Not So Crazy After All

Not So Crazy After All

 

Taemin POV

 

“Come on,” I murmured to my laptop, tapping my fingers on the desk impatiently. “Just load the page—I know you can do it.” The internet was not cooperating with me today. I could only assume Key was video chatting with Jonghyun again. I couldn’t wait for Jonghyun to come back from visiting his family so I could get more than one bar of internet.

At last, the page loaded.

“Yes!” I cried triumphantly, raising my fist in victory.

“Talking to your computer again?” a deep, familiar voice behind me asked.

“Maybe,” I giggled.

Minho chuckled, walking to me and leaning over my shoulder to see what I was looking at. “Fancams of our concert?” He looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

“I like to watch myself dancing,” I answered. “It’s good to know what I could improve on.”

“Always working,” Minho laughed. “That’s my Minnie.”

I beamed. I loved when he called me his “Minnie”. I loved it almost as much as when he ruffled my hair affectionately, or hugged me randomly, or kissed my cheek. I always wanted him to touch me, and smile at me, and be near me. It made me happy. I knew it made my heart happy, too, because whenever Minho touched me it would speed up. But it was only natural to feel that way about your hyung, right?

Maybe I didn’t feel that way about Key, or Onew, or Jonghyun, but still, I was sure it was normal. I mean, Minho and I had shared a bedroom for years, so of course we would be closer. Right?

All of a sudden, Minho picked up my laptop and carried it to the bed, interrupting my train of thought. He sat down, leaning his back against the headboard and stretching his legs along the mattress.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“Come on, let’s watch it together,” he said with a smile, patting the empty space next to him.

“Okay!” I bounced over to the bed, climbing up and imitating Minho’s relaxed position.

He put the laptop down, half on his leg and half on mine. I clicked the play button eagerly, and Minho chuckled at my excitement.

The sound of our song “Sherlock” filled the room as miniature versions of ourselves danced on the screen. I was supposed to be watching myself dance, but my eyes kept falling on Minho. The suit he was wearing showed off his lean, muscular body very well. The way he danced was powerful, yet graceful, and I couldn’t look away.

With a smile, I tilted my head to the side and rested it on Minho’s shoulder. He instantly wrapped his arm around me, pulling me closer. I smiled wider. I loved cuddling with Minho. We seemed to be doing it a lot recently, normally by Minho’s request.

Not that I minded. Whenever I was this close to Minho I got an oddly pleasant fluttering in my stomach. I didn’t know why it happened, I just knew that I liked it.

I returned my attention to the video, watching happily as the tiny versions of us knelt down, tracing lines on the floor with our fingers. Once Tiny Me’s finger got to Minho, I grabbed his heel and straightened out his leg, flashing him a cheeky smile.

It was then that Minho and I started laughing uncontrollably.

“I forgot about that!” I cried through my hysteric giggles.

“So did I!” Minho managed to say, his voice sounding strangled.

We clutched onto each other, laughing too hard to breathe. My sides hurt, and tears were threatening to spill out of my eyes.

By the time we eventually stopped laughing, the video was over. Still holding onto me, Minho said, “You wanna watch another one?”

I nodded eagerly.

He removed one arm from me and clicked on the first video he saw, not bothering to read the title. I assumed Key was done video chatting because it loaded instantly. Minho pressed play and put his arm back around me. We snuggled back against the headboard as we waited for it to start.

I looked at the title, which read “2min is REAL!!!” My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 2min? What was that?

I was even more confused when a love song played while scene after scene of me and Minho playing around flashed across the screen. We danced together in one, in another I ran into his arms, and in countless other ones Minho patted my back or arm affectionately.

Most of my favorite memories were in one video, which made me wonder: why would someone make a video like this?

I glanced up at Minho, and his expression surprised me.

His eyes were wide, his lips were slightly parted, and, what confused me the most, there were spots of bright red on his cheeks.

Why was he blushing?

“Hyung?” I said quietly, almost afraid to speak.

He looked at me with the same shocked expression. “M-Minnie.”

“What’s 2min?”

Somehow, his eyes became wider, and his face turned and even brighter shade of red. “I-it’s… it’s nothing. Don’t worry about it.” He looked down and seemed to realize for the first time that he was holding me. He quickly released me as though I were burning him.

I was concerned. “Hyung?”

“L-let’s put this away. I have s-some… uh… work to do,” he stuttered, voice uncharacteristically high. He slammed the laptop shut, then frantically jumped off the bed. He dropped the laptop on my desk and ran out of our room without another word.

I couldn’t help but feel hurt as I sat on the bed alone. Had I done something wrong? Why was he mad at me?

Minho never just left me like that. In fact, he rarely left me at all. What happened?

With a whirling mind, I got off the bed and went to my laptop. I opened it and saw the video was still on the screen.

The video… that’s what started it. I replayed it, paying close attention to each and every scene. After watching the whole thing, I still had no idea what the problem was.

Sighing, I scrolled down to the comments. As I laid my eyes on the hyper fangirls’ writing, I blushed.

“Kyaaa! They are SOOOO cute together! Minhoooo, just kiss him already XD”

“See the way Minho looks at Taemin? Those two are totally dating ;)”

 “I know Minho loves Taemin because he’s always touching him. You only touch someone that much when you’re in love :D”

In love? They think Minho’s in love with me?

I wanted to laugh it off, but something stopped me. What if they were right?

For some reason, that made my heart race.

Another comment caught my eye. Someone named you was answering a person who asked what 2min was. Perfect!

“2min is Taemin and Minho together. You know, Tae-MIN and MIN-ho, two MINs, 2min :D”

“Ohhh,” I breathed, finally understanding. So that was why the video was about us. And… is that why Minho was blushing? Because these people thought we were dating?

I smiled, relieved it was nothing I did. But then I began to wonder about something.

To satisfy my sudden curiosity, I played the video again, searching for something mentioned in multiple comments.

And there it was at the very start. And again, and again. That soft, glowing look in Minho’s eyes whenever he looked at me was in almost every scene. I felt the fluttering again.

My heart thumped. Were the fans right about him? Did he love me? And why did it make me so happy to think he did?

After a moment of deep thought, I realized there was only one way to find out. With a sudden burst of urgency, I ran out into the kitchen, where Minho was leaning against the counter, head in his hands.

I thought I heard him mumble, “I’m so stupid.” But it was so quiet I couldn’t be sure.

“Hyung!” I called. His head shot up.

“T-Taemin!” he greeted nervously. I walked over to him.

“I figured out what 2min is,” I said.

“You did?”

I nodded. “I just have one question.”

He seemed uneasy. “All right…”

Taking a deep breath, I tried to figure out the best way to phrase it. Now that I was standing in front of him, I realized how hard it was to ask. Before I lost my nerve, I burst out, “I read all the comments and I saw the look in your eyes that everyone says is love and I realized you’re always touching me and… I just… I have to know: how do you feel about me?”

Minho stopped moving. I wasn’t even sure he was breathing. But a glance into his eyes showed that his brain was working furiously, trying to decide what to do.

That was when I began to regret my question. I opened my mouth to take it all back, to ask that he forget about it and let everything go back to the way it was. However, my words died on my lips when Minho suddenly stood up straight, his demeanor completely changed.

He was no longer unsure—now he was focused and intense. It was this Minho who earned the nickname “Flaming Charisma”, and now I understood why it made the fangirls scream.

His stare burned into my eyes, making me feel like I was on fire. I couldn’t take the intensity and looked down at the floor, face hot.

I was only able to escape for a moment before Minho gently cupped my chin and tilted my head up, forcing me to look at him. At his touch, the fluttering in my stomach came back.

“Are you absolutely sure you want to know?” he asked, his low voice somehow burning me as much as his eyes. “Because once you do, there’s no going back.”

I nodded shakily. I vaguely wondered if I would later regret my decision, but at that moment, all I could focus on was the heat in Minho’s gaze.

He smiled. “Then I can finally tell you that I’m completely in love with you.”

My mouth fell open in shock. “I-in love?” I stuttered, face bright red and heart thumping loudly.

“In love,” he affirmed. “And I have been ever since I first met you.”

I froze, attempting to absorb his sudden confession. Once the words finally sank in, I beamed. He loved me! Actually loved me!

And, for the first time, I understood why I always wanted to touch him, why I missed him when he was gone, why I felt so safe and warm whenever he hugged me. “Hyung… I think I…“ my voice became quiet, “I love you too.”

There it was—that brilliant, shining smile on Minho’s face. The one that always  made me stop in my tracks. I smiled back just as happily, but I knew mine was nothing compared to his.

It finally happened. After years of being together without fully understanding our relationship, or even my own feelings, I had finally figured it all out. Every moment we had spent together, every small touch between us, every shared smile—at last I could see the whole picture, the driving force behind it all. And at last I knew what caused that fluttering in my stomach.

Minho began to slowly lean in, dragging me out of my thoughts back to reality. Reality didn’t seem like the right word, though; this felt like a wonderful dream.

Our lips finally met. My first kiss.

I wasn’t disappointed in the least.

I leaned into Minho, resting my hands on his shoulders. I let out a small hum of happiness when he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer. The hand that cupped my chin slid around to cradle the back of my head gently.

In that moment, everything was perfect.

Eventually, though, we had to separate. But I found it difficult to be upset about it when Minho’s warm, shining eyes met mine.

“I love you,” he said, smiling brightly again.

“I love you too,” I replied, this time without hesitation.

He pulled me back in for another kiss, this time deeper. I gasped when I felt his tongue swipe across my lower lip, and he took advantage of my partially open mouth, gently slipping his tongue inside.

It was a brand new sensation. I would be lying if I said it didn’t feel a little strange, but I would also be lying if I said I didn’t like it.

I don’t know when he did it, but I suddenly realized he had backed me up to the wall. Our kiss grew much more heated, and Minho pressed his body into mine, pinning me against the wall.

At last we broke for oxygen.

We stood there, panting, just looking at each other. Never had I seen Minho’s eyes this dark. It excited me beyond words.

My stomach was fluttering more than it ever had before, I felt exhilarated, and, for the first time in my life, I felt an odd heat and tingling low in my stomach.

But before I was able to think about it, I was distracted by someone clearing their throat. And it wasn’t Minho.

We both snapped our heads to the side in panic, and the panic only got worse when we saw Key standing in the doorway, arms crossed and eyes narrowed.

“Just what do you think you’re doing to my baby?” Key hissed, glaring at Minho.

“I-I just…” He looked back at me and realized he was still pinning me. He quickly let go and stepped several paces away.

“Save your breath. I saw you, you ert.” He stared Minho down a little bit longer before turning his attention to me. “Are you all right?” he cooed, smoothing down my hair which had gotten tangled by Minho’s fingers.

No, I wasn’t all right. I was mortified.

“I’m fine, Umma,” I replied with the cutest smile I could muster.

He smiled back. I knew he couldn’t resist my aegyo.

“Good.” He pinched my cheek, then stalked back over to Minho, the murderous glint returning to his eyes. “Now as for you, letch, I don’t ever want to see-“

He suddenly stopped talking when a faint beeping sounded from the direction of his room. His eyes lit up with excitement, a broad smile erasing his scowl. “J-Jongie!” he cried, turning to speed down the corridor to his computer where Jonghyun had started a video chat.

Minho and I sighed in relief. The relief was short-lived, however, because Key dashed back into the room a few seconds later.

“Don’t think you’re off the hook, Choi,” he warned menacingly. “When J-Jongie gets back, he’s going to kill you. And I’ll help.” After waiting to make sure his words sank in, he his heel and walked out.

Minho and I looked at each other, terrified.

And then we laughed.

Us finally confessing, my first kiss, getting caught by Key, the death threat—it all suddenly seemed so funny. My heart felt light, and as Minho and I somehow found our way back into each other’s arms, I realized this was the happiest I’d ever been. And it was all because of one person.

The person who was laughing and smiling just as much as I was. The person who’d been with me for years. The person who looked at me with that warm light in his eyes that I now knew was love.

The person who was now pulling me in for another kiss.

It was hard to believe everything happened so quickly.

And just think—none of this would’ve happened at all if I hadn’t learned what 2min was. If it weren’t for you ‘s comment, I would still be sitting alone in my room, wondering why Minho was mad at me.

So I guess I have all those crazy fangirls to thank for this.

But seeing how things turned out, I suppose they’re not so crazy after all…

 

A/N: This is much longer than I thought it would be. When I started writing, I planned for it to be just a short, fluffy one-shot. But here it is, 2,679 words...

So thank you very much for reading the whole thing! :P

Hehe, and now I have a question for all of you. Your answer will affect what story I write next, so be honest!

Do you prefer coffee or popsicles?

I know, it seems like it has nothing to do with writing, but trust me, it does! So please tell me which one is your favorite! :D

Thank you for reading, and I hope you leave a comment! :)

Now I will leave you with this:

SHINee's "Dazzling Girl" music video is AAAMMMMAAAAAAZZZZIIIIIING! XD

I watched it about 50 times in a row yesterday, and even more the day before that...

...

I regret nothing ;D