Meant To Be

Meant To Be

 

Woogyu; Meant To Be

 

Maybe we were never meant to be.

 

“Hyuung- ”

 

Sunggyu sighed. He knew this would come. Reluctantly, he turned towards the source of the voice. With shaggy black hair and a cute smile, Woohyun would’ve gotten away with anything just by simply smiling, but Sunggyu wasn’t going to have any of it.

 

“What now?”

 

He smiled innocently, but Sunggyu knew there was something devilish behind that smile.

 

“I’m hungry,” he whined, childishly pouting and turning on his cutesy act full force.

 

“So? Go cook or something,”

 

“Please?”

 

Sunggyu averted his eyes from the brown ones, afraid that somehow his resolve would crumble. One could only take too much. “No, I’m busy,”

 

Woohyun pouted in defeat, turning away from Sunggyu before walking away. Seeing that distractions are zero, he continued with his papers, only to sigh in defeat when he found that he just couldn’t leave him hungry. So he got up, tidying up his papers before heading towards the kitchen to cook.

 

He hated how Woohyun had that control over him.

 

--

 

Later on that day, they were all grouped in front of the television, watching a sappy romance movie Woohyun rented. Halfway through the movie, Sungjong had tears in his eyes, Hoya and Dongwoo were cuddling on the couch, Myungsoo had his head on Sungyeol’s lap, the latter’s fingers in his hair and Woohyun and Sunggyu was bored as hell.

 

“What part of this is fantastic?” Woohyun asked in mimicry of what the shopkeeper had probably said.

 

“Shut up hyung, I’m watching,” Sungjong said in between sobs, before concentrating back on the television.

 

How rude, Woohyun thought. He dared shut me up? He thought of somehow getting back at him, but decided to do so later when he saw the bloodshot eyes. Looking around, he searched for something to do. Beside him, Sunggyu was playing with his phone, probably as bored as he himself was. Something clicked in his mind, and before he knew it, Sunggyu’s phone was already in his hand.

 

“Oi, give it back!” Sunggyu said in a hushed voice, afraid of disrupting Sungjong’s concentration. Woohyun held it out of reach, and when Sunggyu’s arms reached out for it, his left hand was on Woohyun’s waist, his right above Woohyun’s head. At such close proximity, Woohyun could see all the tiny flecks of light brown in Sunggyu’s eyes, which was saying a lot, considering how small his eyes were. He could smell Sunggyu’s cologne, smelling like rain and the ocean and musk.

Woohyun kept staring at Sunggyu, phone still out of the older’s range. Sunggyu noticed this immediately and fidgeted, making Woohyun smirk mischievously.

 

“You cooked for me, didn’t you?” He grinned, revealing gleaming white teeth. Sunggyu merely shrugged, but Woohyun could still see the slight blush. He decided to tease his hyung a bit more.

 

“Do you like me, Sunggyu-hyung?”

 

The question took Sunggyu by surprise, making him gape while trying to form words to defend himself. His blush deepened, and this time Woohyun was the one who was surprised. He didn’t expect this kind of reaction from Sunggyu; he was only playing around, but now he knew. And unsurprisingly, he found the fact very endearing. He liked it.

 

Swiftly, he planted his lips on Sunggyu’s his free hand snaking around the older’s head to pull him down. Sunggyu was hesitant at first, but he responded, nibbling lightly on the brunette’s lips. Then they broke away, finally realizing that they were still in the living room, and though the lights were all off, Sungjong was right in front of them.

 

Sunggyu climbed off Woohyun quickly, settling himself at the far end of the loveseat. Though he didn’t pay attention to the movie at all, he found himself smiling when the main actors kissed. From the corner of his eyes, he saw a smile creep onto Woohyun’s face, fingers unconsciously touching his lips. He decided that life was good. Real good.

 

He forgot all about his phone by then.

 

--

 

The other members started to notice the lingering touches and meaningful glances they sent each other when they watched the broadcast of a reality show. Hoya and Sungjong saw instantly, and they did not hesitate to point it out. Sunggyu had just opened his mouth to deny it, but Woohyun cut him off by saying that it was indeed, true. The members cheered and congratulated them, but Sunggyu didn’t feel all that happy.

 

Woohyun asked him about it during the night, but he just shrugged it off. He couldn’t quite place why he was worrying, but he just felt that they wouldn’t last that long.

 

That night, they made love for the first time. Sunggyu could never forget the way Woohyun moaned, how his back arched as a response to Sunggyu’s touches, how Woohyun screamed out Sunggyu’s name when he ed.

 

How a silent ‘I love you’ spilled out of Woohyun’s lips when he thought Sunggyu was sleeping.

 

--

 

Apparently, the rain really did mean someone’s sorrows.

 

It was raining when Woohyun was ran over by a drunk driver. The bastard drove away right after the crash, laughing away with his drunk friend. Sunggyu could never forget the blood that contrasted deeply against his lover’s skin. Sunggyu was by his side in an instant, holding the trembling brunette in his arms.

 

“Hyu- ng,” Talking was difficult, he could see by the way his chest rose and fell heavily with every breath he took. Sunggyu stayed silent, just because he knew that the latter would notice his weakness. He was his weakness.

 

He whispered a string of incoherent words, all of them were supposed to say how much Woohyun meant to him, but they ended up in a bunch of jumbled. Woohyun smiled sadly; he knew what the leader was trying to say. Woohyun coughed out blood, and Sunggyu cringed instantly. The leader looked into Woohyun’s eyes, and he could see a sadness. Don’t, his eyes seemed to say. Don’t cry.

 

His chest felt heavy, his throat constricting at every blink of Woohyun’s eyes. He was afraid that once they close, they won’t open forever.

 

“Please,” Sunggyu said softly, just for Woohyun’s ears. He wasn’t sure what he was asking for, but he also knew that they were too much to name.

 

“I’m sorry,” Woohyun said with a sad and apologetic smile.

 

With only a few blinks, Sunggyu felt his body becoming heavy. He could hear the muted I love you, and Sunggyu knew, understood then that it was undeniable. The limp body in his arms had him screaming to the sky, hoping the rain would stop, and with it, every sorrow would be gone.

 

Though if the rain were to stop, there would be nothing that could hide the tears on his face.

 

--