Chapter 2

Little Star

~*~*~

Junmyeon sat alone on a tall stool in a dimly lit bar with soft music playing in the background. Setting a half empty glass on the counter top, he called for the bartender’s attention to order his 3rd bottle of wine. He have been coming to this bar after work, going home around 3 in the morning then waking up at 8, only getting about three hours of sleep. This cycle repeats until now. He thinks it’s the only way to escape all his worries.

~

It has been 2 weeks since Junmyeon visited and it’s starting to worry Kyungsoo. 

“He never missed a day,” he thought. Everyday he stares at the door waiting for him, getting excited with the thought of his boyfriend finally stopping by whenever it opens. He gets disappointed shortly when the nurse or his friends walk in. It’s not that he’s not happy to see them, Kyungsoo’s actually thankful that he have his friends by his side but the person he really needed the most isn’t. 

Meanwhile, as a result of Junmyeon’s absence, Minseok took his role. He’ve been taking days off from his work as a pastry chef down town just to take care of his dongsaeng. Since the others are still in school and Kris works all day, they only visited at night. But now that they’re on a holiday break, his friends have been hanging out in his room a lot lately. Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Chen, and Kai in particular. Chen usually just sits on the couch right next to the bed, stealing and eating Kyungsoo’s oranges which he bought himself. Typical Jongdae huh. Chanyeol and Baekhyun argues about everything. One time, they got kicked out of the hospital for being too loud. As for Kai, he sleeps soundly on the couch next to Chen most of the time.

That night, Tao came to visit with a cake in hopes of making Kyungsoo feel better. He believes in the saying “Cakes makes everything better”, which he made himself. Kris, Yixing, Luhan and Junmyeon’s brother, Sehun, joined them later on. Kyungsoo’s room is usually packed with his friends but he never forgets that Junmyeon is missing and that saddens him, more than the fact that he’s sick.

“Have you seen your brother Sehun-ah?” Kyungsoo asked, “I haven’t seen him for 2 weeks nor does he answer my calls. Is something wrong?” The whole room fell silent instantly. Junmyeon have been distant to everyone lately.

“Uh, no hyung. He didn’t come to family dinner,” Sehun lied. His brother have been acting strange lately. Junmyeon normally talks a lot during family dinner at their parents’ house and is always cheerful but Sehun noticed that he’s unusually quiet for the first time and haven’t touched his food. Although he wants to help, he don’t know whether it’s okay for him to meddle in his brother’s life.

“Yeah, I haven’t seen him at gege’s cafe,” Tao added.

“Doesn’t he usually get his frappuccino in the morning, hyung?” asked Jongin getting up from his precious couch.

“Not lately,” Kris shrugged.

“Don’t worry, Soo. Maybe he’s just busy or something. He’ll come soon,” Luhan hoped. Their friend isn’t one to disappear without telling anyone. And seeing Kyungsoo’s state, he doesn’t think Junmyeon can handle being away for too long.

 

They waited until Kyungsoo fell asleep. When he finally dozed off, everyone except Minseok left. 

“You don’t think something happened to him right? Because Soo would be miserable an- and..” Chanyeol asked with a trembling voice once they got outside.

“God! Shut up Chanyeol, will you? He might hear you,” Baekhyun said hushing him.

“I’m sure he’s alright,” Kris said calmly but sending Baekyeol death glares, “I’ll go to his office tomorrow.”

“But why isn’t he coming to visit Soo?” Yixing, who have been really quiet till now mumbled quietly. They heard him but everyone chose to ignore his question. They just hoped that what they were all thinking is not the case. 

The next day, Kris went to Junmyeon’s apartment but he wasn’t there. He then decided to go to the company that Junmyeon’s parents owned. However, he was greeted by his secretary who told him that Junmyeon did not come to work today. But Kris is Kris, and he knows when people are lying. He knew his bestfriend’s schedule too well.

After work, Kris stalked Junmyeon all the way to the hospital. The younger guy stopped in front of Kyungsoo’s room, hands on the door handle. Instead of opening it, he turned around and walked out of the building to a bar a few blocks away from the hospital. It was already 11:25pm and the almighty Krisus needed his beauty rest, so he settled in talking to Junmyeon the next day. 

 

“So are you saying that he have been going out to bars even though his boyfriend is in the hospital!?” Luhan shouted at Kris irritably.

“Yup,” He replied, clearly annoyed at Luhan for making a fuss in his cafe early in the morning.

“GDI! That guy is so gonna get it! I don’t care if he’s Sehun’s bro”

~

They went in and quickly spotted Junmyeon chugging down his third bottle of wine. As he was about to raise his glass to his mouth, a hand caught his arm and he looked up to find Kris and Luhan standing beside him. From the look on his face he must not have gotten enough sleep for days, or weeks. Dark eye bags under his eyes hanged low, lower than Tao’s, and his mustache unshaven. The handsome guy with the angelic smile is gone. He’s not the Junmyeon they were used to seeing.

Luhan was about to punch him when..

“What are you guys doing here?”

“To come get you. Come on!” Kris said, grabbing his arms to help him stand up.

“Leave me alone!” 

“We’re not leaving you here. And besides you got some explaining to do,” Luhan remarked.

“I don’t want to,” Junmyeon insisted, grabbing another bottle of wine.

“Junmyeon!” Kris called aggressively. He obeyed, nobody would want to mess with Kris when he’s mad. Not even him.

Since the youngest was too drunk to even walk straight, both Luhan and Kris had to support him until they reached his apartment. They helped him clean up and dragged him to bed. Luhan slept on the couch and Kris on the living room floor.

In the morning, Junmyeon woke up with a throbbing headache. He got out of bed and found a hangover soup ready on the table. When he was done, someone from behind spoke.

“Are you going to tell us what’s going on with you, Kim Junmyeon?” He recognized that voice. He turned around to see Kris leaning against the door and Luhan sitting on the couch.

“About what?” he said nonchalantly.

“Okay, so you’re gonna play it that way, huh?” Luhan stands up from the couch and grabbed Junmyeon’s shirt collar, “We meant, why are you avoiding Kyungsoo and all of us?”

Hearing those made him uneasy. He tried to look away but he couldn’t block Luhan’s voice out of his head.

“You know he’s sick. Yet you’re still fooling around! Why are you doing this to him? To us?” Tears started to form in Luhan’s eyes. With a shaky voice he continued, “He’s sick, myeonnie! He needs you right now!”

Luhan let go of him and Junmyeon fell on his knees looking so weak with tears running down his cheeks. 

“Tell us what’s wrong! Why are you being like this!? WAAAEEEEE!?” Luhan screamed to the top of his lungs.

Junmyeon lifted his head unable to look at them. Then he opened his mouth and with a trembling voice he started, “be-bec- because..”

~*~*~

 

askjasdkh Hope you like this chapter ;w;

I'll update soon. T^T creys coz the ending hahahahaha.

btw thanks for the subs and for reading it guise ^o^