretty damn hot. Everyone loved us. However, our golden age has blown by so quickly. Now, I feel like as if we are dying. Our legacy is anyway... Our fans are slowly shifting to other fandoms to prepare for our fall. And damn right they should. We were just another K-Pop group. We were just another bunch of talent-less pretty boys. We have no right to call ourselves the King of the Hallyu wave. That's alright at first. We were the handsome and funny princes of fangirls' dreams. However, time has taken its toll on us. Each day we work, we lose our youth. I am in' thirty. Normal thirty-year old men have a family, children. All I have is Hannie and Heebum. I am lonely. However, at that time, suicide seemed too extreme.

         

Early this week, I opened fan-mail, like I normally do. However, I received a knife. Engraved in it was the word deathly bliss. Attached to it was a letter. I shall not destroy your innocent youth by repeating the words here. That's when I became suicidal. I didn't want to live anymore. This whole idol was tiring. Every time I came onstage, I feel queasy. I felt tired and agitated. I was never fit for a idol. I have put up with it for seven long years and I am done. I'm sorry.

         

I am now dead. Don't even try to find me. The police probably already did. I'm sorry for taking Hannie with me. I am selfish. I can't be dead without him. I'm sorry. Know that I loved you, all of you. Super Junior was my family. You guys had put up with my selfishness for too long. I have rid you of a pest, me.

       

Don't grieve me. Know that I am happier this way.

 

       

I'm sorry; Good-bye

 

       

Your brother,

     

Milky-white skinned Kim Heechul

 

Donghae could not move. Tears flowed down his pale cheek like a stream. Minutes later, a knock came at the door.

 

“This is the police. We have found the dead bodies of Kim Heechul and Hankyung...”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please review! Thank you!