Missing Person

Stay With Me

 

 

 

 

 

 

The sun burns overhead.

The Ranger stands on the banks of an algae covered swamp.

He stares out, nervously watching.

Just below the water, sinking, the outline of the back of the Passat.

 

 

 

*  *  *  *

 

 

 

Chaerin on table, unconscious. Her fingers bandaged.

The door’s thrown open... The Concealed Figure throws Seungri roughly to the floor. He’s tied per usual.

The back of Seungri’s shirt soaked in blood.

 

“How do you expect me to do this? Like this?” Seungri looks at the Ranger.

 

“Do we need to provide you with some more ‘motivation’?”

 

“You wouldn’t want to put that lovely bride of yours through a day like she had today again, now would you?” The ranger’s wife’s said in ‘lovely’ voice.

 

“You’ll never get away with this. We have friends and family. They know where we went. They’ll come looking for us. They’ll find us!”

 

“That may very well be... but they won’t find your car.” The Ranger dangles the keys – his keys - in front of Seungri.

 

The Concealed Figure, The Ranger and his wife leave.

The door bolts, locks.

 

Seungri limps over to Chaerin, he sees her bandaged hand.

 

“Oh baby, what did they do to you? I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.”

 

“Are they gone?” Chaerin said barely audible.

 

“Yeah. You’re awake?” Seungri surprised.

 

Their entire conversation is no louder than a whisper.

 

Chaerin turns to face Seungri... they kiss.

 

“I didn’t swallow that she gave me.”

 

Chaerin spies the back of his jersey in a mirror’s reflection. “Oh my God. Seungri...”

 

“It’s okay. I’m okay.”

 

“You’re not okay. We’re not okay. What are we gonna do?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

Chaerin takes a moment. Thinks carefully about how exactly to phrase this... then...

 

“Maybe... we should just give them what they want?”

 

“What?”

 

“If it stops them from hurting you and me... maybe we should...”

 

“Absolutely not. No ing way. Forget the fact, that the moment you get pregnant, they’ll kill me. Then the moment you give birth, you’re dead.  Beyond both of those reasons... ain’t no ing way I am going to give them our child.”

 

Tears pour from Chaerin.

 

“I’ll get us out of this, baby. I promise you.”

 

 

*  *  *  *

 

 

 

A fine cloth rubs delicately, but firmly one of the fetus jars.

The Ranger’s wife finishes, steps off the small stool. The jars sparkle and shine brightly.

She gazes at the fetus jars with love, affection.

The pain of lives unfulfilled weighing heavy on her strong shoulders.

The trap door opens, The Ranger comes down the steps and his wife turns to him.

 

“It’s time.” The Ranger said to his wife.

 

 

 

 

 

* * * *

 

 

 

 

 

The Concealed Figure enters. The Ranger and his wife are with him.

 

“You don’t have to check... Nothing happened.” Seungri snapped.

 

The Ranger and his wife are pissed.

 

“We do appreciate your honesty, SeungHyun. And believe me, we understand your extreme situation, but... punishment’s going to have to be handed down.”

 

Suddenly, The Ranger’s walkie-talkie goes off.

 

“Alpha 1 to Alpha 2, coming.”

 

“Go for, Alpha 1.”

 

Seungri screams trying to be heard while The Ranger has button pushed.

 

The Ranger has given silence instruction to the Concealed Figure and his wife to restrain him.

 

The Concealed Figure holds Seungri, while the ranger’s wife grabs the gag.

 

“Morning. Got missing person’s report. A young couple. We’re printing up some flyers with their photos right now.”

 

“I told you. I told they’d be coming.”

 

The rangers wife shoves the gag into Seungri’s  mouth, ties it secure.

 

“When you get a chance, grab some and let’s start circulating, okay?”

 

The Ranger throws a concerned look to his wife.

 

“Alpha 2?”

 

Beat, then... “Copy that.”

 

“Get him in the other room. Now!” The Ranger instructs the Concealed Figure.

Concern covers the Ranger’s face...

 

 

*  *  *  *

 

 

 

 

The Ranger comes up to his wife. She stands over a bar-b-q pit.

 

“No. You promised. You promised, this time, would be the time. I want that baby. You promised.”

 

The Ranger’s wife flips open a silver lighter, sparks up a flame. She touches the flame to a piece of kindling, drops it into the bar-b-q. A fire roars to life.

 

“We’re gonna have to double our efforts, here.” The Ranger stated.

 

“Leave that to me.” The Ranger’s wife lifts THREE IRON BRANDS from a long leather bag. She places the heads of the brands into the bar-b-q.