Just Another Morning

The Strings of Fate

 

I heard the thudding of footsteps come closer and closed my eyes to savor the last few seconds of my warm, comfortable, soft, quiet, bed.

“One… two… three…”

“Kim. Mi. WAAAA!” The door slammed open and a messy headed blonde-yes, blonde-stood beaming at me from the doorway. “Wake up!”

“I’m awake! Now go away!”

“But if I leave, you’ll just go back to sleep~” He smiled cheekily at me and I scoffed at him. He never acts this outgoing at school, if he did maybe a girl would actually like him… and maybe then hed stop bothering me all the time.

At school it’s a 180°change. He’s quiet, reserved, cranky, and he’s called the Ice King. Well, he’s cranky at home too. I don't even know how he even has friends.

His friends are good looking, hot, social guys who are popular with the girls. How he even came to talk to them is a wonder to me… But thanks to him I have an excuse to hang out with Yook Sungjae, my almost-boyfriend-not-really-but-more-than-friends.

They all say it-Himchan, Youngjae, Zelo-that Yook Sungjae is definitely into me, and that it’s so annoying because we’re always flirting and that’s why Daehyun is always pissed. First of all, why would Daehyun be pissed over that I mean he’s not my boyfriend for crying out loud. Second, I don’t even know how to flirt; well according to Himchan only actually know how to flirt. The thing is, I’m attracted to him too and I kind of like him but I’m not really the type to confess first.

“Are you wearing your glasses today?”

I watch him as he stupidly tries to fit my small glasses over his big face.  “Yeah, gimme that.” He tosses it on the bed. “Yah! What if you missed the bed!? If it broke you would be dead right now! Aish, you got fingerprints all over it!”

“Hey, it’s not healthy to get mad so early in the morning.”

“Well whose fault is it, stu~pid. Now go out so I can change.”

“What? You don't go out when I change.”

“That’s different. You’re ugly.”

He mumbles something under his breath and stomps away. “I heard that, Jung Daehyun!”

I really don't think Daehyun is ugly, he’s actually very handsome. He’s prettier than me, even. He has big, round eyes and thick lips, a straight nose and long eyelashes. His hair is soft like an angel’s and always smells good. I think I could’ve fallen in love with him if he wasn’t so weird and annoying… and then there’s the fact that we’re childhood friends, literally inseparable since birth, if we liked each other and started dating we might end up living our lives without a day without seeing each other. There’s no chance that he likes me anyways, he’s too caught up with A Pink’s Eunji.

I walked out to find my parents and the Jungs already eating at the table. “Wow I see how it is, eating without me, I see what I mean to you guys.” I take my place at the table and take Daehyun’s empty bowl of rice.

“Hey! I wanted another bowl.”

“Don’t ‘hey’ me! You’re eating too much. You’re gonna get fat.”

We glared at each other until my dad stood up from the table and slapped both our heads. “Yah! Hurry up or you’ll be late to school!”

I sighed. Just another morning in my life.

Short chapter, sorry! I have school tomorrow ;A; I was out sick for the last few days. I'll try to update ASAP! <3