OO1

The Angel Next Door

 

Eleven years.

That's how long it's been since the last time Minhee had seen her daughter, Eunji. As soon as the little girl was born, she was ripped from her mother's hands, forced to be watched over by an Elder Angel. This was mostly punishment for Minhee, seeing as she had broken the rules.

Today though, today was a good day. She was given the chance to be able to see Eunji, to see her beautiful smiling face and pick her up and hold her tightly in her own arms in an embrace that only a mother could.

~

"Jungmin!" Minhee shouted, flying through the open the door.  "Where's Eunji?" she asked, her white wings flapping impatiently behind her back. She bit her lip, looking around, a bit nervous but mostly excited.

"Patience, Minhee." the Elder Angel said, looking back at the latter. "She's sleeping." He slowly made his way into the hall and towards a door at the very end, leaving his spot at the window.

Minhee watched for a good 4.89 seconds before clicking her tongue in annoyance. Normally, she wouldn't be like this, but when it's been eleven years since she last saw her daughter and the man is just taking his precious time when he could get this going along faster.

"Jungmin. Are you serious." 

"Patience." he repeated, continuing at his slow pace. Minhee shot lasers into the back of his head.

"Okay. Well, um, here. Let me just slide past you—" she quickly flew over Jungmin, landing (not so elegantly) in front of the door. She paused for half a second before opening it slowly, peeking her head in. "Eunji?" she whispered, her eyes scanning the room. Blinking, she closed the door and looked back at Jungmin, a hint of panic in her eyes.

"She's not there." her voice was icy, yet Jungmin could hear the fear in it as well.

"Nonsense. I put her to bed just half an hour ago." he said calmly, motioning for Minhee to move aside as he opened the door. "Eunji, dear," he called out, his eyes slowly scanning the empty room as well.

"..."

He eyed the messy bed where Eunji should have been. In a flash he was next to the doors that lead to the balcony. "It's unlocked.." he muttered to himself, Minhee closely behind him. "What?" she hissed.

Trying to keep his calm, Jungmin opened the door, walking out and looking down towards Earth.

Sure enough, there Eunji was, playing in the snow.

"Oh Lord." Jungmin's eyebrows furrowed.

"'Oh Lord'?! Eunji fell down there on Earth and all you can say is 'Oh Lord'?!?! JUNGMIN YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO TAKE CARE OF MY BABY, AND LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE. SHE'S BASICALLY A FALLEN ANG—HELL, SHE'S NOT EVEN A FULL ANGEL. SHE'S A FALLEN HALF ANGEL HALF HUMAN. THAT'S EVEN WORS—"

"Shut up, Minhee! For goodness' sake! Come, we'll get her back before any humans find her." Jungmin said with an ounce of annoyance. He extended his wings before jumping from the balcony, flying downwards. Minhee followed in suit.

As they were rushing down, Jungmin spotted a couple getting on the roof, puzzled and bewildered looks on their faces. Jungmin let out a sharp breath before stopping in midair, creating a force field that made himself and Minhee invisible, as well as keeping her from flying to her daughter.

"Damn it, Jungmin!" she screeched. Jungmin just replied with a fierce glare. He knew that she knew Eunji was gone now.

"What's your name, Honey?" they heard the female ask.

Jungmin frowned slightly. He sprinkled a snow-like glitter over Eunji as Minhee forced back a sob. The first time she had ever heard her daughter's voice, and it wasn't even towards her. 

As the little girl's face crumpled in confusion, Minhee cried. Now there was no chance that she would ever get Eunji back. 

"I.. I don't know." Eunji replied to them. "Well, let's get you inside before it gets too cold." The couple said. They took Eunji inside.

Minhee shot a look of torment and hate at Jungmin, She flew back up to Heaven without another word.

Jungmin followed at his regular slow pace. There was no doubt that he felt bad this had happened, but mostly, he just pitied her.

How much pain a mother would go through when she could never interact with her daughter again but only look from afar, he couldn't even imagine.

~

a/n ;

hi guys! here's a short update <3 feedback / critiques are always welcome! (: