Nameless Face

Nameless Face

 

Block B.

Their name suits them well. Blockbuster. You might think I’m being biased since I am, after all, a fan. But believe me when I say that they’re going to make it big. Heck, they are on their way to the top right now. Still won’t believe me? You will when they’ve become Number One. And when they do, I will be proud. Because I believed in them. Like a proud Mother, I will be patting themselves on their backs. Virtually, of course.

Just like any other imperfect human being, the boys have had their fair share of hardships. What is life, if there are no obstacles to overcome? It doesn’t matter how big the boulder is, what matters is how you deal with it and the outcome, right? As a BBC, I can’t be more proud at how they managed to overcome that obstacle. I’m neither them nor someone close to them, but I feel the hurt that they received. The pain that they felt. What kind of a person would feel good seeing someone else suffer? That’s just plain heartless.

The eight months, the eight long months, must have been excruciatingly painful for them and their loved ones. But look where they are now. They came back stronger. They didn’t let the hate drown them. It was a long swim and the waves kept pushing them back, but the boys fought through. They swam back to the top. It was worth it. BBCs were waiting patiently at the surface all this time. And knowing how grateful the boys are to see us there, waiting for them, makes it even more worth it.

 

I’ve always found it funny how they can make me feel all kind of emotions. They make me smile. They make me laugh. They make me cry. But they don’t even know me. They don’t even know I exist. I mean, I don’t even know them in person as well. But how is it they can still make me feel this way? Pulling on my heartstrings, every single time.

And it gets really frustrating sometimes. I just want to stop. It takes up way too much energy. Not to mention, time. All of the times I spent waiting for a music video to be released, watching a live stream on my laptop, I could have used that time to do something more useful. Like, read a book or something (or maybe not). And then there’s the issue with money. Burned a hole in my pocket. Savings gone in just one click, from pre-ordering their latest album. Because I need to support them after 8 long months, that’s what I kept telling myself. For my own sanity as well, I bought the album. My family would keep telling me that I’m only wasting money on useless CDs. My friends would tell me to not care so much about a group of boys who probably won’t ever know I splurged on them. Or that I exist.

But no matter what everyone tells me, I don’t have regrets. I don’t regret staying up all night to trend them on Twitter, or to wait for their new music video to drop. I don’t regret spending all of my savings on their albums (although being a ‘CD album > digital download’ kind of person plays a part). The point is, the boys have been working really hard for this album. As a BBC, the least I can do is support them whole-heartedly.

Even when they’re done with their promotions, I won’t stop supporting them. Even when they’ve reached the top, I won’t stop. It doesn’t matter if they don’t know me or where I’m from. It doesn’t matter if they don’t even know I existed. Because I’m aware that all I ever will be is just a fan. A fan that’s supporting them from 12345678miles away. A fan that’s supporting their comeback through a laptop screen. A fan that is just one of the many in the audience (someday), looking up to them on stage. Even if they somehow manage to see my face in the crowd, even if it’s just a glimpse… It’s more than enough. They don’t have to know my name.

 

 

Because I’m fine with being a nameless face in the crowd.


Block B pulled on my heartstrings again. This is the result.
So many emotions in me right now because of their comeback.

Thank you for coming back stronger than ever, Block B.

Love,
A Proud BBC. <3