Settle

a u t u m n . . .

 

 

Boyoung's POV

 

''Your sister is sick, please make her happy''

 

I wasn't sure what did grandfather mean by Soojong is sick and let her enjoy her life back to 10 years ago. We were both kids. Soojong's sick? Where does she hurt? It questioned my self since then. As years passed, I came to a point that I found out what's Soojong sickness.

 

Kidney failure. Yes, that's why grandfather asked me to let her enjoy her life, because we don't know when she'll be leaving. Ever since then, I made a vow to only make Soojong's happy. I'll do anything to make her happy.

 

Studying is one of the best thing I can actually do, and I believed I can ace every subjects in exams. But one day, I won over Soojong's, and she collapsed due to distress and stayed in hospital, lying on the hard bed for a month. Nightmare to me and my childhood memory.

 

Again, since then, I never try to win over her. I love studying, but I'd let Soojong's passed her exam impressively than me. She's on the top 10, and I'd be on the top 50. University's life, I am majoring Architectural Engineering, and I did extremely well in the subject. While Soojong's majoring Art and Design.

 

For the sake of her happiness, I stopped attending my school for a year, and let her win over me. Now she's on her third year, while mine's second year.

 

I don't know if what I've done for her is enough. I am still a bad sister, I didn't take care of her that well. She's been a night-outer since attending university. I've sacrificed my good sleep only for her. Still, is it enough? No, I never thought that it's enough.

 

''Joongki...'' I called him which is still looking here and there over the lake. ''Hm?''

 

''What do you think of me?'' I don't know why that question pop out of my sneaky tongue. ''Eh?''

 

*****

 

Joongki's POV

 

I chuckled. That's why I said she's different. She always asked me something out-of-the-story questions. ''Yah Park Boyoung, if I was you, I don't even think of sacrificing my future for the sake of others, eventhough it's for my own blood-ties'', I answered her. Of course, I wouldn't do something like what she did, if I did, I wouldn't be graduating in Bachelor Degree of Aerospace Engineering and have a good life now.

 

Her eyes turned to me, staring at me for a long time. I stared on her eyes back. She's like asking, 'Oh, you graduated?' Of course I did. ''You're a good guy, why were you at the night club last time?'' she shoot me with a stronger question. I sighed, ''I wouldn't be there if my buddy asked me to do so''

 

''-and drink mineral water?''

 

She continued, teasing me. I chuckled, ''no~ I just saw a nice girl drinking mineral water in the club, I can drink anyway, not like that girl''. Somehow, she laughed on my answer. Pretty.

 

*****

 

We walked along the path under the changing color leaves. It's autumn, I've created a great memory for it. I don't know why, but I feel that Boyoung's really someone I've known for a long time. Have we met before?

 

''Oh! Yah Boyoung-ah!''

 

Someone's calling Boyoung's name upfront of both of us. We lifted our eyes to the person. Heels, tight jeans, tee and a sunglasses on her nose.

 

''Soojong?'' Boyoung seems surprised to see her sister in front of her.

 

''Yah, what're doing here?'' asked Soojong.

 

I feel like smirking. Pft. Boyoung can't even walk here huh? And you're here walking without no one asking. I looked at Boyoung. She froze herself to death. Really. I should have just kill her rather than seeing her giving up her life.

 

''I'm going home soon, you should go home too'', finally, she speaks! Oh lord, how expensive your voice that I couldn't hear that too much. Soojong stared on her, and glanced repeatedly to me. ''Who is this? Someone special? Yah, you don't even want to tell me?'' she asked Boyoung.

 

''It's not your problem, I'm going home'', replied Boyoung, coldly. She started moving her feet leaving Soojong behind, and before she's leaving further, I approached her. ''You're leaving now?'' I asked. I sighed. Oh autumn...

 

She turned to me, and smiled. ''I'll be seeing you next time, I'm going home'', she greeted warmly. I chuckled. Even Boyoung said so, she'll be meeting me soon. Thanks, autumn.

 

*****

 

Boyoung's POV

 

''Boyoung-ah! The friend before, the one with you today at the street, he's so cute! Who is he?''

 

All of a sudden, Soojong barged into my room while I'm studying and randomly talked about Song Joongki as if she knew him already. I didn't want to answer her. Song Joongki. I'm not sure why, but I'm not going to sell my friend away.

 

''Why?'' I asked.

 

Soojong smiled widely as she heard my simple question as if she already set up the answer. ''Who is he? His name? School? Work? Graduated already?'' questions by questions shooted.

 

My heart sighed. I told you I am not going to sell my friend. But seeing Soojong's excitedly asked about Joongki. Her happiness is my priority. I am in dilemma.

 

Yeah Boyoung, who is Joongki to you too? He's nothing. You are nothing. Don't be selfish. Thought by thought considering in my mind. I let a final sigh out.

 

''His name is Song Joongki...''

 

*****

 

Joongki's POV

 

Aww!!

 

I accidentally bite my tongue while eating my fried chicken alone in my own home. It bleed.

 

''Did someone just talk about me?''

 

Oh maybe Boyoung? Even the thought itself make me shy. But the fact that Boyoung that don't talk a lot struck my thought. There's no way Boyoung will tell a story to anyone.

 

Unless...

 

Her sister is an exception.

 

She'll do anything for her sister. That's how Boyoung roles. I don't know, but I do feel like I've known her for a long time. I chuckled alone, "that's impossible".

 

Brrr... Brrr...

 

My cellphone vibrated. I picked it up and swiped open to answer, "hm?" while sipping your drink simultaneously.

 

'30 minutes, at the same place!' Gwangsoo's voice at the end of the line, simply ordering me around.

 

"Yah!" I almost swear on the phone, but good for him, he cut the line first. That guy... hish...

 

*****

 

It's the same place I met Boyoung for the first time. I chuckled alone upon entering the club. But I bumped into someone instead. Tough guy. He send a glare to me, and I send him one back. We stayed on that position for a moment that finally someone came and whispered something to him, "I saw Park Boyoung following Soojong". Loud enough for me to hear. Park Boyoung? Boyoung?

 

"Find Boyoung, something must be settle between her and me", this guy must be Yong Junhyung, Park Soojong's lover that Boyoung have told about. 

 

Wait what? oh no, Boyoung's in danger. "Find Soojong too, I need to talk to her", he ordered his man around. Alright. I need to find both of them!

 

*****

 

Boyoung's POV

 

Something's not right. Someone is eyeing me around. It must be Junhyung's kid. I must find Soojong. I must protect her from that bad guy. I started to run but suddenly someone grabbed my hand and pulled me. "Joongki?" surprised to see Joongki here, again. He put on a serious face.

 

"You should not be here", he said, with his tone turned serious than ever. Worried. What happened? "That Dragon guy is searching for you". Damn it, exactly what I thought. "Where's your sister?" he asked.

 

"Help me find her", I begged. He must knew something.

 

We went together finding my sister, and found that Soojong's actually drinking happily with her friends. Oh god, she drinks again.

 

My eyes spot a ten metres away from my position, Junhyung with his kids, searching for something. Must be searching for Soojong. Probably me too. I turned to Joongki, "take my sister away first, I'll follow you soon". Joongki looked pissed off, "yah, you should come too". 

 

"Not much time, take my sister now!" I have to steal some time from being caught by Junhyung. Joongki sighed heavily, unwilling. He went to the drunk Soojong and pulled her away from her drunk friends. Soojong opened her eyes to see who just pulled her, "Oh? Song Joongki! Hi!" Joongki just shook his head and bring Soojong away via back door.

 

I watched them went away safely, and sighed relief.

 

"Hey Boyoung", someone greeting me from behind, quite near to my back. Junhyung...

 

My body was spun around and finally faced him. He grabbed both of my hand and pushed me against the hard wall. I groaned in pain upon my spine touch the hard wall. Painful!

 

"You know we need to settle something up", he smirked.