You Were There

You Were There
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When I auditioned in 99% Challenge, apprehensive yet excited, you were there, also auditioning. And we clicked seamlessly, becoming instant friends. What I hadn’t expected was for our friendship to run so deep, be so strong and last so long.

 

When I signed the papers, taking that treacherous leap into entertainment, you were there, signing identical papers, taking the same risk as I. “If we fail, we’ll fail together. If we succeed, we’ll succeed together. You’ll never know how far you can go until you try.”

 

When I was absolutely disillusioned, when the life of a trainee threatened to break me, when I so desperately wanted to throw in the towel, you were there, always a pillar of strength, helping me regain my faith and stand up again. Relentlessly, we pressed on together.

 

When I was finally picked to debut, yours still seemed uncertain. We always trained together, so there was never a doubt in my mind that you had the requisite talent and more. You refused to admit, but I knew you were disappointed. Despite your disappointment, you were there, lending me all your support, selflessly.

 

When we were down to three out of five, quickly losing members to unforeseen circumstances, and our future as a group seemed murky. As the leader, I was more so troubled, that I hadn’t done my job as a leader. But you were there, telling me that all storms would pass and this was just one of them.

 

When we finally had our breakthrough, with “Tell Me” and “Nobody”, suddenly everything changed. Apparently, I had made it; apparently, I was an idol. Supposedly, you were nothing more than a struggling trainee, leeching off me. At least, that’s how outsiders looked at it. Despite that, you were there, celebrating our success in jubilation, no matter what they thought. “If we succeed, we’ll succeed together”. Only when yours came, could I feel completely happy about it.

 

When appa was severely ill and hospitalized, I’d flown back at the first possible moment to stay with him, and without fail, you were there, bri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter