Gangsters part 4

Dark Side

“Where is he?” Sungyeol looked behind the dumpster.

“Are you sure this is the right place?” Myungsoo asked, studying the area. It was dark, so he couldn’t see that well.

“Yeah.” Sungyeol nodded, also taking a look around. “Woohyun hyung!” He called out, but to no avail. He gasped, turning to Myungsoo. “Do you think…what if they found him?!”

Myungsoo shifted his gaze, suspiciously. “It’s possible.”

“That’s it.” Sungyeol got out his phone. “I’m calling for some real help.”

♦♦♦

“How’re you feeling?”

Sunggyu slowly sat up from a long nap, rubbing his back. “Much better.”

“Good.” The doctor smiled, before scanning his clipboard. “Well, you should be good to go.”

“Really?” Sunggyu blinked.

“Yes. Of course you’ll still have to take it easy. No heavy physical activity.” The doctor instructed. “You should call someone to take you home. Perhaps a family member?”

Sunggyu nodded. “Did…did anyone come by, while I was sleeping?”

“Mm…” The doctor tilted his head. “I don’t think so. Why? Were you waiting on someone?”

“Ah, no.” Sunggyu shook his head politely. “Thank you.”

He waited for the doctor to leave, before getting out his cell phone. He was getting worried. He hadn’t heard from Woohyun the whole day. He figured Woohyun would have at least called if he wasn’t going to come back.

He was sure something happened.

“I hope he didn’t go after Minwoo…” Sunggyu realized the possibility of that was quite high, knowing Woohyun. He called his mother and asked whether Woohyun had stopped by. But she said she hadn’t seen him the whole day. “Oh crap.” He cursed. “You stupid…couldn’t you have just listened to me?” He sighed before calling up Sungjong.

“Hello? Sunggyu hyung?” Sungjong answered. “Are you feeling better?”

“Yeah, thanks.” Sunggyu replied, curtly. “But, did Woohyun stop by the office today?”

“Today?” Sungjong paused. “Um, I don’t think so…why? Is something wrong?”

“I think…I think something happened.” Sunggyu bit his lip.

“Should I tell Mi Seon noona about it?”

“Yeah, maybe. But don’t spread the news around. I don’t want everyone to panic.”

“Ok. I’ll keep an eye out for him.”

“Thanks Sungjong.” Sunggyu hung up, massaging his temples. He looked up when the young nurse suddenly popped in.

“Do you need your pillows fluffed?” She smiled cheerfully.

“But, I’m leaving now…”

“Oh?”

Sunggyu eyed her warily. “Didn’t…didn’t the doctor tell you that—?”

“Well I guess I must have missed him.” She leaned closer, gripping onto the bed sheet. Sunggyu could have sworn he saw a sharp, canine like tooth flash from behind her red lips.

“You…” Sunggyu backed away. “Who…are you?”

Suddenly his phone went off. It said Woohyun on his caller ID. He hurriedly answered it, while not taking his eyes off the mysterious nurse. “Woohyun? Where are you?” he asked quickly. “Are you ok? Why didn’t you—?”

“I-I’m sorry…” Woohyun’s voice sounded raspy and weak.

Sunggyu instantly shot up, panic washing over him. “Woohyun?! What happened?”

“H-Hyung, please…don’t come—.” His voice was cut off by a loud crash and what sounded like the thwack of a whip or something just as brutal.

“Woohyun!” Sunggyu caught the nurse’s sinister gaze.

She was in on it. She knew.

“You!” He pointed a finger at her. “What did you do to him?! Who are you—?!”

“Omo…” Suddenly the voice on the phone changed to one he was all too familiar with. “Why don’t you calm down for a moment, hm Gyu?”

“Minwoo…” Sunggyu clenched his jaw. “What do you want? If the boss wants me, then come get me. Don’t bring innocent people into this—!”

“Innocent?” Minwoo chuckled. “Sorry, but your dog came all on his own. He even challenged the boss to a one-on-one. He’s quite ballsy~ I’m impressed—.”

“Cut the crap, and let him go.” Sunggyu demanded.

“Sorry, but we can’t do that.” The nurse was suddenly in front of him, and grabbed the phone straight out of his hand. She put it to her ear. “Keep him there.” She ordered, and then glanced at Sunggyu with an amused expression. “But don’t hesitate to…play with him a bit.”

Sunggyu glared angrily. He wanted nothing more than to use his fists, but he learned not too long ago, that doesn’t solve anything. He hastily grabbed the phone from the nurse.

“What do you want with me?” He asked Minwoo.

“Well I think you know the answer to that.” Minwoo chimed.

Sunggyu knew why his former boss and Minwoo kidnapped Woohyun. It was to get him to come back. But what about this nurse? What was she getting out of this? She obviously wasn’t human. But what could his old gang possibly do for her? He studied her face for a moment. She had just given orders on what the gang should do with Woohyun. Then it hit Sunggyu. That was what she wanted. He recalled Woohyun telling him about being known among the supernatural as a threat, being a top SC officer.

She must be like those other monsters, he figured.

So that’s what she’s getting…” He realized. His old gang gets him, and the monster gets Woohyun. “So even if I go there, they won’t let Woohyun go…but,” He bit his lip. He couldn’t just leave Woohyun. He had to save him somehow. But at the same time, he didn’t want to walk into such an obvious trap.

“So?” Minwoo’s voice interrupted his thoughts.” Do you want to save your boyfriend, or not?”

Sunggyu sighed sharply. “Ok…I’ll come.”

♦♦♦

“N-No…!” Woohyun cried out, but it was too late, and Minwoo hung up on Sunggyu. He strolled over to the single chair in the dimly lit room, and smirked.

“Don’t worry. GyuGyu’s coming now~”

Woohyun sneered at him, sweat pasting his forehead, and blood trickling from the corner of his split lip. His wrists were behind his back, around the chair he was on, bound by shackles that were cemented into the dirty concrete ground. His feet were similarly bound.

“You won’t get him!” Woohyun hissed. “He’ll never go back to you!” He aimed his shouts past Minwoo, and at the boss, who had his back turned. The boy sighed, turning around and walking up to Woohyun.

“This is boring.” He frowned. “I wanted to use the new torture chamber device.”

Minwoo blinked. “But Boss, that…she told us not to kill him.”

“It won’t kill him.” The boss shrugged, teasingly brushing a finger along Woohyun’s cheek, before Woohyun angrily attempted to bite off his finger. “It’ll just tame him a bit…” He smirked.

“But it killed those werewolves.” Minwoo remarked.

Werewolves?” Woohyun looked up in horror.

Werewolves were at least twice as strong as him. And it killed them? He gulped. This boss guy wasn’t joking around. But he couldn’t care less about that. He was more concerned about Sunggyu. No matter what, Sunggyu couldn’t come back here. He knew Sunggyu wasn’t that stupid though. He probably had some kind of plan. He was probably bringing the SC officers into this. Like Woohyun should have. But of course he didn’t. Of course he had to jump head first into a dangerous situation. He could practically hear Sunggyu’s nagging in his own head, and that almost made him smile despite his situation.

“See, look!” The boss pointed at Woohyun’s face. “He’s smiling! He’s enjoying this. We need something more…effective.”

“Uh…I don’t know.” Minwoo worriedly glanced at Woohyun, who’s head was lowered, his sweat coated bangs covering his eyes.

“Didn’t she say we could play with him?” The Boss grinned.

“Well,” Minwoo shrugged. “I guess she did say that.”

♦♦♦

“That’s what he told us, but when we went there, he wasn’t there anymore. I knew they got him already. I’m sorry Sunggyu hyung. If I just—.”

“It’s fine Sungyeol. It’s not your fault.” Sunggyu balanced his phone between his shoulder and ear, as he pulled a dark metal bound chest out from under his bed. The boss, the nurse and Minwoo had given him half an hour to show up at the given location. He had hurriedly checked himself out of the hospital and took a taxi home.

He rushed into his bedroom, not even stopping to greet his mom and sister who stood up from surprise at the kitchen table.

“Just go to the SC office, and tell them everything I told you to ok?” Sunggyu instructed the younger man, before hanging up.

He got out his trusty pocket knife and clicked a black button on it opening up a small compartment, that had a tiny silver key in it. He stuck the key in the metal chest’s lock, and reluctantly opened it up. Inside, were the horrors of his gangster past. First was a steel dagger with a dark wooden handle. He pulled it out of its cover to inspect it for a moment, before sliding it safely into its hilt, and storing it in the side pocket of his leather jacket. Next, he got out a pair of brass knuckles—a series of four steel rings melded together with an extended palm grip, and stuck that in his right pocket for easy access. He also got out a few smoke bombs and put those in his other pocket, before locking up the chest and shoving it under his bed again.

“Sunggyu…”

He turned, pulling himself up, to face his mother.

“I’ll be fine.” He managed an assuring smile that Mrs. Kim didn’t believe for one moment.

“You…you promised you wouldn’t use those things again.” She had on a worried expression. “Is this…is it really necessary?”

“Mom, they have Woohyun.” Sunggyu met her gaze with determination. “I have to.”

“What about the SC officers? Can’t you ask for their help?”

“I already did.” Sunggyu approached her, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder. “I won’t do stupid things anymore mom. I promised you, remember?”

Mrs. Kim smiled weakly. “Yes…you did.”

He gave his mother and very confused sister quick hugs before hopping into his beat up old car, and revving up the engine.

♦♦♦

“I’ll give you one chance to beg for mercy.” The boss hummed, some kind of black, leather bound wand in his hands. He shut the heavy rusted door behind him, and approached the chair Woohyun was chained to. He was alone and Minwoo was no where to be found.

Woohyun ignored him and kept his head down.

“Yah!” The boss grabbed Woohyun by his hair and forced him to face him. Woohyun looked up at him with a smirk.

“A magic wand? Are you playing dress up—?” That got him a swift smack across the face with the leather stick. Apparently it was rougher and heavier than it looked. Woohyun almost thought that his skull would have cracked from the impact. Perhaps the leather was merely a cover because he was sure the stick itself was made of some kind of metal.

“That was just a light hit.” The boy leaned in dangerously close to his face, still pulling on Woohyun’s hair. “Do you want me to break your skull? Because I’d love to do that.”

“I-I thought you weren’t supposed to kill me.” Woohyun attempted to keep his cool, glaring at the boss defiantly.

“But I can still break your bones.” The boss nudged Woohyun’s knee with the stick lightly.

“If you break my bones I won’t be able to fight back…” Woohyun muttered. “Wouldn’t that be less fun for you?”

The boss actually burst out laughing at that.

“You’ve got a point there!” His smile immediately faded, as he regarded Woohyun’s face with disdain. “What a stubborn you are…Sunggyu hyung will come back to me.”

Woohyun snorted. “Sorry, but I don’t think Gyu hyung likes psychotic pretty boys.”

The boy’s face darkened. “So what? You think he likes ugly annoying faces like you better?!”

Woohyun daringly met his gaze. “I’m almost positive.”

There was a very faint flicker of uncertainty in the boy’s eyes and Woohyun caught it. He had found it—the boy’s weakness.

“H-How do you know that?” The boy frowned, his whole demeanor turning extremely defensive in a second.

Woohyun grinned mysteriously. “Well…a person doesn’t usually kiss someone they don’t like~”

“K-Kiss…?” The boy stammered and even in the dim room, Woohyun could see the faint blush coloring his cheeks.

“He’s still just a kid after all…” Woohyun couldn’t help but be amused.

“W-What about ?!”

Woohyun’s smile immediately faded as he looked up at the boy in shock.

“What? S-?” Woohyun stuttered. “Yah you’re a child! H-How could you be thinking about—!”

“Ah, so that hasn’t happened yet.” The boy smirked knowingly. “Well good, that means I still have a chance.”

“W-What?! You…?” Woohyun stared at him in a state of shock. “You want to…with Gyu hyung?!”

“He was almost mine before.” The boy stated. “But this time, I’ll make him mine under any costs.”

Woohyun didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. Here was this…this kid saying he wanted to bang Sunggyu and actually thinking of Woohyun as his competition.

“How old are you? Like fifteen?” Woohyun sighed.

“NO!” The boy roared. “I’m twenty!”

“What?” Woohyun gasped. “No way! Don’t lie!”

“I’m not lying you !”

“Nah, I think you are.” Woohyun eyed him suspiciously.

“Ugh! Who cares what you think!” The boy threw the stick to the ground and stomped his foot. “Besides Sunggyu hyung’s type is someone younger!”

“Yeah, but he’s not a e.” Woohyun retorted, probably enjoying this more than he should be.

“I’m not underage! And I probably have more experience than you!” The boss roared.

Woohyun frowned. “It’s about quality not quantity. Besides, Gyu hyung doesn’t want some dirty used body that’s been touched by everything under the sun.”

“W-Well you’re probably way more of a anyways!” The boy argued.

“What?” Woohyun pouted. “You just said you had more experience than me.”

“S-Shut up! You don’t know anything!” The boss yelled in a whiny tone. “B-Besides all you did was kiss him! I almost touched his once!”

Woohyun snorted, and rolled his eyes. “Big freaking deal. I got in the shower with him once!”

“W-What?!” The boss’s eyes went wide. “I thought you never did it with him!”

“But we almost did.” Woohyun smirked, clearly happy about having the advantage.

“S-So? Taking a bath together is no big deal!”

“Aigoo, what a cute child.” Woohyun cooed. “You actually think that two adults going into a bath together can possibly be innocent.”

The boss flushed with anger. “Y-You probably just invaded his shower without permission and then Sunggyu hyung had to force you out!”

Woohyun paused, because well, some of that wasn’t far off from the truth. But it wasn’t like he was going to let the boy know that.

“H-He liked it!” Woohyun blurted out. “He couldn’t even wait to do it! He even woke me up early that morning and dragged me into his bedroom!” Though that was mostly a lie, the boy seemed to believe it and notably gasped.

Meanwhile, outside the door, Minwoo stood listening in on the conversation.

He sighed, shaking his head.

“Idiots…they’re both idiots…”

[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]

The boss's identity is still unknown. Some of you guys are thinking its Luhan. But tbh I don't know exo that well so...XD